Tom Ince

DEL

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe that confidence is the main reason for his form. It's the fact he's being given freedom. He's always been absolutely devastating when given freedom. 

Eleven goals and one assist in eighteen starts during Mac 1.

Four goals and four assists in thirteen starts under Wassall. 

Six goals and two assists in ten starts under Mac 2. 

Even under Clement when placed in that free #10 role he registered four goals and two assists in two starts, one position change and a sub. 

As with all of our players - use them correctly and they'll produce. 

Interesting in his interview with RD last night Owen Bradley asked if he'd spoken to Chris Martin since his move and Ince's answer was along the lines of "some of the lads have". Just found it interesting that with the rumours of them falling out last year they've not/barely spoken to each other since August.

2 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Interesting in his interview with RD last night Owen Bradley asked if he'd spoken to Chris Martin since his move and Ince's answer was along the lines of "some of the lads have". Just found it interesting that with the rumours of them falling out last year they've not/barely spoken to each other since August.

I'm surprised he was honest about it. As most players will just say they have to stop any rumors from happening. I'd rather have Ince then Martin at the moment though that's for sure.

7 hours ago, thederbyram said:

Thought it was more along the lines of who is mates with Chrissy, rather than Ince not talking to him. Why would you expect them to keep in touch if they're not mates? He didn't sound anti, just muttered something about it being a new start for CM.

19 hours ago, thederbyram said:

That tells you who Ince has a rapport with and who he likes to play with - it's sort of obvious but it's Bent. 

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That tells you who Ince has a rapport with and who he likes to play with - it's sort of obvious but it's Bent. 

No it just says that off the field they aren't best friends. Nothing more.

He also asked if Martin can play and said he hoped not as he is quality player.

19 hours ago, thederbyram said:

I heard rumours too, that it was decided in the summer one of them would have to leave.....when i heard him say that it did make me think is there any truth. Even if they didnt get on though surely as professionals they can play the game, cole and sheringham didnt get on (so its rumoued), or gabbiadini and kitson (rumoured too)...they all had decent partnerships.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I heard rumours too, that it was decided in the summer one of them would have to leave.....when i heard him say that it did make me think is there any truth. Even if they didnt get on though surely as professionals they can play the game, cole and sheringham didnt get on (so its rumoued), or gabbiadini and kitson (rumoured too)...they all had decent partnerships.

Indeed. They scored plenty of goals together and that's what counts.

Still think the more obvious point that Martin didn't fit Pearson's style of play - see his replacement in Vydra - was why we got rid.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still think the more obvious point that Martin didn't fit Pearson's style of play - see his replacement in Vydra - was why we got rid.

Yeah i think so.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did Ince though? I don't have the stats but Ince seems to score more without martin. I go back to when martin got injured the back end of the last season with Mac and I remember the hat trick against Bristol last year in a 4-0 win when Martin was rested. Also the 7 this season without Martin.

I just think him and Bent have a better partnership.

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Did Ince though? I don't have the stats but Ince seems to score more without martin. I go back to when martin got injured the back end of the last season with Mac and I remember the hat trick against Bristol last year in a 4-0 win when Martin was rested. Also the 7 this season without Martin.

I just think him and Bent have a better partnership.

Between them up to new year last season whilst both players were on the pitch they scored 13 - 9 for Martin 4 for Ince. In the new year they managed 9, all in Wassall's spell, 5 for Martin and 4 for Ince.

So between them whilst on the pitch last season they scored a combined 22 goals in 45 games, averaging just shy of a goal every other game.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Between them up to new year last season whilst both players were on the pitch they scored 13 - 9 for Martin 4 for Ince. In the new year they managed 9, all in Wassall's spell, 5 for Martin and 4 for Ince.

So between them whilst on the pitch last season they scored a combined 22 goals in 45 games, averaging just shy of a goal every other game.

That isn't bad at all! Whats Ince and Bent ratio partnership? I bet its not far off a goal a game! (starting apps only)

40 minutes ago, Simsy said:

That isn't bad at all! Whats Ince and Bent ratio partnership? I bet its not far off a goal a game! (starting apps only)

Well last season both stated 2 games together, Birmingham away (1-1 Russell scored) and Bristol City home (4-0 Ince hat trick) and whilst both were on the pitch in other games Ince scored 2 Bent scored 1 (MK Dons away and Reading away)

So far this season Bent has scored 2 goals and Ince has scored 5 whilst both have been on the pitch.

In 14/15 Bent scored 8 Ince scored 7 whilst both were on the pitch

EDIT: forgot to say games 14/15 was 13 games, 15/16 was 23 games and this season 8 games (including substitute appearances)

Archived