Turning Belgianese....

Gaspode

I just want to see a just winner. I don't see how there can be a just winner when the likes of Italy, Germany and France have all been pitted on the same half the draw to accomodate for a number of rubbish third-placed sides who shouldn't have even made it this far because they finished THIRD in a group of four.

Did you know Wales have become the smallest nation in European Championship history (and the smallest in the world since Uruguay won a four-team World Cup in the 30s or something) to reach the last four of a major tournament.

Amazing achievement isn't it? I mean, to get that far is truly astounding considering who they've managed to beat to get this far... Oh... wait a minute. They've beaten Russia, Slovakia, Northern Ireland and Belgium. Wow, history in the making right there!

I have nothing against Wales, I vent my frustration at this ridiculous tournament. It's been a farce!

Germany vs Italy in the quarter-finals when both teams won their groups. 24-team format fail!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

Wales have a brilliant manager.The sort of manager that England should be looking for,but wouldn't employ in a million years,which is about the amount of years before we win a major tournament,again. I'm not surprised by the racist,xenophobic,and anti-Welsh reaction,by a bunch of pathetic little Englanders.During the referendum these types have been crawling out from under their stones.

I support England and believe that when a team like Wales,Ireland,N.Ireland or Scotland whose players play in England do better than us we should first of all support them,but mainly learn from them and then we might get it right. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime COME ON WALES.

a brilliant manager...?? Give me strength...! 

Wales in the semi and playing a poor Portugal side I am seriously getting concerned they could go all the way!

We wont hear the end of it or at least I wont with welsh friends. I am very jealous and bitter and them doing so well and leciester winning the league really is messing up with what I think I know about football!

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just want to see a just winner. I don't see how there can be a just winner when the likes of Italy, Germany and France have all been pitted on the same half the draw to accomodate for a number of rubbish third-placed sides who shouldn't have even made it this far because they finished THIRD in a group of four.

Did you know Wales have become the smallest nation in European Championship history (and the smallest in the world since Uruguay won a four-team World Cup in the 30s or something) to reach the last four of a major tournament.

Amazing achievement isn't it? I mean, to get that far is truly astounding considering who they've managed to beat to get this far... Oh... wait a minute. They've beaten Russia, Slovakia, Northern Ireland and Belgium. Wow, history in the making right there!

I have nothing against Wales, I vent my frustration at this ridiculous tournament. It's been a farce!

Germany vs Italy in the quarter-finals when both teams won their groups. 24-team format fail!

Quit belly aching! If you had your way you would just hand pick the semi finalists.

Luck of the draw makes it exciting for all teams.

If you're good enough to win the tournament you should be able to beat any team put in front of you, what difference does it make if it's the second round or the final?

If I had my way I would scrap seeding too.

Well done Wales. "Are you watching England?" Too right we are and cheering on a team full of passion and spirit. Things this current England team can only dream of. Rooney "earns" a huge amount per week....ha ha earns!

9 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

If Wales win the tournament... hide under a rock for a few months imo.. I could take Leicester winning the league but the Welsh are starting to really do my f****** head in, arrogant little b******.. Bale is one smug slimy little c*** as well imo, Ronaldo is openly arrogant but Bale is worse for it, his mocking of England was disgusting.

Boo hoo. 

Are you English? You must be. Only an English person could simultaneously trot out insults and be all hurt like this. 

How do you get through the day?

Wales has been tactically most interesting (not impressive, it goes to Italy) team so far.

Well timed situational pressing, set pieces build against teams they play against, not to their own strengths, how they defend counter attacks etcc. Refreshing to watch, like Iceland but for different reasons. Suprising success is one of the charms football has. Bit like Denmark 92.

And that boy Ramsey is looking like Hughes more and more, even blonded his hair to look like his idol. What's not to like?

6 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Wales have a brilliant manager.The sort of manager that England should be looking for,but wouldn't employ in a million years,which is about the amount of years before we win a major tournament,again. I'm not surprised by the racist,xenophobic,and anti-Welsh reaction,by a bunch of pathetic little Englanders.During the referendum these types have been crawling out from under their stones.

I support England and believe that when a team like Wales,Ireland,N.Ireland or Scotland whose players play in England do better than us we should first of all support them,but mainly learn from them and then we might get it right. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime COME ON WALES.

Not like you to be accusing people of racism...

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wales won their group so every right to be there...do sort of get what you mean with the 24 team thing...portugal havent eactually won a game in normal time yet, but are in the semi's

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Wales has been tactically most interesting (not impressive, it goes to Italy) team so far.

Well timed situational pressing, set pieces build against teams they play against, not to their own strengths, how they defend counter attacks etcc. Refreshing to watch, like Iceland but for different reasons. Suprising success is one of the charms football has. Bit like Denmark 92.

And that boy Ramsey is looking like Hughes more and more, even blonded his hair to look like his idol. What's not to like?

