which players like from euros

B4ev6is

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

That boy Rooney looks an exceptional player....apparently back home in his country most people have been slating him and saying he should be dropped etc....and it turns out he is the best player they have...who would have thought it...?

No-one wants him to be dropped? In fact it's the complete opposite, everyone's been praising him for his performance in the midfield.

That's that Russian centre back, tough as nails. Rumour has it he's so hard he's got 3 testicles. Think he's called Whodyanickabollockov.

Along with the pacy striker they've got, Igor Zuminov, think they're the missing ingredients we could need to win the league this year.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

That's that Russian centre back, tough as nails. Rumour has it he's so hard he's got 3 testicles. Think he's called Whodyanickabollockov.

Along with the pacy striker they've got, Igor Zuminov, think they're the missing ingredients we could need to win the league this year.

His central defensive partner suffers from the odd respiratory infections now and then, Ivor Chestikov

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

No-one wants him to be dropped? In fact it's the complete opposite, everyone's been praising him for his performance in the midfield.

sorry, I was talking about before the tournament started where everyone wanted him dropping.

Buying players judged solely on a good tournament is one of the worse things to do. Even if it's from a nation like Hungary and he plays for a Hungarian team. The players price will go up ten fold due to playing at the Euro's, and then another ten fold as a English team is interested in signing the player.

I remember before Euro 96 West Ham were going to sign that Karel Poborsky chap for something like £100k, he then had a couple of half decent games so Man U sign him for £4m (4000% increase!). I seem to recall after that debacle Ferguson vowed never to buy a player based off a international tournament again.

I like that Northern Irish geezer who plays at the back..... He flies around the pitch..... Reckon he would do a job at defensive midfield position....... Chris something 

I STILL haven't seen Pogba play as good as he's hyped up to be. 

Was the same with Podolski. Everyone banging on about him and to this day I've still not seen him be the best player on the pitch.

The commentators might say it's the best 5 yard pass that's ever been made, he may look in another direction when he's doing it or chuck a step over in first... but it's still just a pass. 

Not saying he's not good or owt. Just I've never seen him be owt special. 

Mario Gotze is another one. Never seen him look special. 

Yet Payet I've seen play 10 times and he's been one of, if not THE, best players on the pitch every time. 

And I know ITV want France to win it but honestly, Giroud is still crap. He's France's answer to Theo Walcott. A really good rubbish player. In a pile of turd he'd just be the least smelly. 

Also expecting Gareth Bale to score 10 later. I hear he's unplayable.

19 hours ago, Highgate said:

Indeed, although the hair was a bit too floppy.  He actually had to brush it out of his eyes while in possession a few times. Surely the FAI will be able arrange a hairband for him before the next game if he insists on persisting with the style. 

Don't make him cut his hair. Remember Samson?

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Was the same with Podolski. Everyone banging on about him and to this day I've still not seen him be the best player on the pitch.

The commentators might say it's the best 5 yard pass that's ever been made, he may look in another direction when he's doing it or chuck a step over in first... but it's still just a pass. 

Yet Payet I've seen play 10 times and he's been one of, if not THE, best players on the pitch every time. 

And I know ITV want France to win it but honestly, Giroud is still crap. He's France's answer to Theo Walcott. A really good rubbish player. In a pile of turd he'd just be the least smelly. 

I couldn't agree more with everything you've just said. It's the same with people my age, just because someone has a high rating on FIFA,  they go on about how good they are without ever having seen them play?.

17 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I couldn't agree more with everything you've just said. It's the same with people my age, just because someone has a high rating on FIFA,  they go on about how good they are without ever having seen them play?.

I knew within my first minute of playing fifa that the game was totally unrealistic. 

I tackled Dani Alves and he stayed on his feet. And no matter what button I pressed there was no way Pepe would punch or headbutt. 

The worst thing was I played Forest away and the ground was full.

£50 for that fooking *****!!!

Pogba is world class for sure, he isn't as good as perhaps they say he is e.g on Iniesta's level but he is easily world class. Consistently playing well week in week out in the hardest league in the world to perform in shouldn't be underestimated. His performances in the euros won't affect that. It's the same with Ronaldo, if you watched him for the first time the other day against Iceland then you would laugh at people who say that he is one of the best in the world. In Pogba's case his reputation has hurt him a bit because he has 2 or 3 players man marking him which allows players like Payet to perform as he has more space. When Payet played in the middle in the first half he also struggled as he had too many people around him but played much better when he went out wide. 

Also agree that Giroud is cr*p. How on earth Lacazette and Gameiro didn't make the squad I still don't know. You cant possibly tell me that Giroud and Gignac are better than Lacazette and Gameiro without bursting out laughing. Another case of managers picking their favourite players.

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

I like Giroud. He is a poor man's Chris Martin. :lol: (seriously though, he is always the first in my dream teams)

Archived