Bradley Johnson

TETRA

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Yes it is.

Before Alex neil ever arrived he was good at norwhich and good at leeds before that.

The rams fans sounding him out is outrageous iof you ask me.

the last full game he had when fit before last saturday he scored 2 goals and was decent.

I dont understand why fans sound him out for abuse and Ince gets away scot free, when Ince has been just as consistant in his performances here.

Ince gets plenty of abuse cus he doesn't smile a lot remember?  Rams fans don't need much of an excuse to hate a player nowadays...

The thing is, if Big Nige sticks with 4-4-1-1 you need quick wingers who can cross and get ahead of the ball.  BJ isn't very quick and prefers to arrive in the box for his goals.  So if he can't play wide, he's got Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Butterfield & Thorne in his way in the centre.  Bar an almighty injury crisis will he play that often, especially when he's out of form???

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradley Johnson is a top player for any Championship club. Sure he's struggled for the past six or seven months but soddin' hell he's had three manager's since signing less than a year ago. He's either got something personal going on or just is struggling to adapt with the countless changes behind the scenes.

How can you blame the recruitment? Or the player himself? When went from August till  mid November undefeated with Johnson starting and playing a key role in the middle.

I can't believe most people want to ditch him already due to lack of confidence , lunatics

20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Bradley Johnson is a top player for any Championship club. Sure he's struggled for the past six or seven months but soddin' hell he's had three manager's since signing less than a year ago. He's either got something personal going on or just is struggling to adapt with the countless changes behind the scenes.

How can you blame the recruitment? Or the player himself? When went from August till  mid November undefeated with Johnson starting and playing a key role in the middle.

I can't believe most people want to ditch him already due to lack of confidence , lunatics

Does the blog the Norwich fan wrote about him not validate our opinions of him? 

Don't get it personally, he had a bad game on Saturday and has been poor for a while now. 

Why are some sections of our fans getting on his case? Hes not playing rubbish on purpose, the Manager, Captain and coaching staff at the club should be trying to find out why he's had such a prolonged slump in form. 

He is a bloody good player, we know this!

There has to be a bigger issue here somewhere and considering we are supposed to be in it together why the fluk did he get that response he did on Saturday!!

His head is down his character is getting assassinated on a weekly basis by those who should support him (by that I mean all of us).

Im not saying he is, but if someone is depressed do you support them the best you can or do you abuse them the way in which he was cheered/jeered off the pitch on Saturday. 

I was ashamed on Saturday, I won't boo or jeer the team when they are crap and I certainly won't single out an individual wearing my teams famous black and white strip. 

This can't carry on if we want to achieve something together as a club. Whilst he is in our colours he is one of us and we should all support him.

It's all too easy to be negative from the stands.   

BOO right back at ya, to all the BOOERS from Saturday. :whistle:

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don't get it personally, he had a bad game on Saturday and has been poor for a while now. 

Why are some sections of our fans getting on his case? Hes not playing rubbish on purpose, the Manager, Captain and coaching staff at the club should be trying to find out why he's had such a prolonged slump in form. 

He is a bloody good player, we know this!

There has to be a bigger issue here somewhere and considering we are supposed to be in it together why the fluk did he get that response he did on Saturday!!

His head is down his character is getting assassinated on a weekly basis by those who should support him (by that I mean all of us).

Im not saying he is, but if someone is depressed do you support them the best you can or do you abuse them the way in which he was cheered/jeered off the pitch on Saturday. 

I was ashamed on Saturday, I won't boo or jeer the team when they are crap and I certainly won't single out an individual wearing my teams famous black and white strip. 

This can't carry on if we want to achieve something together as a club. Whilst he is in our colours he is one of us and we should all support him.

It's all too easy to be negative from the stands.   

BOO right back at ya, to all the BOOERS from Saturday. :whistle:

You tell em. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I know when there's a Rant forming I struggle to step off the Rant & then find I've Ranted some more.

Can you tell that's been bugging me since Saturday?

And me, I was appalled by the behaviour. May well be the same people who thought it was OK to pick on the ginger/overweight/kid with glasses when at school etc etc.

Norwich fan here. 

Really surprised that BJ hasn't worked out for you lot.

The blog post from the Norwich fan was correct, had an obvious lack of finesse which made him stand out a bit in a team full of proper ballers but we do have an unusually high level of technical ability in our midfield for a yo-yo team (I know that sounds a bit arrogant, but we just do). 

I suppose Derby are kinda of the same ilk. a passing team with Hughes and co, so there you go, I'll big you up too. 

And many Norwich fans weren't sad to see him go due to his sloppy passing at Premier League level, gave the ball away a lot in a league where you can't afford to do that, especially if you are basically a passing team like us instead of a team which gets 11 men behind the ball like a Pulis or Allardyce team.

He is no Howson, or Hoolahan.

But, many Norwich fans also thought it was a mistake to let him go because of his pure grit and determination and ability to stand toe to toe against any enforcer in teams which rely on one (your Barton's or your Whelan's) and obviously his goal threat, didn't let his head drop much so could really have done with him at times last season bellowing at his team mates and trying to spark some life into us. 

But he had an amazing season under Alex Neil before moving to you lot. Alex Neil didn't play him deep where he could be a liability in possession in the league above but pushed him right forward and used him as a constant goal threat. 

The best way I could describe it is like pretty much using him as our Frank Lampard, as in the team were frequently actively seeking the pass to Johnson just outside the box so he could smash one in from 30 yards. His 15 goals weren't a fluke, he was basically an intentional goal machine. He played wide left, but would constantly drift inside in a team which was pretty fluid. 

I can't think what has gone wrong really, perhaps other than that he hasn't been able to establish enough respect in the dressing room to become your teams Alpha male and so isn't as influential in a leadership role, and your system by design doesn't play enough to his goalscoring abilities? Then again your entire team seemed to struggle to click last season quite as well as it did the year before, even Chris Martin scored less, it isn't Tom Ince being a ball hogger is it?

Just sounds like it didn't quite click for him and he's lost a bit of confidence, and the Leeds move sounds like he wants to seek the sanctity of somewhere the fans already respect him to give him a bit of a boost and a head start?

Just goes to show that when you pay a premium for a player who you think is a really safe bet it isn't always a guarantee of success and that sometimes things just don't click.... 

Can't say I'd have him back at Norwich now. I didn't want to lose him previously but he isn't now going to get regular football in a squad which has Howson, Hoolahan, Dorrans, Naismith, Jarvis, Brady, Canos, Mulumbu, Pritchard, Tettey, and Maddison :o Its our strongest area of the pitch. 

Still feels a bit too good for a basketcase bottom half club like Leeds though. He must surely have had a confidence knock and be seeking somewhere to enjoy football again, some sort of soul searching, would surely have been able to squeeze in the QPR squad or some other team with an outside chance of top 6! 

• 1 month later...
Just now, HantsRam said:

Didn't he play the pass that almost put bent through in the first half? Was a pretty good ball.

Yes I think he did and it was the best pass we made all night. If the goalie wasn't playing semi sweeper keeper Bent scores perhaps. Maybe Pearson will give him a run in the side. 

12 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes I think he did and it was the best pass we made all night. If the goalie wasn't playing semi sweeper keeper Bent scores perhaps. Maybe Pearson will give him a run in the side. 

Unfortunately he also split our own defence a couple of times with back passes but I've decided that I should be glass half full.

He got a couple of hefty challenges in. Bloke behind me kept exhorting him to "rattle his ankles bradders!" so maybe pearson is trying to coach him into the dm role in the midfield 2.

Archived