Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, needles said:

Appalling. Absolutely ******* appalling.

That side will be lucky to stay out of a relegation fight on the showings I've sen so far this season.

Burton were simply better than us. Had better chances, played more creative football, defended with more vigour and purpose. More togetherness, more belief.

I've defended some of these players and criticised others, but after that, **** knows where we even start.

The manager cannot be exempt from criticism either, you know what to expect from Burton, and he's had 7 games now to get some semblance of an idea into them how we're going to go about attacking the opposition goal.

Bent might as well **** off. Unless it's on a plate for him he's of no use, and we can't create.

New lad was ****. Full on ****.

Butterfield hasn't once looked like producing a killer ball, tackle, decent shot or telling contribution of any kind all season. He's a loser and I want him out.

Blackman should be exempt from criticism tonight as he didn't play, but the mere fact that he can't get into that shower of ***** tells you all you need to know about the talentless knob jockey.

Russell huffed and puffed. Nothing. Chris Martin was pedestrian, largely anonymous, had only one shot (blocked) and was still comfortably our best striker.

I'll let the defence off to an extent. It's the creative side of the game (which used to be our strength) which has utterly evaporated. 

If we could ship out every single one of the forward and midfield players with the exception of Will Hughes and replace them I'd say do it. *****.

Cowardly, wafty, arrogant, *****. **** the lot of them. They owe us.

Haha. First smile of the evening ...Cheers!  Agree..Although the 'owe us" bit may detract for some from  the fact that the rest was largely highly accurate and rather amusing. Top rant.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

There are far bigger issues than why Elsnik wasn't in the squad today

Read my post properly....

I read your post pal.. I think you were saying that Pearson is in a battle of wills with the established players. Wouldn't playing the youngsters do that? We need a shake up for sure .

10 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

We are clearly seeing a battle of wills going on behind the scenes. It is not the time for another new manager and we need to look long, hard and honestly at our own shortcomings, not look backwards through rose tinted spectacles. We are where we are right now and we need to deal with it.

Nigel is clearly at odds with a number of the players with a poor attitude who don't want to play for him. I think he is playing them to prove a point to Mel that this is the case. It will give him the license he needs to leave them out/move them on.

It won't be quick and it isn't going to change overnight however in the long run it is the right thing for Derby County. He is now going to have to do much of the same work that our previous Nigel had to undertake and rebuild the team. We as fans should now get behind him & Chris Powell & stop looking back. There is a cancer in the club that needs to be cut out. We have made many mistakes as a club over the last 2 years and we are now seeing the effects of that.

For me Ince, Martin, Butterfield, Russell, Shackell, Blackman & Bent have had their time and we should move on without them even if that means leaving them to rot on the sidelines. Let's start giving players like Elsnik, Max Lowe and Rawson a game to see if they can cut the mustard at this level. Their attitude will be right and they will have the desire and passion we all want to see. Combined with some prudent additions of players with the same attitude and desire we will start to see some improvements and much to many peoples doubt right now Pearson will sort this out. 

+ 1, fully agree there are some deep-rooted issues that clearly need sorting.

I'm still fully behind Nigel Pearson and remain confident he will get it right.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

I read your post pal.. I think you were saying that Pearson is in a battle of wills with the established players. Wouldn't playing the youngsters do that? We need a shake up for sure .

Think we are agreeing with each other - just that tonight wasn't the time to scar the youngsters by putting them through that. NP knows it and so blooded them in a low risk Capital One cup game. Until he gets the deadwood out the team (which should be easy after tonight) he doesn't want to stunt their progress by putting them in alongside it.

Absolute shambles, is Pearson trying to re invent the wheel, if this is the Derby way Mel wanted well we might as well give in now, this side needed small changes, we know what they can do and what they can't.Proved tonight what we can't do , I don't naming players but I don't want to see ince,Bent,Butterfield, Christie to name but a few in a Dcfc shirt again, the others aren't much better ,Hughes tries but nothing around him at the moment.Been going since 78 and I have seen some poor performances and this tops it, I had to get the barman in France to put it me on why did I bother.

