Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Leave B4 alone... He's a hero... He's allowed to post without facts...

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Never let a fact get in the way of a good B4 post. Don't you know - B4 is the Zlatan of this world.

This is my problem here, if it isn't B4 posting then its frowned heavily upon, and potentially deleted/moved somewhere relevant. I posted last week about him being the forums pet, their shouldn't be double standards. Yes, I know and understand all about his learning difficulties but that shouldn't make his posts factually correct when they aren't.

I was on the old NEP forum since the near start of it, I was one of the first few posters on here before I forget my details and needed to start again. B4 is certainly a forum character but he doesn't need babying, he needs to be treated like everyone else.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

This is my problem here, if it isn't B4 posting then its frowned heavily upon, and potentially deleted/moved somewhere relevant. I posted last week about him being the forums pet, their shouldn't be double standards. Yes, I know and understand all about his learning difficulties but that shouldn't make his posts factually correct when they aren't.

I was on the old NEP forum since the near start of it, I was one of the first few posters on here before I forget my details and needed to start again. B4 is certainly a forum character but he doesn't need babying, he needs to be treated like everyone else.

Stop being such an old grouch...B4 is pretty much the only consistent positive energy in this forum... He is always supportive and reminds the rest of us how important positivity is when we're all down... The fact that sometimes his posts are a little off-kilter is nothing compared to the unbridled passion and positive energy the lad always shows...

Also

1) Don't talk about people having learning difficulties if you don't know which 'there/their/they're' to use

2) Using the word 'pet' in that manner is insulting... try 'mascot' next time... Or general legend... Because he is... B4 is our Rammie/Bucko...

3) Well done for your longevity... It means turd-all... Your opinion is worth exactly the same as anyone else...

I don't know how anyone can possibly say that they'd rather have Rawson than Hanley, he is one of the the best out an out centre halfs in the league. Rawson is still raw yet, he may be better in a few years but he certainly isn't now. He may be good enough to be the 4th centre back but I wouldn't really be comfortable with him being the 3rd centre back. It's all good doing it for Rotherham but there is far more pressure to do it here for a promotion chasing side. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Neil Warnock didn't fancy Rawson at Rotherham towards the end. That all being said I'd only make a bid for Hanley if the price was reasonable. 

42 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Stop being such an old grouch...B4 is pretty much the only consistent positive energy in this forum... He is always supportive and reminds the rest of us how important positivity is when we're all down... The fact that sometimes his posts are a little off-kilter is nothing compared to the unbridled passion and positive energy the lad always shows...

Also

1) Don't talk about people having learning difficulties if you don't know which 'there/their/they're' to use

2) Using the word 'pet' in that manner is insulting... try 'mascot' next time... Or general legend... Because he is... B4 is our Rammie/Bucko...

3) Well done for your longevity... It means turd-all... Your opinion is worth exactly the same as anyone else...

That's a bit patronising in my opinion. B4 is a Derby fan just like the rest of us and that means his posts should receive the same level of scrutiny as anyone else's. He is perfectly capable of holding his own in a forum debate and doesn't need people to chastise anyone who has the temerity to disagree with him. I agree with you on the use of the word "pet" though. That is unbelievably patronising behaviour, unbecoming of even a Burnley fan.

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don't know how anyone can possibly say that they'd rather have Rawson than Hanley, he is one of the the best out an out centre halfs in the league. Rawson is still raw yet, he may be better in a few years but he certainly isn't now. He may be good enough to be the 4th centre back but I wouldn't really be comfortable with him being the 3rd centre back. It's all good doing it for Rotherham but there is far more pressure to do it here for a promotion chasing side. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Neil Warnock didn't fancy Rawson at Rotherham towards the end. That all being said I'd only make a bid for Hanley if the price was reasonable. 

Agreed, would much rather have Hanley than chuck Rawson in at the deep end, especially with the way our fans treat a player if they have a dip in form. That being said, if Pearson is planning to play with 2 centre backs rather than 3, I don't see the need for Hanley. We've had our best defensive season in years, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people on twitter think the signing of Jesus Gamez means that Hanley won't be moving to Newcastle.

He more than likely will still be a target for Newcastle as they lost 2 senior CB's at the end of last season.

I personally would pay £4m for Hanley as he could make the step up to the prem if we were to get there. 

He could also help us get there in the first place. 

Keogh on the other hand would be horrendous in the premier league. Just look at his performance in Euro 2016. 

No where to be seen, He was hiding from the ball and never did one decent thing. 

He was that bad even Shane Duffy outshone him. 

Drop Keogh to the bench and bring in Hanley. 

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Keogh on the other hand would be horrendous in the premier league. Just look at his performance in Euro 2016. 

No where to be seen, He was hiding from the ball and never did one decent thing. 

He was that bad even Shane Duffy outshone him. 

Drop Keogh to the bench and bring in Hanley. 

Keogh was fine at the Euros. Don't know what game you were watching

Archived