Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Keogh was fine at the Euros. Don't know what game you were watching

I watched both games he was involved in. 

Italy - He never won a header against Zaza. Made rash challenges and panic'd on the ball

France - He got knocked off the ball for the 2nd goal that put them behind and never looked in the game, Looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Some people on twitter think the signing of Jesus Gamez means that Hanley won't be moving to Newcastle.

He more than likely will still be a target for Newcastle as they lost 2 senior CB's at the end of last season.

I personally would pay £4m for Hanley as he could make the step up to the prem if we were to get there. 

He could also help us get there in the first place. 

Keogh on the other hand would be horrendous in the premier league. Just look at his performance in Euro 2016. 

No where to be seen, He was hiding from the ball and never did one decent thing. 

He was that bad even Shane Duffy outshone him. 

Drop Keogh to the bench and bring in Hanley. 

Yeah Keogh did nothing in his 2 games where Ireland had a minority of possession therefore we should drop him and buy Hanley.

Of course that's only nothing by an average Derby fan watching Keogh stand point, and not a "real" nothing. Because the player who had the most Interceptions and Clearances over those 2 games, with an 81% pass completion, winning 4 FKs etc. did something.

He was by no means great, but then it was difficult for anyone in the Ireland side to be (you'll remember he wasn't played for the games where they had a decent chance in Sweden and Hungary, of course the 90 minutes in a win over Italy should be mentioned) but to say he did nothing is just an admission of your failing eyesight.

10 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Some people on twitter think the signing of Jesus Gamez means that Hanley won't be moving to Newcastle.

He more than likely will still be a target for Newcastle as they lost 2 senior CB's at the end of last season.

I personally would pay £4m for Hanley as he could make the step up to the prem if we were to get there. 

He could also help us get there in the first place. 

Keogh on the other hand would be horrendous in the premier league. Just look at his performance in Euro 2016. 

No where to be seen, He was hiding from the ball and never did one decent thing. 

He was that bad even Shane Duffy outshone him. 

Drop Keogh to the bench and bring in Hanley. 

So horrendous he helped Ireland to a clean sheet against Italy and kept Clark and O' Shea out of the match against France and kept Giroud quiet for most of the match?

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Keogh was fine at the Euros. Don't know what game you were watching

Italy - He never won a header against Zaza. Made rash challenges and panic'd on the ball

France - He got knocked off the ball for the 2nd goal that put them behind and never looked in the game, Looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

So you've written off Keogh because of a couple of mistakes against some of the best players in the world, but would trust Hanley to make the step up to the Prem after some decent performances in the Championship?

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Jesus Gamez is a right back/left back. His transfer won't affect Newcastle's pursuit of Hanley whatsoever

Pretty sure he's left back? 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

He was cracking against Italy and Shane Duffy was the poorer defender against France. If O'Neil and Keane thought his performance against Italy was good enough to play against France then I'd rather take there opinions over yours tbh.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah Keogh did nothing in his 2 games where Ireland had a minority of possession therefore we should drop him and buy Hanley.

Of course that's only nothing by an average Derby fan watching Keogh stand point, and not a "real" nothing. Because the player who had the most Interceptions and Clearances over those 2 games, with an 81% pass completion, winning 4 FKs etc. did something.

He was by no means great, but then it was difficult for anyone in the Ireland side to be (you'll remember he wasn't played for the games where they had a decent chance in Sweden and Hungary, of course the 90 minutes in a win over Italy should be mentioned) but to say he did nothing is just an admission of your failing eyesight.

Let's be honest.

Keogh has given it a good go to get us promoted but in the end he has failed as our captain.

How he is still the captain is beyond me. 

He needs to be replaced. he makes too many mistakes, He is too rash in his challenges. ESPECIALLY his blocking ability.

Every single time we concede a goal he's on his arse.

He needs to go. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Let's be honest.

Keogh has given it a good go to get us promoted but in the end he has failed as our captain.

He needs to be replaced. he makes too many mistakes, He is too rash in his challenges. ESPECIALLY his blocking ability.

He needs to go. 

No you need to go. 

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

So horrendous he helped Ireland to a clean sheet against Italy and kept Clark and O' Shea out of the match against nFrance and kept Giroud quiet for most of the match?

Not being funny but Giroud can keep himself quiet most games

Let's be honest.

He needs to go. 

Clough, McClaren, Clement, Wassall, O'Neil all rate him. The Derby fans rate him as he has been our player of the season 2 times. Maybe you are in the wrong?

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Pretty sure he's left back? 

No he is a right back but filled in sometimes for Atletico at left back. Very solid player, he is probably automatically the best full back in the championship. I'm shocked that he went to Newcastle because he is good enough to be a starter in a mid to upper premier league team but it shows what money can do for you. 

Let's be honest.

He needs to go. 

I didn't know Pearson had announced his captain yet?

EVERY time we concede he is on his arse? Talk about hyperbole, is that because your argument is weak and based on what other people put on twitter?

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Let's be honest.

He needs to go. 

Ive had this debate on here with lots of people, I've won, but it's a time consuming debate and seeing as we have multiple pieces of evidence that you talk completely out of your arse I'm not going to bother. 

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Struggled against Graziano Pelle and Olivier Giroud?

So did Matts Hummels? Haha

Just now, McLovin said:

No he is a right back but filled in sometimes for Atletico at left back. Very solid player, he is probably automatically the best full back in the championship. I'm shocked that he went to Newcastle because he is good enough to be a starter in a mid to upper premier league team but it shows what money can do for you. 

Oh okay thanks. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Struggled against Graziano Pelle and Olivier Giroud?

So did Matts Hummels? Haha

Just to play devil's advocate Hummels had Pelle in his back pocket, it was only a silly Boateng handball which Italy scored from and Hummels was suspended for Germany last night so didn't play against Giroud

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Let's be honest.

He needs to go. 

Are you sure you're a Derby fan? Cause all I've seen you do on here and on twitter is make up rumours that could potentially hurt the club and then bash one of our best players from the last few years and say we need to swap him for a player who plays for a poor side in the same league and hasn't really done anything of any note. On top of that you find a way to fall out with 90% of Derby's fans. Stuff like this helps no one. Give it rest.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Let's be honest.

He needs to go. 

Huh? You're talking about the reigning player of the year, winning all three poty votes. 

Someone much smarter than me once told me that if your view is so far out of step with everyone else's, it's time to start questioning your own views.

Archived