14 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

We are clearly seeing a battle of wills going on behind the scenes. It is not the time for another new manager and we need to look long, hard and honestly at our own shortcomings, not look backwards through rose tinted spectacles. We are where we are right now and we need to deal with it.

Nigel is clearly at odds with a number of the players with a poor attitude who don't want to play for him. I think he is playing them to prove a point to Mel that this is the case. It will give him the license he needs to leave them out/move them on.

It won't be quick and it isn't going to change overnight however in the long run it is the right thing for Derby County. He is now going to have to do much of the same work that our previous Nigel had to undertake and rebuild the team. We as fans should now get behind him & Chris Powell & stop looking back. There is a cancer in the club that needs to be cut out. We have made many mistakes as a club over the last 2 years and we are now seeing the effects of that.

For me Ince, Martin, Butterfield, Russell, Shackell, Blackman & Bent have had their time and we should move on without them even if that means leaving them to rot on the sidelines. Let's start giving players like Elsnik, Max Lowe and Rawson a game to see if they can cut the mustard at this level. Their attitude will be right and they will have the desire and passion we all want to see. Combined with some prudent additions of players with the same attitude and desire we will start to see some improvements and much to many peoples doubt right now Pearson will sort this out. 

Another way of looking at it is the players have no confidence in the way they are being asked to play and are subsequently low in morale and confidence. We can see the shambolic team selections, formations and substitutions, but they are trying to play through it. If he can move some in and out in the next 4 days then he may make some headway towards what he wants but if he doesn't and this continues then he may not reach the next window.   

What is for sure, to the play the NP way successfully we need to replace 2/3 of the squad because 1/3 of them won't play well under NP and 1/3 are dogsh1t. That is going to take 3 seasons.  

Pearson had a similar job when returning to Leicester and to a lesser extent Hull

I have total faith he will get it right, but it'll get worse before it gets better. 

I see similarities with the job Clough had to do when he took over from Jewell, not quite as bad as that because we have an owner who's got money and is willing to spend it, but we've seen what mess we've got into with that last season, although Pearson isn't that type of manager. 

14 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Don't try and be offensive. I have made my point. Move along. My conversation with you is over. 

Bit of a delicate flower if you consider that offensive.  No matter, it's clear you won't answer the question yet it's also clear where you stand.  As you say, we'll move on.  

13 minutes ago, needles said:

Appalling. Absolutely ******* appalling.

That side will be lucky to stay out of a relegation fight on the showings I've sen so far this season.

Burton were simply better than us. Had better chances, played more creative football, defended with more vigour and purpose. More togetherness, more belief.

I've defended some of these players and criticised others, but after that, **** knows where we even start.

The manager cannot be exempt from criticism either, you know what to expect from Burton, and he's had 7 games now to get some semblance of an idea into them how we're going to go about attacking the opposition goal.

Bent might as well **** off. Unless it's on a plate for him he's of no use, and we can't create.

New lad was ****. Full on ****.

Butterfield hasn't once looked like producing a killer ball, tackle, decent shot or telling contribution of any kind all season. He's a loser and I want him out.

Blackman should be exempt from criticism tonight as he didn't play, but the mere fact that he can't get into that shower of ***** tells you all you need to know about the talentless knob jockey.

Russell huffed and puffed. Nothing. Chris Martin was pedestrian, largely anonymous, had only one shot (blocked) and was still comfortably our best striker.

I'll let the defence off to an extent. It's the creative side of the game (which used to be our strength) which has utterly evaporated. 

If we could ship out every single one of the forward and midfield players with the exception of Will Hughes and replace them I'd say do it. *****.

Cowardly, wafty, arrogant, *****. **** the lot of them. They owe us.

How can you let our defence off. Both centrehalfs stood on the front post marking one player when Burton scored.

We were told by Leicester fans in the summer that it'll get worse before it gets better. In terms of performance, I hope it doesn't get much worse than that, because that was excruciatingly painful to watch.

I have a feeling Pearson has had enough and we will see a couple more new faces and a couple of the longer serving players gone within the next week.

Archived