Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I always had him down as Andy Todd. :ph34r:

His son you mean?

Sorry, it didn't even register with me that he would be bandying around the famous surname he got from his dad on here.

If it really is son not dad, please excuse my gaffe.

No offence meant though.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cheron85 said:

It is yes

I feel it probably says a lot about your personality that you seem to think calling people a girl's name is amusing... 

So sorry Mr/Mrs/ Miss/Ms Heron.

You lot are too much.

Only pleased when the jibes and sarcasm are coming off you own keyboards.

Get a life pal. Go out more.Take up another hobby.

I keep being told to toughen up or to go forth and multiply whenever I try to respond or have a pop back.

So it seems I'm not the one with the paper thin skin?

It also says a lot about yours that you can't take it back, jack.

Anyway, I think Sharon's a nice name.

One of your mates just called me Roberta. I took no offence at all even though it wasn't actually funny. So there.

Toys back in pram now?

Please take this post in the spirit of human kindness it was intended to convey.

Screw the football.....

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Back on topic please people. I have hid the last few posts as the discussion was leading too far away from Jake.

Yeh I noticed that... :angry:... Talking away my right of reply! 

Jake is ALWAYS in my heart... 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Back on topic please people. I have hid the last few posts as the discussion was leading too far away from Jake.

Nice one Rynny.

When I first came on here, all I wanted to do was to chat about our great club, not indulge in such pointless banter.

Feels a bit like a keyboard Alamo.

Silly really. Really silly.

Believe me, I would love to wipe the slate clean, provided the other combatants do the same.

After all, let's stick to what must have been the original spirit of this forum.

COYR!!!!

A big thank you.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I sincerely hope that Jake will be with us until he hangs up his boots and then some.

The man is just simply irreplaceable. As a player,certainly. Limited in some of the technical aspects of the modern game.

But as a spiritual channel for the fans, gold dust. They know it and he does too. That's exactly why he visibly grows in stature just waiting in the tunnel to run out on the hallowed turf. He is them in a team shirt. That's why he is greeted like a long lost son. 99% of 30.000 fans CANNOT be wrong, surely?

He is our very own viking warrior. Shaved head, beard and all. The man. Sir Jake.

Shankly loved this sort of player, as did Mackay.

Just now, satty atwal said:

Shame that terrible shame. Management must have a lot of faith in rawson then 

Or perhaps it's more of a case of having developed no faith in Buxton.

Just now, Srg said:

Or Pearce (who's a better defender, if not quite the personality.)

Think Pearce playing the full 90 is a statement that management sees a place for him in the squad (as the primary CB backup), he can't have been high on the fitness charts after his game time last season.

Archived