Which midfielder would you sell this summer?

Bris Vegas

Thorne and Hughes are a given to stay.

Butterfield: wouldn't be surprised if he gets more of a chance now that his former boss, Powell, is here.

Johnson: Pearson will probably look to get the best out of him (and their money's worth) plus he might be the kind of battler we need.

Therefore, it has to be either Bryson or Hendricks, and seeing as Bryson is 29 (as opposed to the 23 year old, Hendrick) it would probably have to be him. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Butterfield: wouldn't be surprised if he gets more of a chance now that his former boss, Powell, is here.

Johnson: Pearson will probably look to get the best out of him (and their money's worth) plus he might be the kind of battler we need.

Therefore, it has to be either Bryson or Hendricks, and seeing as Bryson is 29 (as opposed to the 23 year old, Hendrick) it would probably have to be him. 

29 is the new 23, look at Vardy? £20m and £120k a week wages :ph34r::lol:

58 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I would rather a 29 year old Bryson for 3 years or so then a 23 year old Jeff for 10 years.

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I would rather a 29 year old Bryson for 3 years or so then a 23 year old Jeff for 10 years.

id probably agree with you if we were having this conversation back in McClaren's first season in charge, but that Bryson seems to have disappeared. 

Bryson and Hendrick are both a bit "much of a muchness" championship midfielder.

If Jeff has a good euro though we cash in on an island inflated fee.

I don't think we'd get a very high fee for Bryson, long contract, good wages (better than Burnley anyway) and he doesn't want to leave. If he's out the picture he might want to go to Celtic though. He'd get more Scotland caps if he went to Celtic too.

Would be sad to see either go, but the n context it'd be OK. Doubt we'd sell butters and Brad as the financial hit would be massive.

37 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I would rather have a 23 year old Hendrick any day of the week I'm afraid..... No matter how much running Bryson does

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Really surprised with the recent comments. Bryson has been one of our best players last few months. He's only 29 and I think he can replicate the form he showed 2 seasons ago over the next season.

Chris Martin certainly needs him!

But do we really need either? 

Maybe it's the make or break time to change things up.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

I wonder what people who patronise Bryson's work rate think this mythical "pacey striker" would contribute to our build up play.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

I wonder what people who patronise Bryson's work rate think this mythical "pacey striker" would contribute to our build up play.

Just like the ones who patronise Hendrick for being "average".

Thing is people seem to be blinded by personal affection for players rather than what actually happens on the pitch. Buxton is my favourite player, do i believe he should stay and displace Keogh or Shackell? No. Hendrick is the proper long term option for us over Bryson, Bryson hasn't really hit the same heights for a while as much as I like him as a player. hendrick's performance against Hull showed he has a good future ahead of him.

50 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Other than Hughes, I don't think there's a wrong answer.

Whoever's sold, you can justify selling them and we'll still be left with some great CM's, I completely back whoever Pearson gets rid of.

Think this answer is closest to what I would say.

There's also the consideration that age in most good teams is a blend you can't base all your keep and sell criteria on ones for the future , they have to be mixed in with ones for now

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Whoever's sold, you can justify selling them and we'll still be left with some great CM's, I completely back whoever Pearson gets rid of.

Thorne is another wrong answer. 

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

3 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Thorne is another wrong answer. 

Yes

Thorne and Hughes we have to keep otherwise no-one will take us seriously as a future Premier League team... I'd keep Bryson myself as I think a box-to-box midfielder is essential at any level... 

Would like to keep Butters as an extra creative type but my worry is that every single one of our CMs will (rightly) expect first team football next season as they're all good enough at this level... Think it's only been injuries this season which has seen them all play enough part to keep them happy...

On 05/06/2016 at 21:15, Posh Ram said:

Hendrick for sure. I think Johnson is the worst midfielder we have, but I don't really want to sell him at a loss and feel like Pearson could improve him. That being said look at how Norwich got rid of him, he's clearly not cut out for the Premier League.

But Hendrick hasn't done the business for a long time. He's got such a tendency to be anonymous in games, isn't strong and isn't particularly good defensively or going forward. Plus I think we could get a good fee for him.

With all those faults?

Have we managed to offload our recruitment team to another club?

This aint football manager on a computer.

They are all under contract and aside for big spending teams chasing promotion teams dont tend to pay significant fees for in contract players.

The one we sell is the one who is bid for, and we accept, or the ones who get out of contract first, and we ship out on loan with a few to a permanent signing in the last 6 months of their contract.

Archived