which players like from euros

B4ev6is

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Disagree with you there mate, he doesn't do it all the time. He used to when he was younger, see videos above, but he has cut a lot of it out of his game. Yesterday was an anomaly. As I said before, we probably see a lot worse by Martin on a weekly basis.  

Martin goes to ground easily when touched, no problem with that.

Diving when not touched is disgraceful.

Rolling around feigning injury and trying to get a fellow professional booked/sent off is cheating and a complete embarrassment.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Martin goes to ground easily when touched, no problem with that.

Diving when not touched is disgraceful.

Rolling around feigning injury and trying to get a fellow professional booked/sent off is cheating and a complete embarrassment.

But when Martin goes down easily he does it to try and get a free kick and to also get the opposition player booked too so couldn't that be classed as cheating as well? I'm not defending cheating, annoys me just as much as it does to you but Busquets doesn't do it all the time, last night was just an anomaly in the last few years.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Disagree with you there mate, he doesn't do it all the time. He used to when he was younger, see videos above, but he has cut a lot of it out of his game. Yesterday was an anomaly. As I said before, we probably see a lot worse by Martin on a weekly basis.  

He does it every single time he's caught with anything. 

He'll do it in Spain's next game if he's gets clipped late. 

Just like Alves, Pepe etc who always make the most brilliant game of football between the two best teams in club football look quite pathetic. 

What's funny is when they actually do have a nasty hit on them and they jump straight up to "fight". 

Nah man, I understand going down easy because it's hard to get a free kick when you're fouled if you stay up. 

I think Busquets is a great player. Great player. But he's a cheating knob. Can't stand him.

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But when Martin goes down easily he does it to try and get a free kick and to also get the opposition player booked too so couldn't that be classed as cheating as well? I'm not defending cheating, annoys me just as much as it does to you but Busquets doesn't do it all the time, last night was just an anomaly in the last few years.

But he does it when there is contact, I cannot think of one time I have actually seen him dive.  And I have never seen him waving an imaginary card or holding his head/face when he has not been touched there.

I don't really watch European football because I find it slow, boring and hate watching cheats roll around, so I can't really comment on Busquets, all I know even if he's only done it once that is enough for me to not like him.

See, there used to be a time where what Martin does would be considered disgraceful 

"exaggerating contact"

But if that bothers you now then there's not a match above Sunday league level played by men that you could watch. 

It's gone on so long and been rewarded so much that it's made the game soft and tackling is what it is. 

Martin will always be one of the worst for it. It can be annoying. But how often do players get rewarded for staying on their feet? Even when blatantly fouled. The advantage rule can sometimes work against you. 

But the miraculous recovery that Busquets makes... It just looks pathetic from a grown "man"

Women's football is so much better in this

On 16 June 2016 at 03:29, Alpha said:

I STILL haven't seen Pogba play as good as he's hyped up to be. 

Was the same with Podolski. Everyone banging on about him and to this day I've still not seen him be the best player on the pitch.

The commentators might say it's the best 5 yard pass that's ever been made, he may look in another direction when he's doing it or chuck a step over in first... but it's still just a pass. 

Not saying he's not good or owt. Just I've never seen him be owt special. 

Mario Gotze is another one. Never seen him look special. 

Yet Payet I've seen play 10 times and he's been one of, if not THE, best players on the pitch every time. 

And I know ITV want France to win it but honestly, Giroud is still crap. He's France's answer to Theo Walcott. A really good rubbish player. In a pile of turd he'd just be the least smelly. 

Also expecting Gareth Bale to score 10 later. I hear he's unplayable.

On 16 June 2016 at 08:52, McLovin said:

Also agree that Giroud is cr*p. How on earth Lacazette and Gameiro didn't make the squad I still don't know. You cant possibly tell me that Giroud and Gignac are better than Lacazette and Gameiro without bursting out laughing. Another case of managers picking their favourite players.

On 16 June 2016 at 22:37, irobinson said:

some overrated ones in my book

Pogba (**** knows why he is valued at 90 mil), ibramimavich (just taking his cash now)

Giroud - isnt international class

Sterling - Liverpool chairman must be laffing his cock off

I think there's some harsh comments regarding Giroud. He isn't world class but aside from Benzema none of the French forwards are. It's not his fault Benzema has been suspended by the French FA and hes being picked in place. 

His scoring record in the run up to the Euros has been fantastic mind. His scoring record for Arsenal is impressive. As another user mentioned he got to 50 goals quicker than most arsenal legends. He does this in a side that doesn't play to his strengths either. 

Like I said not world class but not worth the abuse he gets. He always offers a certain level of consistency in terms of goal scoring even if he is frustrating. That's in the hardest league in the world not like the French league. 

Archived