Richard Keogh

maydrakin

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Keogh is a joke. 

You've got a wonderful pub in Castleton, why don't you go for a drink and relax instead of taking your frustrations on Keogh?! The Castle it's called isn't it? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

You've got a wonderful pub in Castleton, why don't you go for a drink and relax instead of taking your frustrations on Keogh?! The Castle it's called isn't it? :lol:

Don't tempt him with more alcohol! - some of his posts give a strong indication he's already pi**ed for most of the time!

Sith Happens
21 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Keogh is a joke. 

If he is then what must it mean for the other members of the squad considering he was one of our better players yesterday?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

If he is then what must it mean for the other members of the squad considering he was one of our better players yesterday?

Also considering they played 2 very good strong strikers and we barely gave the back 4 any protection...

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Also considering they played 2 very good strong strikers and we barely gave the back 4 any protection...

With keogh being in his last year of contract a decision needs to be made soon....surely its 1 of 3 scenarios...

1 - we offer him a new deal because we want to keep him and he wants to stay so he signs

2 - we offer a new deal but he rejects, surely this shows he doesnt want to be here so sell and cash in

3 - we dont offer a new deal so we sell and cash in

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With keogh being in his last year of contract a decision needs to be made soon....surely its 1 of 3 scenarios...

1 - we offer him a new deal because we want to keep him and he wants to stay so he signs

2 - we offer a new deal but he rejects, surely this shows he doesnt want to be here so sell and cash in

3 - we dont offer a new deal so we sell and cash in

As I have posted in the Nakhi Wells thread, I can see Nigel replacing a couple of longer serving players to freshen things up and lessen the repeated failure's causing a hangover.

Don't be surprised to see a CB and attacking player come in.

Yesterday was a good performance to show someone as an encapsulation of Richard Keogh's time at Derby.

Generally good play. Two or three outstanding moments dealing well with a situation. One example of an overcommitted lunge for the ball in midfield where he stood zero chance of getting the ball, taking himself out of the game. One example of a hospital pass under no pressure. One example of being put on his backside in a phycial challenge with a an opposition player, leading to a good opportunity for them (they didn't take it/we covered it well).

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yesterday was a good performance to show someone as an encapsulation of Richard Keogh's time at Derby.

Generally good play. Two or three outstanding moments dealing well with a situation. One example of an overcommitted lunge for the ball in midfield where he stood zero chance of getting the ball, taking himself out of the game. One example of a hospital pass under no pressure. One example of being put on his backside in a phycial challenge with a an opposition player, leading to a good opportunity for them (they didn't take it/we covered it well).

To be fair we won't meet many front 2 pairings of that quality and physicality this season if at all.

10 hours ago, Coconut said:

Agree and I can't imagine a rough, tough former centre back like Pearson would have enjoyed watching Keogh being out-muscled.

He's too light for a CH and is too easy to put on his backside.

He has many positive qualities but his physicality isn't one of them.

I know  Shackell and Keogh like to play left and right but it does seem crazy that this often leaves Keogh marking the bigger man.

I would be surprised if we didn't bring in a roughty toughty centre back this month.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree and I can't imagine a rough, tough former centre back like Pearson would have enjoyed watching Keogh being out-muscled.

He's too light for a CH and is too easy to put on his backside.

He has many positive qualities but his physicality isn't one of them.

I know  Shackell and Keogh like to play left and right but it does seem crazy that this often leaves Keogh marking the bigger man.

I would be surprised if we didn't bring in a roughty toughty centre back this month.

Good post AR.

That's why Hanley would have been useful. Although not that skilful ( Huth and Morgan anybody?), he's a bit of a bully too, which is just what we need.

And at only twenty four, he had also been Rovers captain for some time.

We really do need both a dominant CB and a captain.

I reckon NP missed a good catch there, as Hanley is also a similar type of CB to him in his playing days.

So in today's inflated transfer market, I reckon he was well worth the five and a half million quid NUFC paid.

Oh well.......

Archived