Will Derby fans ever agree on anything so is the Managers job a hopeless task

Curtains

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course. 

He knows what he's trying to do - note he said "get the performance " first with a consequential "to try to get the 3 points".

He's the manager so the fact that I have no idea what he's going to do or even what I think would be best for him to do is neither here nor there.

I'm just pleased he seems so clear in his thinking. Imagine if he'd said something like " well, each group of players have given me something to think about. I'd like to try a few more combinations before we start the season. Our pre season games have been very useful for me to try out a few of my ideas to see if they might work for us and we'll continue to adapt and adjust as we enter the season."

That might be factually correct but it doesn't inspire any confidence! 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Of course. 

He knows what he's trying to do - note he said "get the performance " first with a consequential "to try to get the 3 points".

He's the manager so the fact that I have no idea what he's going to do or even what I think would be best for him to do is neither here nor there.

I'm just pleased he seems so clear in his thinking. Imagine if he'd said something like " well, each group of players have given me something to think about. I'd like to try a few more combinations before we start the season. Our pre season games have been very useful for me to try out a few of my ideas to see if they might work for us and we'll continue to adapt and adjust as we enter the season."

I like the bit where he says it would be wrong for the players to make assumptions. 

Every manager will have different opinions on players, tactics and which formations are best suited.

As fans not agreeing with every call a manager makes doesn't mean you don't back him, want him out. 

As fans not agreeing with each other on the usefulness of Hendrick, Keogh, Martin etc. is also totally normal.

The day every manager and fans agree will be the day football is finished. 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Of course. 

Do Everton fans for instance get as upset about getting 50 Million for Stones an ex Barnsley player going to Man City ! As we do about Jeff Hendrick for instance. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

Every manager will have different opinions on players, tactics and which formations are best suited.

As fans not agreeing with every call a manager makes doesn't mean you don't back him, want him out. 

As fans not agreeing with each other on the usefulness of Hendrick, Keogh, Martin etc. is also totally normal.

The day every manager and fans agree will be the day football is finished. 

So your saying all this pressure on the managers is healthy for Football. 

Clement and Wassall had too much pressure  IMO and I hope Pearson can rise above it. 

I understand more why Mel Morris said promotion is not a priority in some ways as he was trying to take the pressure off the manager but even that got taken the wrong way I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

So your saying all this pressure on the managers is healthy for Football. 

Clement and Wassall had too much pressure  IMO and I hope Pearson can rise above it. 

I understand more why Mel Morris said promotion is not a priority in some ways as he was trying to take the pressure off the manager but even that got taken the wrong way I suppose. 

Fan pressure?

Part of the job, fans want to win, fans want to see success. If a manager can't deal with fan pressure he should never have gone into football management. It's like opening a chip shop when you can't handle potatoes.

Archived