Craig Forsyth Injury

LauraH

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Yep, nothing to do with it. Actually second time is worse as the replacing tissue will be taken from thigh, which will be stiff and painful for a long, long time. But it has nothing to with new one being stronger, which is a shame.

I had tissue taken from thigh when I did mine in the 90s. Took 12 months to get the thigh back. Mind, can't really claim that I was training at the level of a champ footballer. :(

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Gutted for the poor lad. It's such a long journey back from these types of injury I just pray he can find the resolve.  I doubt I could go through the surgeries and reahab and physio required, I wouldn't have the strength :(

Was just thinking on Sunday how for the first time in yonks we were not too far away from being able to put out our strongest matchday squad.  We're bloody jinxed I swear!

This is where I think Thorne could be finished, so many injuries must get to them. 

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

This is where I think Thorne could be finished, so many injuries must get to them. 

Let's hope not! Weird thing is Fozzy was jogging around a few minutes after it happened. Shows what a tough lad he is. Keeping everything crossed he's on the mend soon and that George is back as soon as he sensibly can be. 

7 hours ago, LauraH said:

His right knee again. I always thought if you had an ACL once then the knee was meant to be stronger and very unlikely to sustain one again but obviously not :(

Whilst it's true that the actual "replacement" ACL is stronger, there is a big caveat. The original ACL had nerves in it that allowed the joint to know when it was overloaded/unbalanced, this meant the joint had more control when under pressure.

When you have an ACL reconstruction you lose the nerves and thus that extra bit of control, to make up for this you would undergo physio work to build the muscles around the joint and practice balance exercises to help "catch" the joint should it be put under extreme pressure, sadly as Fozzy has found out this is not a 100% solution.

I feel really sorry for him, it's a tough enough journey coming back from one ACL, but two on the same knee is very hard. The only player I can think of that's done it successfully is Robert Pires. 

Hope he get's on the mend soon. Would love to see him back to his best in a Derby shirt. 

PistoldPete2

Oh bum. Well at least we have Olson now but I think fozzy is better defender and going forward too. 

Maybe be we should think about strengthening our attacking full back position, or get a decent winger in. And quick. 

7 hours ago, admira said:

The fact he walked off the pitch must point to the former.

Not necessarily. I've torn mine twice and the PCL and MCL too. On each occasion I walked off. Doesn't mean it's not a complete mess, unstable and prone to collapse. Just means that sometimes the muscle can support you enough to walk. 

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

From a Cincinnati study. Didn't realise repeats were so common: 1/3!

"Of them, 29.5% of the athletes suffered a second ACL injury within 24 months of resuming regular activities, including 20.5% sustaining an injury on the opposite leg and 9% tearing the same leg."

I tore everything in my right knee four years ago and within eight months post-op I ruptured my ACL again. 

I met a few people that were on their second or third op.

I was told before I went for my first op: before any injury, it's like riding a bike with two handlebars. After injury, following the op, it's like riding a bike with one handlebar. I don't know what it's like for two ops, but I've only just started to trust myself to play again, four years on.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I tore everything in my right knee four years ago and within eight months post-op I ruptured my ACL again. 

I met a few people that were on their second or third op.

I was told before I went for my first op: before any injury, it's like riding a bike with two handlebars. After injury, following the op, it's like riding a bike with one handlebar. I don't know what it's like for two ops, but I've only just started to trust myself to play again, four years on.

no_hands_cycling_over_speed_hump.jpg

Archived