Turning Belgianese....

Gaspode

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Wales in the semi and playing a poor Portugal side I am seriously getting concerned they could go all the way!

We wont hear the end of it or at least I wont with welsh friends. I am very jealous and bitter and them doing so well and leciester winning the league really is messing up with what I think I know about football!

That's why the bookies are rich and we're not ?

Well done Wales, we have had some cracking welsh lads throughout our history so I hope they can win it for them, Dean Saunders is having a ball, shame Ramsey misses the Portugal game because he is having a tournament and a half.

It's just daft that the best teams are brought down by this stupid requirements to prove it by playing football.

Im not a fan of the 24 team tournament format but Dems the rules.

As for an "easy" and "hard" side of the draw, that's more that some teams underperforming than intention and with six groups it's inevitable that group winners would play each other in the QF, which it was was luck of the way the groups were drawn.

24 Team tournament has been great, just need to remove seeds and that would be amazing.

I don't want to see finals each tournament with Germany, Spain, France or Italy playing each other.

Boring.

I would also have a balls out the bag draw for the last 16, QF and SF

Didums you have a group stage of 4 of the best teams, the cream always rises to the top.....unless you have just a cup of cream then it doesn't really rise but yeah

1 hour ago, David said:

Why don't people want Portugal to win?

Butthurt as Ronaldo has a better tan?

Offended that Figo didn't play in our pre season friendly v Barcelona

Angry over the Mourinho Eva incident?

Pepe is one of the nicest footballers around that gets targeted in each game, some of the tackles on him could be classed as attempted murder. How he's still walking is beyond me, he deserves this. 

Just because we share a border with Wales and they voted out in the referendum isn't a reason to want them to win. Next people will be saying we should all cheer Andy Murray on at Wimbledon and wear kilts to work on Monday morning.

Did you know NASA uses Portugese cork? If it wasn't for that no man would have ever stepped on the moon and Red Dwarf would probably never have been created.

Pippa Middletons shoes for the Royal wedding were created in Portugal, she would have had to go barefoot which would have ruined the whole wedding had she stood something sharp and could no longer walk.

I'll end on this final valid reason to want Portugal to win. Nando's. 

That's all well and good but some of us have fond memories of Wales.

Childhood holidays in Rhyl and Prestatyn (even though the accents were all scouse). Me dad telling us we were "abroad".....

The old Butlins camp at Pwllhelli

Cheese on toast

Getting arrested at Swansea in 1982.......

But you want to see a winner playing the best teams and making it a true fairytale story.

Greece in 2004 navigated themselves through a group containing Spain and Portugal, they then beat France, the Czech Republic (who were awesome them) and then hosts Portugal in the final.

I just can't jump on this bandwagon where France, Germany and Italy have all been denied the chance despite winning their groups. In the normal 16-team format, this debacle would have never happened.

Call it luck of the draw... I just think Wales' record-breaking run has been a joke considering their oppponents. 

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just want to see a just winner. I don't see how there can be a just winner when the likes of Italy, Germany and France have all been pitted on the same half the draw to accomodate for a number of rubbish third-placed sides who shouldn't have even made it this far because they finished THIRD in a group of four.

Did you know Wales have become the smallest nation in European Championship history (and the smallest in the world since Uruguay won a four-team World Cup in the 30s or something) to reach the last four of a major tournament.

Amazing achievement isn't it? I mean, to get that far is truly astounding considering who they've managed to beat to get this far... Oh... wait a minute. They've beaten Russia, Slovakia, Northern Ireland and Belgium. Wow, history in the making right there!

I have nothing against Wales, I vent my frustration at this ridiculous tournament. It's been a farce!

Germany vs Italy in the quarter-finals when both teams won their groups. 24-team format fail!

No need to cry because England didn't get there !

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's nice to see such small-mindedness thriving on the forum.

There are people on here that don't have a molecule of good grace in their whole bodies.

But it was good grace for all of the Welsh squad to be jumping around celebrating when we lost?

Much rather any of the teams left in it win it.

Archived