Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Love all the comments about us not having a manager. People have decided that Wass has to go and it's now a foregone conclusion. People know all the answers on here, don't they? 

have you not seen a fan forum before?

4 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Give over. They still deliver mail with a cleft stick in Gainsborough

(I'm going to look an arse if @GboroRam is from Greensboro)

We need centre-halves like Dawson and Davies. Do the easy things right, can defend a set-piece, position themselves well.

Hanley's always seemed like that kind of defender to me. Definitely moreso than Keogh and Shackell.

36 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

It's the genuine confusion from people that there's transfer rumours when we've not got a manager lined up. I was wondering if we'd sacked him for a second, until I remembered that this is Derby fans we're talking about! 

No manager yet in place and already looking to sign players for inflated fees.... there was a time when I dreamt of us just splashing money on players.. now I'm worried every time we're linked with a player. 

Forest tried the same route and look where they are now 

We only have Shackell, Keogh, Buxton Shotton, Pearce, Albentosa, Rawson in that position!

Could see Keogh going in the summer, especially if he has a half decent Euros. Also, any of Buxton, Shotton, Albentosa and Pearce have to be looking at alternative employment, if they want regular games.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Clough will be looking for players now. Bucko to be Captain of Burton?

Lee Naylor was a great signing for him.

Some U21 releases may go to Burton, Championship side after all.

I guess you mean Tom Naylor? Lee Naylor was the 98 year old LB that Steve Mac signed from Accrington Stanley.

if the team is set up properly we dont need a new CB, keogh and Shackell are good in the right team of players aroujnd them. yes that does include central midfielders who are defensively disciplined too.

It makes me want to cry when people are blaiming shackell for not being able to be a ball playing centre half. He'd have got promoted with Burnley this year, they dont need ball playijng centre halves... they have wingers who actually go past people and they have pace upfront.

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

if the team is set up properly we dont need a new CB, keogh and Shackell are good in the right team of players aroujnd them. yes that does include central midfielders who are defensively disciplined too.

It makes me want to cry when people are blaiming shackell for not being able to be a ball playing centre half. He'd have got promoted with Burnley this year, they dont need ball playijng centre halves... they have wingers who actually go past people and they have pace upfront.

I disagree with you sadly. Whilst they look good against your average Championship team, they both look shaky against the better teams in my opinion.

I don't blame Shackell for not being ball playing as I am of the belief that being a defender is more important. I do however blame him for poor decision making, and his lack of composure, culminating in the airshot/swipe (after Bradley Johnson's poor touch) which led to Hull's first goal. It was wimpy and lacked commitment. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I disagree with you sadly. Whilst they look good against your average Championship team, they both look shaky against the better teams in my opinion.

I don't blame Shackell for not being ball playing as I am of the belief that being a defender is more important. I do however blame him for poor decision making, and his lack of composure, culminating in the airshot/swipe (after Bradley Johnson's poor touch) which led to Hull's first goal. It was wimpy and lacked commitment. 

followed by turning his back on a shot. A defenders cardinal sin I think.

39 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

followed by turning his back on a shot. A defenders cardinal sin I think.

the myth about Shackell is that he's brave cos he gets blocks in, when in reality, he's just decent at reading the game and getting his position right. Bravery and commitment is lacking.

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the myth about Shackell is that he's brave cos he gets blocks in, when in reality, he's just decent at reading the game and getting his position right. Bravery and commitment is lacking.

If he's reading the game right and getting into the right positions, why does he need to be brave? I've never seen him once be cowardly or shy away from a challenge, in my eyes, he's doing his job perfectly and is the best defender we have at the club.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

If he's reading the game right and getting into the right positions, why does he need to be brave? I've never seen him once be cowardly or shy away from a challenge, in my eyes, he's doing his job perfectly and is the best defender we have at the club.

did you not see Hull's first goal on Saturday?

Being the best defender at the club doesn't mean he's good enough to get promoted though does it? I'm the best defender in my back garden when playing football with my 11 year old godson lol!

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

did you not see Hull's first goal on Saturday?

Being the best defender at the club doesn't mean he's good enough to get promoted though does it? I'm the best defender in my back garden when playing football with my 11 year old godson lol!

I bet your not .:ph34r:

Archived