DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

That agent dave linked Wolves with Crouch, Nugent and a second bid for Martin all within 3 days. All said Wolves were buying that guy from Benfica then Liverpool were buying him then Liverpool were buying him and loaning to Wolves then Wolves were buying him, all within 3 hours :lol:

Scatter gun approach. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rynny said:

That agent dave linked Wolves with Crouch, Nugent and a second bid for Martin all within 3 days. All said Wolves were buying that guy from Benfica then Liverpool were buying him then Liverpool were buying him and loaning to Wolves then Wolves were buying him, all within 3 hours :lol:

Awkward stuff from 'Agent Dave' ????

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

No bloody thanks.

'Buy Before We Try' has landed us with enough duds recently, I'd happily go back to having 2-3 six month / season loans in our squad who we're not obliged to keep, even if it does risk the situation we faced with Jordan Ibe.

That said, we didn't have the common sense to send Bent & Ince back whence they came, so we're probably doomed to waste our time and money either way.

<sigh> You'd have to be a bit stupid if you didn't sign either off the back of their loan spells.

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

DeAndre Yedlin , meanwhile, is understood to be the subject of £3.5 million bids from both Hull City and Derby County.

The Tottenham defender spent last season on loan at Sunderland, who have been linked with a permanent move for the player all summer.

In the Newcastle Chronicle. 

@Animal is a Ram was half expecting it to say he was linked with a move to newcastle too

28 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Yep, don't understand the need for another right back, Christie is a fantastic prospect and only 23, is it because we didn't spend £10m for his services?

No, it's because he looks fantastic defensively when he shouldn't (clearing shots of the line etc), poor when he should look good (seeing his man into touch, staying with runs, preventing crosses etc), and class in the build up (until he has to pass or cross, great technique if football was a solo game, mind).

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well, unless Christie sorts his **** out we definitely need someone in. PNE had free reign down our right side. 

Christie imo was our best player on Saturday, and for me has been the most consistent performer this season...although that's not saying much.  I didn't go today so can't judge his performance as I didn't see it, or who he was up against, however I do worry for him now that it's been rumoured that we are after another RB.  

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well, unless Christie sorts his **** out we definitely need someone in. PNE had free reign down our right side. 

A bit harsh. When Ince plays in front of him he has absolutely no protection. He is a decent player. Why do we love a scale goat so much? If any potential signing looked on here we'd never sign anyone. 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

A bit harsh. When Ince plays in front of him he has absolutely no protection. He is a decent player. Why do we love a scale goat so much? If any potential signing looked on here we'd never sign anyone. 

Goat crossed with snake? 

52 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I'm not scapegoating. I'm not saying we won in spite of him. I'm saying he needs to turn his form around or Pearson's going to replace him because he has shown very little sign of life to Pearson.

He was woeful tonight. Not "I hate that player" woeful, actually woeful. 

We do need another decent right back in the squad.

If Christie goes down, the cover is Baird.

I'm not saying Christie is in urgent need of replacing, but he is capable of very poor form, confidence and bowel loosening defending. 

If we can get a decent right back (as good as or upgrade on Christie) for sensible price, do it. It's the only position where I'd say we don't have enough and need someone.

8 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Ince made the second most tackles & Interceptions last night m, behind Christie. 

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not scapegoating. I'm not saying we won in spite of him. I'm saying he needs to turn his form around or Pearson's going to replace him because he has shown very little sign of life to Pearson.

He was woeful tonight. Not "I hate that player" woeful, actually woeful. 

Someone I know, said he was indifferent last night but not woeful. I also thought he performed ok at Barnsley? 

Maybe we have had different views to yours at the grounds as being behind the goal does not always give you the best view ?

Archived