Tom Ince

DEL

On 08/04/2017 at 21:13, SaintRam said:

Brum was Tom's 100th league appearance for us.

With 36 goals and 14 assists, he's been involved in a goal every other game. 

Not bad.

Jeeeeeez 

Who's dug this ooooop ?? 

:D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I feel like everyone is being harsh on Mclovin here. Ince has been absolutely fantastic this season and is probably my favourite Derby player aside from George Thorne, but I do feel like it's legitimate criticism to call out his lack of goals against the 'tougher teams'. Yes, he's dug us out of many tight situations this season, but one way in which he can clearly improve upon is by scoring against teams in the top half of the table. Stating where players can improve is not 'scapegoating' or being ungrateful, it's just fans having an opinion on a football forum.

Exactly BR. I don't want us to sell Ince, I don't want us to drop Ince, I want him to stay and improve with us! I'm only suggesting where Ince can improve because I believe he has the talent to and one clear area that stands out to me is his record against the top teams in this league. I want him to go out and dominate every side in this league because I believe he can!As I stated before, before Ince came, it was a long time since we have had a winger that makes me go wow. The last one was Craig Fagan(don't laugh because in hindsight he wasn't that good) and Ince is a much,much better player than he ever was. I love that he has improved his defensive work rate too. Teams in this league can't contain an in form and confident Ince. 

Tom Ince, has for me been excellent this season , and his Derby career so far has been very good indeed, Yes sometimes he will frustrate you, but he will also get you off your seat, love players like Ince there the reason we love football, he can score great goals, he can hit wonder passes, hit great free kicks, for me Ince has been an excellent signing , and can not wait to see him a Derby shirt for years to come, love players who can change a game in a split second , and Mr Ince has this in his locker, just like the tin man had.

POTY by far. By the way the 'Top teams' he hasn't performed against watch the games back. These teams are not stupid, they see him as our main danger.

They stick 2-3 players (Sometimes 4!?!?!?!?) around him or in a position where if he gets the ball they can harass him or close him down effectively. I've pointed this out many of times this season that if Ince is being marked like that or they have prepared for him we need to use other players to exploit this. (Might be why we started to try him in the Middle so he is able to retrieve the ball and be less 'marked')

We haven't done that enough this Season hopefully that changes under Rowett with signs the other winger to Ince might actually cause a threat.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 04:27, G STAR RAM said:

Don't think you're really going against the grain. 

Most of the people who think he is arrogant had probably decided that before he had even kicked a ball for us, based on his father.

Psychologically, he exhibits clear traits of a young man struggling to emerge from the shadow of his father.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

29 games unbeaten when Ince scored. 

19 wins

10 draw

0 defeats

#Incevincible ??

Hashtag credit: @StatsChristian on twitter.

We're also unbeaten when Russell scores, interestingly.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Just a little off topic. I can't remember for the life of me, who won the POTY last year? I know Christie won YPOTY. 

Keogh.

According to East Midlands News tonight, not the usual sports fella or sports lass but the bloke with the glasses that looks like he could sell you a washing machine or two......said "slim hopes of making the play offs were secured with a late late goal by Paul Ince".......Paul Ince?

Tom Ince Potty Time.

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

According to East Midlands News tonight, not the usual sports fella or sports lass but the bloke with the glasses that looks like he could sell you a washing machine or two......said "slim hopes of making the play offs were secured with a late late goal by Paul Ince".......Paul Ince?

Tom Ince Potty Time.

With an assist from Frank Carson...

10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Tom Ince Potty Time.

Last on the list, as well. Seems it isn't only the fragrant Natalie that cant see the far end of Brian Clough Way

On 9 April 2017 at 22:22, McLovin said:

Exactly BR. I don't want us to sell Ince, I don't want us to drop Ince, I want him to stay and improve with us! I'm only suggesting where Ince can improve because I believe he has the talent to and one clear area that stands out to me is his record against the top teams in this league. I want him to go out and dominate every side in this league because I believe he can!As I stated before, before Ince came, it was a long time since we have had a winger that makes me go wow. The last one was Craig Fagan(don't laugh because in hindsight he wasn't that good) and Ince is a much,much better player than he ever was. I love that he has improved his defensive work rate too. Teams in this league can't contain an in form and confident Ince. 

Some more telling stats would be to look at the % of our goals against the top 12 he's played a part in (assists/goals) and look at the % of our goals against the bottom 12 he's played a part in. 

This would tell us whether his performances drop against top teams or whether actually he's still contributing the same to a team playing a side that is better than them? 

Archived