Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

24 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Not being funny but Giroud can keep himself quiet most games

Yet is the first choice striker for the team in the final and joint 2nd top scorer? Is Arsenal's top scorer for the last 3 or so seasons, scored 50 league goals for Arsenal quicker than Wright, Bergkamp and Henry?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just to play devil's advocate Hummels had Pelle in his back pocket, it was only a silly Boateng handball which Italy scored from and Hummels was suspended for Germany last night so didn't play against Giroud

I didn't think he did personally, but that aside, I hope you see my point that Keogh struggling against two world-class strikers on the international stage is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Keogh may make mistakes but name me a defender who doesn't apart from the very best in the world? The error prone John Stones is valued at 50 million and I'd say Keogh is a better defender than him taking my rams tinted glasses off. Keogh's influence isn't just on the pitch but off the pitch as well and leads as example. You never see Keogh in the news for the bad reasons like some other players in our team :whistle: 

4 minutes ago, BartonRam said:

Are you sure you're a Derby fan? Cause all I've seen you do on here and on twitter is make up rumours that could potentially hurt the club and then bash one of our best players from the last few years and say we need to swap him for a player who plays for a poor side in the same league and hasn't really done anything of any note. On top of that you find a way to fall out with 90% of Derby's fans. Stuff like this helps no one. Give it rest.

You got me.

I'm actually a forest fan:whistle:

Wouldn't say that Giroud and Pelle are world class personally matey. They're decent premier league strikers but I wouldn't say anything above that. They aren't in the top 20 strikers in the world. That's getting away from the issue though, even if Keogh did struggle against Giroud and Pelle then there is nothing to be ashamed of there but he didn't struggle against them so there is no problem.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wouldn't say that Giroud and Pelle are world class personally matey. They're decent premier league strikers but I wouldn't say anything above that. They aren't in the top 20 strikers in the world. That's getting away from the issue though, even if Keogh did struggle against Giroud and Pelle then there is nothing to be ashamed of there but he didn't struggle against them so there is no problem.

The definition of world class seems to have changed these days. Does it mean top 10 in the world for their position now then? Playing in a major international tourny at the semi finals must make you world class. You're performing on the world stage. They aren't in the top 10 or maybe 20 but they are still very high level.

Just now, Srg said:

Oh that's an easy one...

Very little. About anything.

Was going to say left himself wide open for the little/nothing reply. Worse mistake than anything Keogh has ever done :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I would play Rawson over Keogh.

Looks quality at this level.

But hey ho. 

What do i know.

Has Keogh slept with your sister or something? :lol:

Rawson played decent in a handful of games for Rotherham, then was dropped when Warnock came in. Meanwhile, Keogh has won 2 POTY awards at Derby, has been the 1st choice CB under the past 4 managers, is a regular for his country and was a key part in helping the team have 1 of their best defensive records in recent memory.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

The definition of world class seems to have changed these days. Does it mean top 10 in the world for their position now then? Playing in a major international tourny at the semi finals must make you world class. You're performing on the world stage. They aren't in the top 10 or maybe 20 but they are still very high level.

People have different criterias. Sir Alex Ferguson said that the only world class players are Ronaldo and Messi. I personally think that to be world class you have to be in the top 5 players in a particular position. I wouldn't even say someone like Aubameyang, who scored 40 odd goals for Dortmund last season is world class because there are at least 5 better strikers than him. Just because you're playing in a major tournament and in the semi finals doesn't make you world class. Hal Robson Kanu made it to the semi finals with Wales but he is a free agent.

3 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Keogh is a joke defender. End of debate. 

I don't get this hatred for Keogh to be honest. It wasn't that long ago we had Russell 'always injured' Anderson playing & Dean Leacock. For every one mistake Keogh makes the past defenders have made 10 times more. Plus our defence has only improved since Keogh arrived. If we have to spend 5/6 million to improve on him what does that say about his value?

8 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Your opinion.

To have a debate you have to have more than one contesting that argument. As you have ended your side with out explanation I guess the Pro-Keogh side has won.

14 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Why didn't you share this before!? Where were you when we've had these debates in the past, dazzling us with your beacon of knowledge and bestowing your wisdom upon the forum?

I'd lock the thread after this comment, but then there's a danger of the thread sinking down the forum and people missing what is, without doubt, the final and conclusive say in this debate.

What has Keogh got to do with all this? Hanley plays as a left sided centre half. If he comes he'll be a replacement for Shackell or play with Shackell and Keogh in a back three.

I'd say that £5m is the going rate for a 24 year old, full international centre back with bags of Championship experience. If we want that type of player, that is what we'll have to spend. I'm not sure we have that much available though, so I'd doubt we'll be buying Hanley anyway.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Let's be honest.

Keogh has given it a good go to get us promoted but in the end he has failed as our captain.

How he is still the captain is beyond me. 

He needs to be replaced. he makes too many mistakes, He is too rash in his challenges. ESPECIALLY his blocking ability.

Every single time we concede a goal he's on his arse.

He needs to go. 

He just cleaned up every POTY award two months ago, and has been playing international tournament football this summer.

Your opinion is ill-considered, juvenile, and frankly rather silly.

Archived