Will Hughes

valleyram

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat and watched the game with another English ex-pat. He'd never seen Hughes play and wouldn't stop singing his praises every time he got the ball. Fantastic player. Would love to see him in an England shirt in 2 years time. Only way that will happen is if he leaves Derby soon for the EPL. Hate thinking so, but he's wasted in the Championship and with such a bizarre under-performing squad.

We can't hold him back in the championship forever, he obviously deserves to play at a higher level. But we should reject any bid we get for him this summer and ask him for 1 more season. If we can keep him at the heart of the team and we play with the commitment we showed tonight next season, we will be heading for the EPL ourselves in 12 months time. 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

You must have shat yersen tonight. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Are Troll City any good?

33 minutes ago, 86 points said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  You're like the forum equivalent of white noise mate. 

Change the w to an s in 'white', and you've nailed it.

If a big offer came in for say 20m, then I think we've got too, it'd get us back down in terms of FFP and after we ship some of the other deadwood out at least it gives us a lot more room in terms of incomings

He's too good for the championship and at 21 its about the right time for him imo, he's immense and someone needs to have a word with him, I understand wanting to stay at your boyhood club but, medals and trophies await him imo, and he really should go and fulfil his potential. 

I'd love him to stay one more season though and give it one last chance with us.

If sell Hughes and buy the overpriced players that joined this season then I might cry...

I just don't have faith in player recruitment as that has been a big let down this year

Another Bradley Johnson, Nick Blackman and Alex Pearce and bang Hughes money gone.

It is impossible to replace him as Champ club, so the squad will be weaker whatever we spend.

10 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

If sell Hughes and buy the overpriced players that joined this season then I might cry...

I just don't have faith in player recruitment as that has been a big let down this year

Another Bradley Johnson, Nick Blackman and Alex Pearce and bang Hughes money gone.

It is impossible to replace him as Champ club, so the squad will be weaker whatever we spend.

Too true.

I can't see how he can stay after that performance, showed that he's come back new and improved.

Hopefully he'll give us another season, take us up so that we don't have to sell him. If he does go I hope he's advised well so that he doesn't become another Huddles tone by choosing the wrong club.

I think he's staying. He's lived in Derby since he was a tiny kid, he's got a good head on his shoulders and I think he's committed to the cause. 

We'll get one more year out of him at this level, then hopefully get promoted so he can stay with us in the Premier League too. 

Would he be going to the Euros had he not hot injured? I genuinely expected him to make a push for that this season, as England's 2nd youngest ever U21 international.

Would we have won promotion for that matter? Though there is technically another Championship player in Roy's 26 - Andros Townsend.

Will he stay? All these questions. If my aunt were a bloke, would she be my uncle?

What an utter shambolic waste of a season for him and the club, with so many might-have-beens right down to the last 20 minutes or so of the last match.

We should at least have a playoff final to look forward to and the hope of offering Will Premier League football with us next year. I'm angry and disappointed - but the key question will be how Will feels.

Hughes will stay, telepathy between him, Hendrick, Russell and Bryson, they need to stay together - replace Martin with similar player but with more pace.. Shackell looked excellent last night so rid Ince, Johnson, Warnock and a few more fringe players. 

He was utterly unbelievable last night, one of the best single performances i have seen from any Derby player. I agree with most comments that he appears to have come back from his injury a yard faster, sharper and half a stone heavier. His range, his movement, his close control are mesmerizing at times He went on some runs last night that made the Hull back 4 look part time. 

Seriously Mel, instead of buying over priced journeymen, build your team round Will for next season and we wont go far wrong! 

4 hours ago, eustonstation said:

I think he's staying. He's lived in Derby since he was a tiny kid, he's got a good head on his shoulders and I think he's committed to the cause. 

We'll get one more year out of him at this level, then hopefully get promoted so he can stay with us in the Premier League too. 

But unfortunately he's a Liverpool fan always has been and if they come sniffing he'll want to leave.

24 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He was utterly unbelievable last night, one of the best single performances i have seen from any Derby player. I agree with most comments that he appears to have come back from his injury a yard faster, sharper and half a stone heavier. His range, his movement, his close control are mesmerizing at times He went on some runs last night that made the Hull back 4 look part time. 

Seriously Mel, instead of buying over priced journeymen, build your team round Will for next season and we wont go far wrong! 

But isn't that part of our problem? You build a team around a player then major injury or serious loss of form and we are banjaxed with no acceptable alternative!

I've been a fan of Chris Martin but accept that with the way we set up, if he loses form or is marked out of the game then more often than not we struggle.

Unfortunately, with our major splurge on players this seasons I think we're going to have to cut our cloth accordingly and our young Will is our only valuable asset.  As much as I'd love him to line up for his first Premier League game alongside the rest of the Derby players, I really can't see it.  £15m with a seasons loan back would be the best we could hope for...

Archived