Tom Ince

DEL

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is also worth saying that sometimes when someone you do like leaves work - despite best intentions it is easy to lose touch.  On one level these guys are work colleagues and once they are not seeing each other all the time it doesn't need to be something sinister if they aren't talking all the time.

• 3 months later...

Brum was Tom's 100th league appearance for us.

With 36 goals and 14 assists, he's been involved in a goal every other game. 

Not bad.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not bad.

I wish his stats were actually that, a goal or assist every other game. It's a long season and he can go missing sometimes. We either need him to have a standout season or for the others to chip in more. Ince always did well under McClaren. Hopefully the best is yet to come under Rowett. 

12 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I wish his stats were actually that, a goal or assist every other game. It's a long season and he can go missing sometimes. We either need him to have a standout season or for the others to chip in more. Ince always did well under McClaren. Hopefully the best is yet to come under Rowett. 

I would absolutely love to know why some must persist with this same Ince narrative. 

Why is he held to a different standard to all our other players?

In such an up and down season for the club, he's been absolutely brilliant. I would shudder to think where we would be without him. 

He's easily player of the season, and frankly it's not even remotely close. 

15 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Really!? I would say if there's any player in our team that's been consistent this season it's been Ince. Even when he's not scoring he's having a positive impact on the game and is always trying to make things happen, TBH I haven't seen him have a genuinely poor game for a long time. Don't understand why some fans don't seem to give him the credit they give to the likes of Russell and Bryson, when Ince is far more deserved of it

PistoldPete2
19 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

His stats are actually that. My only grumble is that he's a bit of a flat track bully.. Need to see him doing the business afainst the top teams. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

His stats are actually that. My only grumble is that he's a bit of a flat track bully.. Need to see him doing the business afainst the top teams. 

Really? Stats to back that up please.

59 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not bad.

Two penalties won that were converted by others as well.

Would have been 15 assists had Butters scored directly.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I would absolutely love to know why some must persist with this same Ince narrative. 

Why is he held to a different standard to all our other players?

In such an up and down season for the club, he's been absolutely brilliant. I would shudder to think where we would be without him. 

He's easily player of the season, and frankly it's not even remotely close. 

He isn't. We want all our players to be in form but in reality they drop in and out of it. When will people recognise these are just standard seasons for Ince at Derby. If we are to get promoted either Ince needs a standout season or other players need to chip in more. Ince can really turn the style on. But his contribution with goals and assists comes in spells. That doesn't take away from his enoumous contribution. He is capable of more. Next season might just be when he takes it to that next level. 

I was over the moon when we first signed him on loan, while pretty much everyone else was meh. Don't mistake my criticism of the guy for hate or whatever else. The guy is the real deal for me. I rate him more than what for him are average stats. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Really!? I would say if there's any player in our team that's been consistent this season it's been Ince. Even when he's not scoring he's having a positive impact on the game and is always trying to make things happen, TBH I haven't seen him have a genuinely poor game for a long time. Don't understand why some fans don't seem to give him the credit they give to the likes of Russell and Bryson, when Ince is far more deserved of it

This is either his peak or it isn't. I certainly don't think he has reached his peak and if you guys do then who is the Negative Nancy? I can just as easily say you guys underrate him. 

Have to agree to a degree, Ince is always reliable when we are playing the mid to low tier teams but he struggles against the best teams in the league. We need to see more consistency from him in this regard. In terms of goals against the other top 12 teams in this season, he has only scored twice(reading at home and Fulham away). He also struggled against the top teams last season, failing to score against middlesborough, Burnley, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday  and Brighton. Unfortunately his stats do somewhat suggest he is a flat track bully. If he is still here next season, hopefully Rowett can up his consistency against the top teams.

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I have that he has only scored 2 goals in 19 games against the other top 12 teams this season with his only goals coming against Fulham away and reading at home.

He's still only 25 and this season has scored against:

Cardiff, Wolves, Rotherham, Forest, QPR, Fulham, West Brom, Reading, Ipswich, Bristol C, Barnsley and Birmingham.

Plus 5 assists.

A reasonable cross section of teams in this league plus playing for 3 managers.

There's lies, damn lies and statistics.

PistoldPete2
19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Stats to back that up please.

Well the stat that we have never lost when ince has scored could be taken the other way... He only scores when we win. He was a total no show against hull in the play offs and his poor challenge led to their third goal. 

Missed a sitter against Newcastle, so we lost 1-0. Either way the stat that we never lose when he scores is perpetuated. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well the stat that we have never lost when ince has scored could be taken the other way... He only scores when we win. He was a total no show against hull in the play offs and his poor challenge led to their third goal. 

Missed a sitter against Newcastle, so we lost 1-0. Either way the stat that we never lose when he scores is perpetuated. 

As I stated above, he has only scored 2 in 19 games against the other top 12 teams in the league this season which is very poor for a player of his talent.

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As I stated above, he has only scored 2 in 19 games against the other top 12 teams in the league this season which is very poor for a player of his talent.

Yet if he hadn't scored against any of them we would be struggling big time..... carried us at times on his back..... sometimes a bit of slack regarding him is required..... he's dug us out of holes, maybe it's time for others to step up instead of labelling his return against higher teams as "poor"

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Why is it? Where were the teams when he scored against them? Why haven't we lost when he's scored? Who were his 5 assists against?

Stating something doesn't make it a fact. We have been a poor to average team most of this season why should we be beating the Top 12 teams?

Archived