Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Looking at some of these valuations makes me think we should hold out on Hendrick for a much bigger fee. 

8 hours ago, Dcfc10 said:

The british market's gone mad no hope for smaller clubs anymore.

I'd have bought that 6 months ago. I'd probably even have posted it.

Now lestah have forced me to think again.

There's so much money out there, that players value has become a function of how many clubs want him and which clubs they are. Two or more of the right sort of club after a player and it goes ridiculous. If you can avoid the madness, and be canny, this leaves a lot of money sloshing around to tempt unheralded players. Not the super fees, but the value is there. There's a case that this type of fee has in one sense levelled the pitch.

Or maybe i've been on the vino too hard.

On 7/19/2016 at 08:24, RamsPolls said:

Blackburn want £7.5m for Hanley.

day light robbery, not worth anymore than £4m.

Fantastic in the know insight once more from you....

8 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Agreed £5.5 million move to Newcastle pending medical.

12 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Simples. Sell him and use the money to buy Captain Hanley, as real two in one player and very good value at £8m.

I'm just glad you're not in charge of Mels purse strings. 8mil lol and agreed at 5.5mil. Are you Harry Redknap in disguise?!?! ?

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Fantastic in the know insight once more from you....

36 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Why do you make stuff up?

Oh god... I feel slightly sick... I'm actually going to defend @RamsPolls... Which is an unpleasant experience...

To be fair... He stated that Blackburn WANT £7.5m... Not that they were going to GET that... They aren't a very financially stable club...

37 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm just glad you're not in charge of Mels purse strings. 8mil lol and agreed at 5.5mil. Are you Harry Redknap in disguise?!?! ?

A bit of a puzzle you are matey.

More like Frank Sidebottom really.

If we sell our Irish yobbo then we could buy GH with cash to spare. Simples my man. Then we get a stalwart defender AND  proper captain to boot. And at only 24 years age. Proper real basty nastard. 

Brian Clough's motto was to  "Build from the back." And it worked every time. So there smarty pants.

What do you think Larry Lloyd and Kenny Burns were, ffs?

Ho yes and he got Peter Shilton too. We only got him when he was working for Timberland.   

This is precisely why the sheisters at NFFC won so much more than DCFC, as history shows. Reckon BC learned from the school of hard knocks at LUFC.

Yes, I know it sticks in our craw. But if we if we don't change or chronic Corinthian mindset, we will inevitably get the same result.... repeated failure.  

You CANNOT argue with the history books people. Guess what? What happened, actually happened.

PS. Most of Dave Mackay's team were from Clough's time. He just embellished it and was the Claudio Ranieri of his time. 

31 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Oh god... I feel slightly sick... I'm actually going to defend @RamsPolls... Which is an unpleasant experience...

To be fair... He stated that Blackburn WANT £7.5m... Not that they were going to GET that... They aren't a very financially stable club...

Yes, looks like they did originally want 7.5 million but they know they're not going to get that.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whatever we got over and above from the JH sale would be gash, thank you very much.

Maybe buy a better goalie??

Right now, Hanley is on a plate for us but it wont last long as PL clubs regard this as spare change, merely to buy a bench warmer. Mark my words.

He could be our Captain for a long time and built in NP's gritty homage as a player too. Perfect. With his full potential yet to be seen under the expert guidance of our excellent coaching staff.

Plus he can beat the poo out of the underperforming dross in the showers.

You read it here first !!!!!! 

Archived