Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The no fee thing would be surprising but perhaps Jake is seen as a club guy who deserves it, and his bro works within the DCFC family too. Perhaps a "nominal fee" (say >£100k) would be more appropriate given Jake is an excellent centre half. If he does go, all I can say is:

Farewell sweet price

No player in recent times has connected better with the supporter base. And none has worked harder and more successfully to improve himself, to great effect.

Wigan Athletic set to wrap up Jake Buxton signing from Derby County today

SIMON JONES: Wigan are signing Derby County defender Jake Buxton today.

The 31-year-old has been in talks on and off for over a month but will complete his move after being left out of the weekend friendly against Walsall.

Derby are hopeful of bringing in James Chester from West Brom but face competition for the Wales international.

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

I'm amazed I cant find an article anywhere saying Bucko is expected to sign today which is filled up with all the past speculation. Isn't that how click bait works

Maybe someone read this....

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

That's a bit out of the blue. Real ITK stuff that.

Nah that's been rumoured for a while. However I can announce that Sam Allardyce is in contention to be England manager for the first World Cup qualifier in September.

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

No Buxton in any of the training photos from today so I presume he'll be off tomorrow.

Yeah looks like it. I had East Midlands today on earlier on the TV and they said it's a done deal. I felt a bit for the presenter because it looked like he wasn't really into football so him saying Buxton, also known as the Bucko cult hero by Derby fans ,looked a bit awkward. 

26 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

From an unknown free from Burton, to leaving a cult hero. Great story. 

Really hope he does well there, best of luck Bucko! :wub:

Atleast we can see him again playing for Wigan at the ipro again this season and bow down to the buckenbauer ;) 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Yeah looks like it. I had East Midlands today on earlier on the TV and they said it's a done deal. I felt a bit for the presenter because it looked like he wasn't really into football so him saying Buxton, also known as the Bucko cult hero by Derby fans ,looked a bit awkward. 

Looked just like another day in the office for Colin Hazelden to me.

He was at the Celtic v Leicester City friendly on Saturday, clearly not into football then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/eastmidlandstoday/profiles/colinhazelden.shtml

Archived