Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

10 hours ago, Rams1884 said:

Buxton is no more than a fringe squad player these days in terms of ability, especially if we have real aspirations to get to Prem. However I feel his team ethos and running through coals mentality to put on Rams shirt are exactly the qualities of the collective spirit Pearson is always keen to engender in his squads so will be interesting to see what happens to Jake. 

Absolutely spot on my mate.

Just what I've been going on about since I recently joined this great forum for true Rams fans......

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Just what I've been going on about since I recently joined this great forum for true Rams fans......

Who talks like that? Are there 'false Rams fans' forums popping up everywhere that I wasn't aware of?

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

True fans wouldn't castigate Keogh in the way you have!

Supporters only owe allegiance to their club.

All professional players are just servants of the club who bankroll them.

Arguing which ones are best is marginal anyway.

They are ALL dispensable come to it.

The club in turn exists only for the fans who support it.

MM alluded to precisely this truism when he took over last year.

So we are surely at the top of this inverted pyramid. 

Very few footballers are one club men nowadays, whereas we always lifers so to speak.

Not to mention even at this level, most first teamers are VERY wealthy young men on long contracts. Still paid in full whether out injured, off form or only bench warming. And during the close season too.

If NP is true to form, he will deal quickly and ruthlessly with any he deems unsuitable or surplus to his requirements. Whoever they are.

Their only mission is to fulfil our dreams.... 

22 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Supporters only owe allegiance to their club.

Your ideals are somehow both very pure and extremely odd... 

22 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Not to mention even at this level, most first teamers are VERY wealthy young men on long contracts. Still paid in full whether out injured, off form or only bench warming. And during the close season too.

Yeh but that's only the same as anyone on an employment contract somewhere... I get paid still if I'm sick... And I get paid while I'm on holiday... Why should it be any different for them?

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh but that's only the same as anyone on an employment contract somewhere... I get paid still if I'm sick... And I get paid while I'm on holiday... Why should it be any different for them?

Well that makes MM the same as I was merely echoing his well publicised sentiments.

FYI, I have the greatest respect for our new owner and am wholly on the same page in this regard.

BTW, I get the pure bit, but extremely odd?? Enlighten me please. Sounds just a tad cynical to me. 

Bet you're not a twenty something millionaire in the entertainment business though, hey mate.

2 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

What are you doing on here then?

2 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

BTW, I get the pure bit, but extremely odd?? Enlighten me please. Sounds just a tad cynical to me. 

Well it's a bit odd to use the argument that by being a true supporter of the club... that gives you the right to have a pop at whichever players you want to... many would suggest that the players are a part of the club (whilst under contract) and by slamming any one of them you are slamming a part of the club... You seem intent on supporting a theoretical ideal rather than the actual embodiment of the club in front of you...

5 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Bet you're not a twenty something millionaire in the entertainment business though, hey mate.

You are indeed correct in the assertion... I am a millionaire 30-something protecting the streets of Gotham...

However I don't see why making a lot of money means you should be denied the basic rights laid down in most employment contracts?

4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

That feels like an insult to me. mmmmm

To whom, and why? If you have found this great site, why don't you let us all in on the secret?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Well it's a bit odd to use the argument that by being a true supporter of the club... that gives you the right to have a pop at whichever players you want to... many would suggest that the players are a part of the club (whilst under contract) and by slamming any one of them you are slamming a part of the club... You seem intent on supporting a theoretical ideal rather than the actual embodiment of the club in front of you...

You are indeed correct in the assertion... I am a multi-billionaire 30-something protecting the streets of Gotham...

However I don't see why making a lot of money means you should be denied the basic rights laid down in most employment contracts?

As your accountant, FTFY :p

1 minute ago, Robbie Ram said:

That feels like an insult to me. mmmmm

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

What are you doing on here then?

Forgive my ignorance and honestly no offence intended, but Is their some sort of covert hierarchy on here of which I am as yet unaware?

I would really like to know as there seems to be some inconsistency....

3 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Forgive my ignorance and honestly no offence intended, but Is their some sort of covert hierarchy on here of which I am as yet unaware?

I would really like to know as there seems to be some inconsistency....

No insult, no swearing, no need to do anything.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

As your accountant, FTFY :p

Wow, so sorry but I seem to have inadvertently rattled all your cages, hey chaps!!

Maybe we should get another hobby, get out more, enjoy life, see the world!!

PS. My questions are still unanswered.

PPS. Just who is Oliver Queen?

COYR!!!

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You are indeed correct in the assertion... I am a millionaire 30-something protecting the streets of Gotham...

You're missing my point. Players are paid to perform and deliver results. Period.

How many of the current crop would be here if Derby were not paying top dollar wages?

Count on one hand if you like.  

Would you like some of my tablets then?

11 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

You're missing my point. Players are paid to perform and deliver results. Period.

How many of the current crop would be here if Derby were not paying top dollar wages?

Count on one hand if you like.  

If that were completely true they would be on performance based pay structures... But they aren't... Bonuses probably... But not week-to-week performance basis...

12 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Would you like some of my tablets then?

Nooooooooo thank you... I try not to take hallucinogenics during the week...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Lucky you. I know plenty that don't and have to make do with SSSP.

Archived