Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Robbie Ram said:

Really?

Think you should have gone to Specsavers mate.

Keogh opts to run with the ball, giving the impression of speed.

But JB is a better all round athlete too. Faster, quicker turning, better tackler having a lower centre of gravity, more stamina, more decisive, better passer, better header with more "spring."

Oh, and I nearly forgot, can score crucial goals from set pieces too!!

By the way, when was the last time EITHER of our current CBs scored?

I rest my case.....possibly.

PS. Grant Hanley also weighs in with the odd goal. IMO, he is most certainly NOT overpriced at £6+ million. And like our Bucko, is a beast of a defender, so well worth the money. Ergo JB and GH potentially our best CB pairing.

Then why has he not been able to displace keogh in the side under each manager for the past few years ?

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Obviously our resident ****** are more qualified then the last 4 managers at Derby and Martin O'Neil.

Dammit... I keep forgetting that... Jeez how could I forget that the boo-boys on a forum here know so much more than seasoned professionals in the world of football... 

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Then why has he not been able to displace keogh in the side under each manager for the past few years ?

Keogh has been a good servant but alas fatally flawed as detailed++++ times before by me and numerous others.

Bucko is a (storm)trooper. To see his dopplegangers, just look down the M1 if you don't believe me. PL champs anyone?

In turn, each of these managers has failed in their core objective - achieving promotion to the PL.

Maybe, just maybe that's partly why we have still not been promoted.

Poor team selection, tactics, and inept man management, **** buys, bloated humpty dumpty squad, the list goes on baby.......

Get real please...........

The bottom line is we're still down here in clogsville ffs........

In a sane world, we should comfortably be in the top half of the PL by now.

Antipsychotics anyone??

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The **** is happening in here. Is this the internet forum equivalent of walking in on a hotbox?

As they say, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, chicken.

Football is just war played on grass, old bean.

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You're a interesting lad aren't you?

Yessir.

I am aN interesting lad to be sure.

Not so much left of field as out of the stadium.

I have many more adroit opinions, many more.

My nurse says I am totally sane too.

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

Not picking up on you, just that your's is the last comment on the subject. If so many think that Keogh is so bad, who on earth voted him player of the season last season?

The majority of the fans who voted.

The majority of supporters club members who voted.

The majority of his fellow players. 

Not the keyboard warriors, obviously! 

Oops just realised this thread is about Buxton. Really useful player and great club man. I wouldn't begrudge him a move if he wanted regular first team football as he's good enough for a lot of championship sides. 

I think I would miss his character more than his football though - his holding worries me. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

The majority of the fans who voted.

The majority of supporters club members who voted.

The majority of his fellow players. 

Not the keyboard warriors, obviously! 

Oops just realised this thread is about Buxton. Really useful player and great club man. I wouldn't begrudge him a move if he wanted regular first team football as he's good enough for a lot of championship sides. 

I think I would miss his character more than his football though - his holding worries me. 

this "his holding worries me" argument is a,last ditch effort to justify not wanting him here. How many times has he been penalised? How many goals has it cost us?

34 minutes ago, davenportram said:

this "his holding worries me" argument is a,last ditch effort to justify not wanting him here. How many times has he been penalised? How many goals has it cost us?

Sorry, did I say that I didn't want him here? I'm more than happy for him to stay and fight for a place if that's what he wants to do. 

I said his holding worries me and it does - just because he has 'got away with it' so far doesn't mean that he will never get punished for it. 

Even if you could guarantee that he would never ever get punished for it I still don't like it. 

9 minutes ago, Gladram said:

I'm a little confused as to why people are comparing Buxton and Keog? They aren't competing for a position as Buxton can't play right side. Shouldn't the comparison be with Shackell for a slot on the left?

We're comparing who's the biggest scapegoat. 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, did I say that I didn't want him here? I'm more than happy for him to stay and fight for a place if that's what he wants to do. 

I said his holding worries me and it does - just because he has 'got away with it' so far doesn't mean that he will never get punished for it. 

Even if you could guarantee that he would never ever get punished for it I still don't like it. 

Do stop being so purist please.

Try taking a good gander at the Italians during the Euros and even historically. Their defenders all do it like it's perfectly okay and natural for them, no questions asked.

IMO our defenders should be intimidating and even underhand if need be.

After all, they are really there to stop the other lot from scoring by fair means or foul. Period.

Remember, its football, not netball - or even rounders come to that.

39 minutes ago, Gladram said:

I'm a little confused as to why people are comparing Buxton and Keog? They aren't competing for a position as Buxton can't play right side. Shouldn't the comparison be with Shackell for a slot on the left?

When I last looked, Buxton is mainly right footed, so where do get the strange idea he can't play on the right. He's every bit as right sided as Mr. Keogh.

So yes indeed, sir or madam, he is in direct competition with him for a starting place.

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Don't bring fifa into this ffs

Buxton closes a man down much more rapidly than Keogh. That's what counts. Not how fast you run in a straight line or even on the spot for heaven's sake.

He is also a harder, old school type of tackler. He make it stick, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

When I last looked, Buxton is mainly right footed, so where do get the strange idea he can't play on the right. He's every bit as right sided as Mr. Keogh.

So yes indeed, sir or madam, he is in direct competition with him for a starting place.

Having watched Jake play since he joined he might be right footed, left footed or even two footed but having played most of his career on the left side he's not comfortable on the right and it shows when he plays there.

As a left side centre half he is a a good footballer but looks very shaky on the few occasions he's played on the right. An example is McClaren's first game against Ipswich where he played right side with Whitbread on the left. He really struggled when exposed against McGoldrick. Another, possibly unfair, example is playing right back away at Peterborough. Like a fish out of water.

Archived