Craig Forsyth Injury

LauraH

Really upsetting news. He's a great pro and has always seemed like a nice, down to earth lad when I've spoken to him. No footballers deserve injuries, but this one seems particularly unjust. Being selfish it's also annoying because the team are better with him in it. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I couldn't tell from the article whether it was the same knee?

If it was,  so it's happened twice,  is that game over for Fozzy?

No, it's not. But this time around it will take longer to recover.

I ******* hate injuries.

Gutted for the lad.

He's worked so hard to come back and get fit for the season. How many ACL injuries is that in the past few seasons now?

Hope to god Olsson is back fit soon, I dont think I can bear the thought of seeing Chris Baird at LB again. He's the only player I know who gets a nosebleed every time he passes the half way line!

Not many athletes in any sport come back from two ACL ruptures to the same knee, certainly not anywhere near their level pre-injury.

Hope he's an exception.

Absolutely gutting. 

40 minutes ago, LauraH said:

His right knee again. I always thought if you had an ACL once then the knee was meant to be stronger and very unlikely to sustain one again but obviously not :(

Yep, nothing to do with it. Actually second time is worse as the replacing tissue will be taken from thigh, which will be stiff and painful for a long, long time. But it has nothing to with new one being stronger, which is a shame.

From a Cincinnati study. Didn't realise repeats were so common: 1/3!

"Of them, 29.5% of the athletes suffered a second ACL injury within 24 months of resuming regular activities, including 20.5% sustaining an injury on the opposite leg and 9% tearing the same leg."

Archived