Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

46 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

joking aside, did you think, or do you think looking back, that he had the players to do any better?

What bemused me most was Jewell discarding the key players who actually got us into the Premier League. The likes of Oakley, Howard and David Jones were our core players,

Yet he fobbed them off in that January and replaced them with rubbish.

He was tactically all over the place too. There are no excuses. He should have at least made us hard to beat, bought sensibly in that January and picked up a couple of wins for the rest of the season.

He couldn't have done a worse job had he tried.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Dirty Leeds v Brighton. 

Behind away dug out there are seats. The plastic glass is minging and there's a fan sat there. How the hell can he see ANYTHING whatsoever. That's the worst seat I think I've ever seen in football 

Not a pop at the bloke but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how Dele Alli is allowed to have his Christian name on the back of his shirt ?

I first noticed it when he was playing for Spurs and he's got it again tonight so The FA are obviously alright with it.

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not a pop at the bloke but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how Dele Alli is allowed to have his Christian name on the back of his shirt ?

I first noticed it when he was playing for Spurs and he's got it again tonight so The FA are obviously alright with it.

Something to do with not liking his father I think I read.

Thought England played quite well.

Everyone saying it's a weakened German side. So was England (admittedly not to the same extent).

3-4-3 looked pretty good with Lallana and Alli linking up well. Not sure we've quite got the midfield 2 for it to work against the best sides.

Superb strike from Podolski.

45 minutes ago, philmycock said:

The England fans are irritating the hell out of me, boring repetitive chant sounds like a FIFA game

I thought our lads did very well on and off the pitch, and Ali in a Spurs shirt would of buried his one on one with the keeper.

Same goes for Cahill, turning out the way of Germany's goal, probably would have faced up to it in a Chelsea shirt.

I enjoyed watching England play, and it's been many years since I could admit that.

Much better performance from England tonight, I'm a massive fan of the 343 and was delighted to see it in action tonight. Made Germany, who were weakened, look poor at times, just need to add that finishing touch. And all tha with aquite a few players missing, including our only world class player in Kane who would have made a big difference tonight, so all in all promising stuff.

In all seriousness there were several positives in the game,  plus a couple of negatives for me.

Keane made a very impressive debut and I was impressed that Gareth Southgate gave a number of his successful u 21s a promotion to the senior team. The England Way? 

A few players still don't look of the requisite standard. Livermore and Bertrand less impressive and vardy is just the new millenial Tony Daley after doing a few neat early flicks. We also lost the press when we made the changes and went back to jogging around slowly 10 yards behind the ball.

But we were here a year ago in Berlin. So the main challenge as yet unanswered is to take the style into a competitive tournament rather than falling back to 442 or 4231 and bringing back rooney. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Ireland v Wales is live on S4C with Welsh commentary.

Keogh and Hendrick are playing, Pearce and Cyrus are subs.

nil nil 25 in, Wales the better team in attack and defence but not to many chances.

I looked for this but on my sky tv guide said this channel was showing iwerddon v cymru so I didn't bother and gave up :lol:

Archived