Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

42 minutes ago, eddie said:

To whom, and why? If you have found this great site, why don't you let us all in on the secret?

You have the secret old boy.

To reply ironically to such a sincere remark is insulting,surely.

Purely because I am new on here and don't maybe hold the same views as some of you veterans should certainly not mean I a am lesser mortal than you, nor my opinions any the less valid.

Or is this some sort of an elitist deal? A cosy club type of thing?

I though the word forum suggested an open debate and exchange of ideas among hopefully like minded people. Or maybe not in this case?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Purely because I am new on here and don't maybe hold the same views as some of you veterans should certainly not mean I a am lesser mortal than you, nor my opinions any the less valid.

Or is this some sort of an elitist deal? A cosy club type of thing?

I'm assuming you're fairly new to internet forum's in general? The anonymity tends to mean people are a little more extreme in their use of discursive language than they might be in person...

Imagine everyone here is entering into the discussion at 11 30 on a Friday night having been in the pub since 5... That should give you a better understanding of the dynamic around here...

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm assuming you're fairly new to internet forum's in general? The anonymity tends to mean people are a little more extreme in their use of discursive language than they might be in person...

Imagine everyone here is entering into the discussion at 11 30 on a Friday night having been in the pub since 5... That should give you a better understanding of the dynamic around here...

Oh, so you can insult me BUT I cant reply in kind then?

How does that work exactly??

Seems all very churlish and really school playground behaviour to me. Let's knock the new guy kind of thing.

If you lot do it to me, then you're just being pithy, but I f I try to respond, I end up getting censored as some sort of extremist wacko.

Pity that.

How sad.

3 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Absolutely spot on my mate.

Just what I've been going on about since I recently joined this great forum for true Rams fans......

14 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Is that all, my Moderator?

2 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Seems all very churlish and really school playground behaviour to me. Let's knock the new guy kind of thing.

If you lot do it to me, then you're just being pithy, but I f I try to respond, I end up getting censored as some sort of extremist wacko.

Pity that.

How sad.

Who has insulted you? If you feel a post has been insulting click on the little flag and it will report it so all the moderators can see and they can decide if anything needs to be done.

Eddie meant what is the great forum you had recently as it is not this one. He is not calling you at all. He is the class clown, or he tries to be, and was calling the forum.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Pity that.

How sad.

You can do what you want chief... That's kinda the blessing/curse of the internet... If you wanted a warm/cuddly response try a Fulham forum... I hear they're very nice... Lovely ground on the river accompanied with an understanding that they're playing WAY above their level seems to promote pleasantness...

If you get upset about what people have to say about your views on the internet you won't survive long around here... You need to be able to take it with a large handful of salt...

the-rise-of-the-ocr-internet-warrior-2.j

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Back on topic please gents or we'll lock it.

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Spoilsport :p

+1

:)

Fine... Thought the Buckosaur was head and shoulders above Keogh in the warm up game against Benfica... Must be Pearson's first choice ahead of Keogh and Shackell now since neither of them were even picked! 

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Were you looking at my bird!?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

+1are u avin alaf looked a total divy will be gone soon dont worry

:)

Fine... Thought the Buckosaur was head and shoulders above Keogh in the warm up game against Benfica... Must be Pearson's first choice ahead of Keogh and Shackell now since neither of them were even picked! 

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Forgive my ignorance and honestly no offence intended, but Is their some sort of covert hierarchy on here of which I am as yet unaware?

I would really like to know as there seems to be some inconsistency....

Yes.

There's @David (him big cheese ownum site make load of wampum), followed loosely by moderators (of which there are many thousands, it seems), then regular posters in possession of less than 16,395 'likes' (a figure chosen quite arbitrarily), then n00bs, then gumps, then me.

I will take the piss on occasion - please do not take offence.

Oh, also look out for @uttoxram75, or 'Utch' as he is known. He's the site's resident Stokie, with absolutely no sense of humour. if he hasn't had a belly full of real ale and chips.

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes.

There's @David (him big cheese ownum site make load of wampum), followed loosely by moderators (of which there are many thousands, it seems), then regular posters in possession of less than 16,395 'likes' (a figure chosen quite arbitrarily), then n00bs, then gumps, then me.

Oh, also look out for @uttoxram75, or 'Utch' as he is known. He's the site's resident Stokie, Hi Robbie with absolutely no sense of humour. if he hasn't had a belly full of real ale and chips.

Hi Robbie Ram

Lots of sounding off. Lots of tongue in cheek. Lots of witty puns .Lots of exchange of ideas and opinions. Lots of filling space whilst the latest news breaks and much anticipation and hopeful probing .   You will get the general feel over time.

But whatever you do DO NOT insult B4  !!

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

People on full time contracts or casual work? Because we have players who are on fixed term but full time contracts...

People on full time contracts. I do get paid up to 12 weeks but only after losing 3 waiting days and it's only been the last couple of years that we have been paid that. But I do know quite a few people that only get SSSP.

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes.

Oh, also look out for @uttoxram75, or 'Utch' as he is known. He's the site's resident Stokie, with absolutely no sense of humour. if he hasn't had a belly full of real ale and chips.

You got me guys!

I am a noobie to these forum thingies.

So no wonder you were all pitching in with the barbed p...takes. Too good to miss I reckon. Must've seen me coming. (oops!!)

So how does anybody actually make serious dough from having a bunch of virtual (very punny!!) strangers sniping at each other?

Would love to know the real dynamics/mechanics.

So how about somebody setting up the bare knuckle version...... now THAT would be really interesting, eh? 

A sort of punks ( **as in non-conformists) with puns job.

**Before I get reported again.

Anyway, now I get the gist, let the rock roll in baby!!

Netball, anyone??

BTW. No offence intended to anyone alive or dead. xxxxxx

19 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

You got me guys!

I am a noobie to these forum thingies.

So no wonder you were all pitching in with the barbed p...takes. Too good to miss I reckon. Must've seen me coming. (oops!!)

So how does anybody actually make serious dough from having a bunch of virtual (very punny!!) strangers sniping at each other?

Would love to know the real dynamics/mechanics.

So how about somebody setting up the bare knuckle version...... now THAT would be really interesting, eh? 

A sort of punks ( **as in non-conformists) with puns job.

**Before I get reported again.

Anyway, now I get the gist, let the rock roll in baby!!

Netball, anyone??

BTW. No offence intended to anyone alive or dead. xxxxxx

What about zombies?

Archived