Will Hughes

valleyram

19 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Just have a feeling he would end up like Carroll at Spurs if he moves right now. Talented but a little lightweight.

Obviously i want him here at all costs but imo he will be England class in due course. If it happens the likes of Southampton would be a good fit.

I've not read the rest of the thread Ram a Lam, so maybe someone else has mentioned this already.

Will is head and shoulders above Tom Carroll, he was already a couple of seasons ago and he definitely is now. They're on a different level. Carrol might have a the ideas but he can't execute like Will can.

I think he'd be brilliant at Premier League level where he's surrounded by better players (no disrespect to his current team mates) he probably tried a bit too hard yesterday and in better teams he'd save all that energy for his magic twinkle toe runs and his incredible range of passing.

I wouldn't be the first to say this, but his vision ever since the Villa/Sunderland friendlies set him apart from most midfielders I've seen of this generation.

Barkley, pah, Wilshere meh.

Will will go further than both of them AND he's a nice lad with it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine (an Oxford Utd fan) watched the game with her husband last night asked me who the blond kid was. She said she'd never seen a player with such ball control and who covered so much of the pitch - she was astounded when I told her he was only 21! 

I hope and pray we can persuade Will to stay at least next season because he is the best midfielder in the Championship and will go up with us. 

And another thing about Will.

He has already made the pass - the right pass too -  before I realise he's received the ball.

Too quick for my eye and brain to follow.

A true magician.

More Arsenal then Arsenal themselves.

Love him to bits, defo don't want him to leave but also would be happy to see him playing at a big club next season. It's a hard one and the worst thing would be to move to a huge club and not be playing for two season.

One thing that might hold him back though is that he's so one footed it hurts. Work on that in the summer and you've got a player who could be 1st choice of plenty of Premiership clubs (and I don't mean Sheff Wed/Hull).

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Hughes was trending on twitter last night. Not Derby County or any of those match hashtags that start off when a game is on. A lot of people were talking about him specifically and picking up on how good he's too good for the championship. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a handful of offers.

If he does go and gets played in his preferred position consistently and does amazing.. someone's going to bring up that match on Saturday in the pundits room on SKY, when he was "played in DM at Derby" with grins... and we're going to take a twitter hammering :( lol

Needs to be more clinical in the final third, not necessarily helped by some of those players around him recently.

I would like him to step into a leadership role more, for instance, when we had the final corner at the end of the game, with no Russell on the pitch, Will should be taking that. To have Camara take it, it was more than 50% chance it was going to be crap, and so it proved.

Will - show your leadership, take control, create more in the final third, and then you really do have the potential to become world class.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Needs to be more clinical in the final third, not necessarily helped by some of those players around him recently.

I would like him to step into a leadership role more, for instance, when we had the final corner at the end of the game, with no Russell on the pitch, Will should be taking that. To have Camara take it, it was more than 50% chance it was going to be crap, and so it proved.

Will - show your leadership, take control, create more in the final third, and then you really do have the potential to become world class.

I was a bit surprised nobody has commented on that last corner when the Carson had gone up. Absolutely terrible grass cutter from Camara.

Will Hughes would be an excellent signing for Leicester.

He's a top level player, no more or less. He will get absolutely nothing from playing Championship football next season, which is all we can offer him. It pains me to say that he needs to move on, but he's got to for his own good. If I was his agent and he told me he wanted to stay at Derby, I'd be ripping my hair out. I'd also be on the phone to Hodg to have a word and tell him that he can't get picked from playing Championship football. 

Love watching him oozes class. Love how he told Huddlestone to **** off and he was laughing at the Hull players most of the game. Not sure if they was trying to wind him up but he handled it brilliantly and let his football do the talking.

He must put himself first now, he is too good for this division, and he must move on or he may regret it in later years, it is plain to see he is as good and better than midfield players of his age and different nationalities in the premier league.

Be selfish young Mr Hughes, go for it.

Wherever he goes next he needs to make sure he is guaranteed playing time.

I don't see which Premier League teams he would get guaranteed playing time at.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Best English midfielder since Gazza.

eddie if anything that injury looks to have done him the world of good as he looks stronger and looks as if hes done a lot of gym work to bulk up a bit , he must be 7 stone soaking wet now ! but he has been fantastic since coming back into the side , top top player

44 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Are you Scott G? Re-assuring words but we will see...

Also I know the girl on the right! :lol:

Amazing that Mel says a few words to someone and he is the best thing since slice bread. At least I read through some of it when I met him.

Back to the Hughes thing - how on earth can people be saying he is the best midfielder, put him in the England team etc He's never even played a minute of premiship football. We have no idea how he will cope at that level.

I bet if Anthony Lockhart played for us, after some of his recent performances we'd be saying he would be the best midfielder etc - He has been killing it for Brighton recently (and against us) but hey presto, he failed in the Premiship.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability or will not become one of the best midfielders but let him prove it first.

On a final note - Tuesdays performance showed just how shocking Wassall's decision was to play him in the defensive role. That decision alone should cost him the job!

5 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Love watching him oozes class. Love how he told Huddlestone to **** off and he was laughing at the Hull players most of the game. Not sure if they was trying to wind him up but he handled it brilliantly and let his football do the talking.

Isn't this a contradiction? If he let his football do the talking he wouldn't have told Huddlestone to *** off.

Archived