Will Derby fans ever agree on anything so is the Managers job a hopeless task

Curtains

3 minutes ago, David said:

Fan pressure?

Part of the job, fans want to win, fans want to see success. If a manager can't deal with fan pressure he should never have gone into football management. It's like opening a chip shop when you can't handle potatoes.

But is it as you can learn how to handle potatoes. 

Does that analogy really stand up. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

But is it as you can learn how to handle potatoes. 

And a manager learns to handle fan pressure. 

Don't put too much weight on the effects forums have on managers. I doubt Pearson has ever been on this forum.

2 minutes ago, David said:

And a manager learns to handle fan pressure. 

Don't put too much weight on the effects forums have on managers. I doubt Pearson has ever been on this forum.

Yes I do think at times I get deluded by the thought that players and managers and chairman etc read this forum and in reality they don't. 

But I'm sure some do surely. 

Why wouldn't they ! 

The title of this is interesting, 'Will Derby fans ever agree on anything so is the Managers job a hopeless task?'

Surely you could say this about any job, as people won't always agree the best way to do something however, this does not make a task hopeless as most people are wrong about things, especially Derby fans commenting from the outside!

Pearson will be fine, may take a couple of months to properly implement his system and player faith, but I have a good feeling, Hendrick or no Hendrick.

47 minutes ago, curtains said:

Let's hope Pearson is his own man. 

Clement tried to be but got bogged down. 

Fans opinion does sway managers .  

So does player power. 

Any manager who's opinion gets swayed by the comments of fans shouldn't be in the job, end of!!!

Somehow I doubt that if Big Nige read this forum, he'd give a rat's ass about what any of us said.  Same goes for Clement as he was stubborn to a fault and lost his job because of it...

There is only one circumstance in which every club's fan is united in opinion of a manager and all of his decisions: when they're absolutely ******* terrible. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There is only one circumstance in which every club's fan is united in opinion of a manager and all of his decisions: when they're absolutely ******* terrible. 

Like Nigel Clough? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Nigel split opinion all right.

There were those who wanted him ritually executed. 

And those who were prepared to accept transportation to the colonies. 

And those who were just bored out of their minds with his tenure. 

So people have different boredom thresholds and also different points at which they declare 'enough is enough' 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

If anyone even suggests Martin being transferred.

That sort of outrage. 

It's hardly outrage, but pointless saying you would transfer him out with his goal scoring record unless you say who you could realistically replace him with. 

Archived