Ramsey going to miss the next game....the 2 bookings system of missing the next game is a farce.should be wiped after 3 games.

48 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ramsey going to miss the next game....the 2 bookings system of missing the next game is a farce.should be wiped after 3 games.

I seem to remember that's how it works in the World Cup - clean slate after the group stages. Still the rules were clear enough before the kick-off so Ramsey only has himself to blame for the ridiculous handball when he knew he was already on a card.

Well done Wales, it was a great team performance - and despite starting this thread by saying I'd be supporting Belgium last night, I will be behind Wales against Portugal - (which will probably scupper their chances completely....)

8 hours ago, Anon said:

Just a point to all those crying about anti English sentiment from the Welsh. I assume you're all above such feelings of schadenfreude and have never laughed when the US basketball team get turned over by a bunch of slavs or cheered when the kiwis beat the aussies in the cricket?

Or that Scotland were the only home nation not to qualify? Hadn't  realised this forum had so many hypocrites!

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I wasn't bothered about how well or badly they did or did not do to be honest until I started hearing the chimp boy spouting his stupid mouth off and then saw that video of them all dancing around celebrating when England lost, that was so tin pot pathetic, celebrating a result that meant absolutely nothing at all to them and would have no bearing on what happened to them in the completion. 

So now I am backing any team that plays them. 

Viva Ronaldo.!!

Yo are so full of petty jealousy, hate and invective that it becomes all-consuming at the best of times, so I'm not surprised at all.

I want Portugal to win for the exact same reasons as Moosepack.

It's not that I'm angry, offended, hurt or upset by the celebrations after the England lost, was embarrassing that they had to come out and apologise for it.

Fair play to them, I would do the same, which I will when Ronaldo tears them a new one.

I'm not racist either and I can prove it if Charlotte Church gives me half a chance. 

??????

5 minutes ago, David said:

I want Portugal to win for the exact same reasons as Moosepack.

It's not that I'm angry, offended, hurt or upset by the celebrations after the England lost, was embarrassing that they had to come out and apologise for it.

Fair play to them, I would do the same, which I will when Ronaldo tears them a new one.

I'm not racist either and I can prove it if Charlotte Church gives me half a chance. 

??????

It's not about being racist - the entire world apart from England supporters wanted Iceland to beat England, because football is still about fairy tales and wanting the little team to beat the big one, so why should Wales be any different?

For goodness sake, even I saw the funny side of it, but you and Muespach seem to be taking butthurt to whole new levels.

It's pitiful.

Fantastic performance by Wales, i'm pleased for good honest players like Williams, Taylor, Vokes etc who would never get anywhere near an England squad yet have shown more heart, commitment and team spirit than our bunch of prima donnas could ever manage.

Hope they beat Portugal.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's not about being racist - the entire world apart from England supporters wanted Iceland to beat England, because football is still about fairy tales and wanting the little team to beat the big one, so why should Wales be any different?

For goodness sake, even I saw the funny side of it, but you and Muespach seem to be taking butthurt to whole new levels.

It's pitiful.

I should have added butthurt to the list that I'm not, absolutely no hatred at all for Wales, not a tiny bit now Hugh Jenkins has lost Bodde and it would be unfair to the Welsh people to dislike them because of Robbie Savage.

I even quite like Planet of the Apes film.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

What do you suggest? Manufacture it so the big teams never play each other until the final?

I know Russia turned out to be the worst team in the tournament but usually they're no slouches, and Wales topped their group. And you have to say Belgium are one of the stronger teams in the tournament. And Wales beat them. Convincingly. 

The whole point of a tournament is that it's unpredictable, exciting and just a little bit crazy. I've really enjoyed the 24 team format - one half of the draw has been epic, with all the big sides playing each other, while the other side has provided smaller teams a real chance to progress and upstage bigger sides. 

After watching last night's match, if your first thought is "this tournament's a farce!" rather than "what a scintillating game of football that was", then why do you bother tuning in? 

Why don't people want Portugal to win?

Butthurt as Ronaldo has a better tan?

Offended that Figo didn't play in our pre season friendly v Barcelona

Angry over the Mourinho Eva incident?

Pepe is one of the nicest footballers around that gets targeted in each game, some of the tackles on him could be classed as attempted murder. How he's still walking is beyond me, he deserves this. 

Just because we share a border with Wales and they voted out in the referendum isn't a reason to want them to win. Next people will be saying we should all cheer Andy Murray on at Wimbledon and wear kilts to work on Monday morning.

Did you know NASA uses Portugese cork? If it wasn't for that no man would have ever stepped on the moon and Red Dwarf would probably never have been created.

Pippa Middletons shoes for the Royal wedding were created in Portugal, she would have had to go barefoot which would have ruined the whole wedding had she stood something sharp and could no longer walk.

I'll end on this final valid reason to want Portugal to win. Nando's. 

Archived