Your first Derby game?

MK

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Norwich at home on a boxing day, I think it was 1987. Norwich had a lot of quality in that team, think Dale Gordon, Robert Fleck, Ruel Fox, maybe even Steve Bruce and Mike Phelan, and possibly Cascarino, but I may be imagining that!

iirc that was the game when the Popside were giving Fleck stick, chanting "You Fat B****d" at him. He stopped pulled up his shirt and rubbed his belly, after which the Popside applauded him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember my first,but went to see us play Lincoln "Imps". when would that have been?

The one that really sticks in my mind was going to Anfield and standing with my brother on the kop right up against the front wall. At some point in the game a big scouser grabbed my shoulder and pulled me out of the way, then urinated leaving a  big puddle and then pushed me back into it.  Happy days !!

1 - 1 Reading (eventual champions H) (1985)

Davison rescued a goal for us in the last 5 mins i think from a micklewhite cross.

My first three matches all ended 1-1.

Then the next season we lost 1-0 at home opening day, but then didnt lose another home match all season on our way to the 2nd division title.

My first ever match was August 1979 , I was 8 years old and it was against Everton, and we lost 1-0 , Andy King scoring a cracker of a goal, was hooked on Derby there after, thanks to my Grandad for taking me to the game, although that season we got relegated to.the old Division 2 , the high light that season was beating Forest 4-1, and that great commentator Graham Richards going crazy on the radio, in the car on the way back from the match. Next season I got my first season ticket.

Newcastle Utd night match at the BBG. I was 12 or 13 at the time. He hated football so he only took me the once after that i had to go on my own.I cant remember whether it was 1971 or 72 either way we lost 1-0

Last game of the 1961-62 season at the BBG.

Derby County 2 - Brighton 0.  (is this an omen for next Saturday?)

Sat in C stand with my dad. Brighton had already been relegated and Dad thought it was a safe match for me to go to.

However, I had been going to Saturday reserve games for a number of years. They kicked off at 3 o' clock in those days in the old Central League.  Great memories of the man operating the scoreboard keeping us up to days with the first team score, where ever they were playing.  Used to stand with Dad on the Ossie terracing at those games...

Bill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961–62_Football_League

1974 Derby 1 - 1 Birmingham. All i remember is standing behind the goal in the normanton end and Archie Gemmill running with the ball and then passed sideways to Jeff Bourne who scored from around 10 yards out.

Also used to go to the reserve games on saturdays standing on the ossie end terrace. Great memories of the BBG.

The Rams v Leeds 1979 - just before my 7th birthday. We lost, I cried. There was a big scuffle after the match, my Pa wouldn't take me back for a year, he thought it was too dangerous. Then when I was 8, was clearly old enough to look after myself and didn't miss a game :D

30 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Derby County 3 Leeds Utd 3 22nd January 1983 

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-leeds-united-22-january-1983-120562/

Second game?....Yes you guessed it Derby County 2 Chelsea 1 FA Cup 29th January 1983.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-chelsea-29-january-1983-215105/

I was in the ossie end for the Leeds game until we had had enough of the seats coming down on us and decided to join them in the middle tier.

it was against Barrow in Furnace on jan 12 1957 3rd div north,I had to google the date. But I know it was that game because of the left winger Allan Crowshaw and the wonderful Martin Mcddonell a centre half in the Jake buxton mould.The score was 3-3

As far as I can remember my first visit to the BBG was about 1949/50.  The strongest memory I have is standing on the Popside with my feet in a drain hole so that I could seethe game; with The great Jackie Stamp with his trunk like thighs kicking the very heavy leather ball towards the goal.

I also think that Raich Carter was also plaing but ma be a pipe dream.

6 hours ago, Brighton Ram said:

Spurs away on Wednesday 21st August 1996 under the lights - Christian Dailly equalised on the 90th minute for 1-1 and it was the most exciting thing I'd ever seen.

Especially after Jacob Laursen (I think) had hit the post 2 minutes earlier!

Cup final '46. Bagged 3 pokeman near the Vodafone tent too. I'd been a Japanese POW since early 40s and only arrived back the morning of the game. Didn't have a ticket but bagged one of ebay. Would have won the dcfcfans prediction league too, but signal dropped out when submitting score 

Archived