Bradley Johnson

TETRA

Sith Happens
Just now, philmycock said:

Proud isn't the word, relieved would be a better word, relieved that Hughes finally replaced the most overpriced player we've ever bought, when we all know he should have started. That ok Paul?

Being happy Hughes was coming on is one thing, cheering when Johnson's name was announced is in my opinion not OK. But there was you and many others who thought it was OK, its just my opinion it was wrong...you are entitled to your opinion, as am I...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I never booed him, but I heartily cheered his substitution, and it was the loudest cheer of the afternoon. Hurrah!

It wasn't aimed personally at you - it's a general point, but if the cap fits, you are welcome to wear it. Perhaps it's just the way of the world nowadays, and that people feel that because the side aren't as successful as they would like them to be, then somebody has to be blamed.

It's clear that you, @MuespachRam and @Bris Vegas cannot stand the player, and probably do not rate him at all. Does that mean that you actually consider yourself to be a better judge of a player than all of Simon Grayson, Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton, as well as Nigel Pearson?

Perhaps for Brad Johnson at Derby it's just a case of him being at the wrong club at the wrong time - a bit like Chris Martin was when he was at Norwich.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

It wasn't aimed personally at you - it's a general point, but if the cap fits, you are welcome to wear it. Perhaps it's just the way of the world nowadays, and that people feel that because the side aren't as successful as they would like them to be, then somebody has to be blamed.

It's clear that you, @MuespachRam and @Bris Vegas cannot stand the player, and probably do not rate him at all. Does that mean that you actually consider yourself to be a better judge of a player than all of Simon Grayson, Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton, as well as Nigel Pearson?

Perhaps for Brad Johnson at Derby it's just a case of him being at the wrong club at the wrong time - a bit like Chris Martin was when he was at Norwich.

Where have I said that I can't stand the player? 

I think he has qualities, but i also think he's our sixth best central midfielder and in that case shouldn't be anywhere near the first-team eleven unless in the event of injuries and suspensions.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

That's exactly it, in my opinion. Didn't fit in Clement's team and doesn't seem to fit in Pearson's (especially on the left). Real shame.

No matter how poorly someone is playing though, I don't think I could ever bring myself to boo or jeer as they're substituted. As long as they're wearing a Derby shirt, they're Derby. 

1 minute ago, eddie said:

True, can't argue with that, maybe there's a good player in there, if played the correct way, but he's been here a year and I've struggled to see how he ever commanded such a fee, imagine who we could have bought and given £30k a week to instead of him, frightening 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where have I said that I can't stand the player? 

I think he has qualities, but i also think he's our sixth best central midfielder and in that case shouldn't be anywhere near the first-team eleven unless in the event of injuries and suspensions.

Just the way you normally come across, Bris.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

I defiantly never said I cant stand him, I think he isn't a very good football player, but he isn't even in the top 100 players on my "i cant stand him" list....as I said, he is just a poor mans Savage.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I defiantly never said I cant stand him, I think he isn't a very good football player, but he isn't even in the top 100 players on my "i cant stand him" list....as I said, he is just a poor mans Savage.

I rate them equally, Nick Pickering was worserer

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

without doubt....and so was Steve Cross.

After Steve Cross retired he worked for the Post Office and played friendlies for their team. The team I played for had a game against them 10+ years ago and he must have been over 45 but he absolutely ran the whole game, totally untouchable, just shows the gulf between fat Sunday footballers and ex-pro's!

I remember shouting ' get him off the pitch, it's only Steve Cross.  Poor lad had been moved from defence to the left? wing and had broken his leg  ! That position was jinxed hence the fact he was asked to play  there ........... .  A willing utility player. Every squad needs one.  Thanks Steve.

We only knew of Johnson's availability the night before we signed him. I believe Mel Morris has stated that we signed him because the opportunity arose. He wasn't even in Derby until 3 in the afternoon on the day we signed him, 3 hours before the window shut. 

At what point was his role in the team discussed? Did we even know where he was going to fit? You only needed to have watched him once to see that he's uncomfortable on the ball and yet we wanted him in OUR midfield?

Good player, totally didn't fit. However, I have a feeling that he fits better into Pearson's philosophy than most of our other midfielders. 

2 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Play him in the middle please. He's not suited to the left hand side.. I cringed when a lot in the east stand and south stand booed etc..

He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch! 

Who was a worse player than him? the mascot? 

9 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

They was all about as average as each other. Which kind of contradicts my previous statement. You get my point though.

No. Not really. IMO and everyone else I spoke to after the game he was the worst player by far despite the fierce competition. 

Bradley Johnson passing stats against Brighton:

19 passes attempted.

7 passes completed (6 of which went backwards, the other 1 went sideways)

12 went to the opposition.

He was almost twice as likely to pass the ball to the other team as he was to his own, and didn't complete a single forward pass in 60 minutes of play.  I feel pretty sorry for him, as he's clearly just not the right type of player for us, but we can't have someone in the team that's putting in that kind of display.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Bradley Johnson passing stats against Brighton:

19 passes attempted.

7 passes completed (6 of which went backwards, the other 1 went sideways)

12 went to the opposition.

He was almost twice as likely to pass the ball to the other team as he was to his own, and didn't complete a single forward pass in 60 minutes of play.  I feel pretty sorry for him, as he's clearly just not the right type of player for us, but we can't have someone in the team that's putting in that kind of display.

Looking at those stats, it's difficult to think of any football team where he would be the right type of player. Has he tried rugby?

Archived