Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Derby either need to play 4-4-3 for 5-3-2 / 3-5-2. Either way we have been built around three in midfield with full / wing backs to give us greater width. 4-4-2 doesn't really work in the modern era in my opinion, you need to overload midfield and provide cover for the defence. We have never had competition or cover for Thorne or Martin, which we need. That wasour problem, too reliant on two or three players. If they didn't do it then we struggled. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I couldn't match last season's antics of @Chris Mills aka #ChrisTheRedeemer. Someone else needs to take up the mantle for the next match thread.

Remember it's only five league games in. We now have the international break to continue to work to try to put things right. And we may well click soon and start shooting up the table playing scintilating football. Keep the faith. And at least we have Saturday off and a bank holiday weekend to enjoy,

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

did you not see the body language of the players tonight??

They're a disgrace, they got rid of one head coach last season ffs, can't believe some of our fans actually stick up for some of our shower of s*** players, and as for golden boy Hughes.... he's the worst, and I actually think he's one of the ring leaders as well, he's a smug looking prat. 

And don't deny they didn't get rid of Clement either to the one's who like to shoot me down, just look at the reaction the Tuesday (day after he was sacked), laughing and joking, and not one of them said thank you and wished him well.. f****** disgrace some of our players.

this is what happens when you spend a fortune people, you get this sort of performance and a bunch of "I don't give a f***" attitudes. 

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Come off it Alpha, did you not see the body language of the players tonight??

are you seriously telling me that it's Pearsons tactics behind the reasons that our players can't pass a ball 5 yards? or why Darren Bent was offside on virtually every attack tonight? 

There is something massively wrong behind the scenes, absolutely abundantly clear. The effort and desire from the players is just not there, at all. That's got naff all to do with tactics 

I saw frustration. Terrible conviction/nerves and panic. But not casual effort. I saw worrying frowns on every player. A good deal of orders barked back and forth.

There was a huge hole in our formation though again

4211----1-------1 Rigid!!

There was just no ball to progress from DM to attacking midfield. And on rare occasions someone was there it was no way from there. There's not enough risk. Not enough overlapping. Poor passing is a part of that. But these lads can pass. We know that.

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

They're a disgrace, they got rid of one head coach last season ffs, can't believe some of our fans actually stick up for some of our shower of s*** players, and as for golden boy Hughes.... he's the worst, and I actually think he's one of the ring leaders as well, he's a smug looking prat. 

And don't deny they didn't get rid of Clement either to the one's who like to shoot me down, just look at the reaction the Tuesday (day after he was sacked), laughing and joking, and not one of them said thank you and wished him well.. f****** disgrace some of our players.

this is what happens when you spend a fortune people, you get this sort of performance and a bunch of "I don't give a f***" attitudes. 

What a nonsense post. 

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

I have always backed my convictions and yes I would get rid if this is the type of football we are going to end up playing. 

Then confirm that your happy with the effort being made by all of the starting 11. That was what I asked not whether you're happy with the manager. The whole world knows the answer to that particular question and you post very little else bar criticism of NP that I can see.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

What a nonsense post. 

You can't deny the Clement part

they wanted him gone and he was sacked, and you can't deny our lack of effort that was put in under Clement either. 

It seems to be a recurring pattern now?!?!?! 

Another manager that is being treated like ****, but some never question the players. 

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

they wanted him gone and he was sacked, and you can't deny our lack of effort that was put in under Clement either. 

Another manager that is being treated like ****, but some never question the players. 

Careful, you will be accused of making up rubbish to seek attention soon. The players are faultless according to some on here

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

No evidence at all that the players wanted Clement sacked. You are again talking utter nonsense. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Then confirm that your happy with the effort being made by all of the starting 11. That was what I asked not whether you're happy with the manager. The whole world knows the answer to that particular question and you post very little else bar criticism of NP that I can see.

Then you don't look very hard. I am happy with the efforts for the most part of the players. We are not playing to there strengths or the right tactics and no I am not a fan of Pearson. 

12 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

To be fair, he's right about Rush.

I know no-one likes to hear it around here but for what he's spent and sanctioned and pushed for he hasn't half under delivered on his promises. Usually when the CEO fails, he goes.

I think he's finally got it right in hiring Pearson but before that??

30m quid spent on players,  a flop of a hire in Clement and a car crash waiting to happen in McClaren, doubling the wage bill, several u-turns in strategy and philosophy and 3 seasons later people still hold him up as the saviour of Derby.

Still at least the "recruitment and relationships" side of the cl

Terrible ....1 goal in 5 games and two defeats against relegation favourites. Still, a great cup run so far.

12 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Derby loaning players from Man Utd while poor little Burton under nasty no friends Nige have to settle for players on loan from erm Leicester and  Spurs.....

I'll say this quietly but you all know I'm thinking it anyway.

COME ON YOU BREWERS :-)

I'm happy for Derby to storm the league and get promoted by Easter but for two games this season.. well it would be rude not to hope. 

I can see it being a high scoring game, Burton's wing backs can get a bit exposed but going forward they'll create a lot of chances.

I agree.....Clough did a good job on a limited budget.....Rush has failed to deliver promotion despite a fortune spent. Clough did his job properly while Rush has been INCOMPETENT so far.

Archived