Bradley Johnson

TETRA

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, mickram said:

Was alarmed at the reaction to his substitution yesterday but simple facts of the matter are Johnson was a disgrace and blew his chance.

Needs to be moved on at the earliest opportunity. 

thats a bit harsh, he was poor but not for a minute did he set out intending to play that way. the only disgrace were the so called fans who cheered.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

That is a very good point. I don't want to have a go at Chris Baird who was standing in for Fozzie .. But he looked totally  lost whenever he moved forward of the 18 yard box. .. Johnson was getting nothing to use 

To be fair to Baird, I honestly think at his age and with his mobility his best position is CB. At chesterfield apart from one moment of stupidity he looked very comfortable and solid there. Especially yesterday at LB he looked so uncomfortable because he has no left foot and no pace. Johnson also looks a bit on the heavy side (muscle wise) and it makes him so slow. So we never had any pace whatsoever down that left hand side. If Forsyth had been over lapping I think we'd honestly have done much better over the 90 mins as a team. He really does give us another outlet. Yes his crosses aren't always perfect but when he gets them right they can really make the difference. 

I can't imagine we will see a Johnson and Baird partnership again.

6 minutes ago, jono said:

That is a very good point. I don't want to have a go at Chris Baird who was standing in for Fozzie .. But he looked totally  lost whenever he moved forward of the 18 yard box. .. Johnson was getting nothing to use 

terrible playing baird there, would have took the big gamble and played max Lowe, all we hear is praise about him. We will not know how good he is until he is chucked in at the deep end and yesterday was the perfect opportunity 

Until the fan's fully support the team through the whole season and not just when thing's are going well the season's will keep ending in disappointment.. it is the same in any job,if you feel appreciated you make more of an effort  and it has nothing to do with the money  you are getting.I am sure the player's are trying as they do not want to spend most of their football career's  sat on the bench or keep being sold on .

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Really? Is that how you blood players? Sorry but that's exactly what you don't do.

Baird was ok.

I am not sure I agree .. NP had 2 options .. Play it safe with an experienced player or take a calculated risk with an up and coming. .. He chose the first and Baird did do ok but not much more than that and if it hadn't been first game of the season I'd like to think NP might have given Lowe a chance. There is never a perfect moment to blood a youngster. We aren't a PL team playing in Europe who can comfortably use league cup games as a second class proving ground. .. Ok we do but they still need first team league action at some point. 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I am not sure I agree .. NP had 2 options .. Play it safe with an experienced player or take a calculated risk with an up and coming. .. He chose the first and Baird did do ok but not much more than that and if it hadn't been first game of the season I'd like to think NP might have given Lowe a chance. There is never a perfect moment to blood a youngster. We aren't a PL team playing in Europe who can comfortably use league cup games as a second class proving ground. .. Ok we do but they still need first team league action at some point. 

I'd have perhaps tried Christie at left back and Baird at RB

1 hour ago, harryram said:

terrible playing baird there, would have took the big gamble and played max Lowe, all we hear is praise about him. We will not know how good he is until he is chucked in at the deep end and yesterday was the perfect opportunity 

Maybe Pearson thought the last thing a young fullback needs is to be playing against one of the most creative wingers in the league.

dont forget Pearson knows all about knokart from Leicester.

i honestly believe  if he played Lowe it would have gone two ways. He either would have been brilliant and played superbly, or he would have got roasted all game like Christie had from martial in the cup game v Utd.

baird is not going to give you anything going forward, he isn't a left back and is in the winter of his career. Pearson probably thought his experience would be a benefit and he wouldn't get torn to shreds. A clean sheet seems to back his judgement.

3 hours ago, Ramos said:

To be fair to Baird, I honestly think at his age and with his mobility his best position is CB. At chesterfield apart from one moment of stupidity he looked very comfortable and solid there. Especially yesterday at LB he looked so uncomfortable because he has no left foot and no pace. Johnson also looks a bit on the heavy side (muscle wise) and it makes him so slow. So we never had any pace whatsoever down that left hand side. If Forsyth had been over lapping I think we'd honestly have done much better over the 90 mins as a team. He really does give us another outlet. Yes his crosses aren't always perfect but when he gets them right they can really make the difference. 

I can't imagine we will see a Johnson and Baird partnership again.

Quite fine margins at this level and I have been waiting for someone to say this. Most of Johnson's best games for Derby last season were before Fozzy was injured. 

If Fozzy's partner had hung on a few hours then Johnson would probably have had a better game, Ince and Bent would have had better service and we may well have won.

Hard one for Pearson to call as he will have tried this team Friday when he knew Weimann was out only for Fozzy then to pull out presumably on Saturday morning. 

Still think Baird was the right call given his experience but it took away one of our main attacking options.

3 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Really? Is that how you blood players? Sorry but that's exactly what you don't do.

Baird was ok.

yes your right lets just keep them on the bench and hope they get better watching, pretty sure united chuck there youngsters in but no you know better than there set up

1 minute ago, harryram said:

yes your right lets just keep them on the bench and hope they get better watching, pretty sure united chuck there youngsters in but no you know better than there set up

Well the manager didn't think it was a good idea - take it up with him...

(And leave me alone.)

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Baird is to slow now and hold everything up for to long.

Hallelujah!!

I would agree that Baird is too slow, defensive and right footed to be playing as an attacking LB. I think it's harsh to expect that of him. I expect he did exactly what was expected of him by NP yesterday.

(I'm not suggesting he would be my first choice LB or anything)

3 hours ago, KBB said:

Maybe Pearson thought the last thing a young fullback needs is to be playing against one of the most creative wingers in the league.

dont forget Pearson knows all about knokart from Leicester.

i honestly believe  if he played Lowe it would have gone two ways. He either would have been brilliant and played superbly, or he would have got roasted all game like Christie had from martial in the cup game v Utd.

baird is not going to give you anything going forward, he isn't a left back and is in the winter of his career. Pearson probably thought his experience would be a benefit and he wouldn't get torn to shreds. A clean sheet seems to back his judgement.

That was my conclusion too. My love of flair and a risk is easy to excercise from the sidelines as a fan but NP knows his job. IF Lowe got fried by Knockheart what would that do to his confidence and Knockheart was really up for it yesterday. 

Regretfully I concede that the boss probably got that one right 

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

If Forsyth isn't available then Tuesday would be a more suitable time to see what Lowe is made of.

KKB is right - to blood him against Knockart/Brighton/first game of the season would have been unfair on him imo.

Should be available, its not like hes the one who was in labour.

Archived