Bradley Johnson

TETRA

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cannable said:

He's a physical beast who's uncomfortable on the ball. It's not his fault, nor is it his fault that he's our record signing. He is what he is. Accept him. Support him.

The problem at the minute is that his physicality is actually pretty non existent. He needs confidence and so as you say, he needs supporting, but there's no chance that happens with our fans. Dropping him won't help either so it's a bit of a vicious circle.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

The problem at the minute is that his physicality is actually pretty non existent. He needs confidence and so as you say, he needs supporting, but there's no chance that happens with our fans. Dropping him won't help either so it's a bit of a vicious circle.

He's at his best in a team that;

perpetually has it's backs against the wall and he can just press and tackle 

dominates the ball and can carry him, allowing him to get on the end of things

he'd be perfect for Burnley, but instead they want Jeff!

5 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

A section of our fans deserve absolutely f*** all imo, we've got the worst fans when it comes to supporting imo, Pearson will blow a gasket with some of our lot I'm telling you. Leicester are nowhere near as bad when it comes to jeering and what not and he blew his top with some of them, and I wouldn't blame him with some of our lot.

Jeering players, booing players, getting restless after 20 minutes because we're not 4-0 up and on cruise control, its really stupid if you ask me.

100% agree. Great post.

2 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Calling a sizeable portion of our fanbase scum. Low brow mate. Johnson is on big money, sorry if we expect performances better than today and the abject shower of **** in the Hull leg from our record signing. 

That's not how football works. He is what he is. 

17 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I never boo, but I did a little cheer when his number went up, does that make me scum?

Cheering the substitution? Fine. He was poor and Hughes should have started. But to jeer Johnson off of the pitch?

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Cheering the substitution? Fine. He was poor and Hughes should have started. But to jeer Johnson off of the pitch?

I cheered that it was him and not another player, a jeer it was not! I really hope Burnley come and sign him from us, for he his dilge. Women's hockey at the olympics is great btw.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

It's not the first time he's been seen to be 'poor' though is it? Nor the 2nd or 3rd tbh! If this was meant to be a new start then it must have been a disappointment all round. I can understand why fans might have booed. And as for Brad, he takes the coin and doesn't come up with a display well NP wasn't impressed either as he subbed him!

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, cannable said:

you are right, anyone who did should be ashamed, we are 'supporters' or supposed to be. He had a poor game but i want him to be good like we know he can be.

Poor reaction from fans to the substitution. It sounded like a significant proportion who cheered the substitution. However he is quickly becoming one of the worst signings in our recent history. Not his fault, he tries, Just don't see what he brings to the team or where he can be effective. How he's had the career he's had with such a total lack of skill is beyond me. A sledgehammer left foot and being good in the air is about all he's got. 

As for fans sense of entitlement, we've done sod all for 15+ Years and it don't what people expect on first day of the season.

All the stick Johnson got yesterday seems a bit unfair really . He's not a left winger he looked so uncomfortable out there . With this new system, to me , he seems the most obvious choice as a box to box midfielder, anybody played out of position is not going to have a good game , especially with the lack of support for him . 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

All the stick Johnson got yesterday seems a bit unfair really . He's not a left winger he looked so uncomfortable out there . With this new system, to me , he seems the most obvious choice as a box to box midfielder, anybody played out of position is not going to have a good game , especially with the lack of support for him . 

But we didn't play any box to box midfielders. Both hendrick and Bryson sat in front of the back 4, with Bryson almost playing as a third centre half.  We've gone from not playing 433 because it doesn't work without Thorne, who's always injured, to playing a formation that needs 2 George thornes.

15 hours ago, McLovin said:

It's also not his fault that his teammates only pass long balls to him

Perhaps after the first 5 attempts of passing it into his feet only to see him miscontrol it / control it but play a dogshit pass / control it but fail to spot any teammates around him, dither on it, get crowded out and lose the ball leading to an opposition breakaway then the rest of them decide that it isn't worth the risk?

16 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

No one really played well, he was as bad as others, and unfortunately having Barid behind him didn't help his performance, as he didn't really get down the wing to support him. 

That is a very good point. I don't want to have a go at Chris Baird who was standing in for Fozzie .. But he looked totally  lost whenever he moved forward of the 18 yard box. .. Johnson was getting nothing to use 

Archived