Pick the team for the second leg.

So what team would you play on Tuesday night?

Do you give the players from today another chance to prove themselves in a big game or use the squad to give them the chance to stake a claim for next season?

I would go with the following:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Weimann  Hughes Bryson Russell

Bent Blackman

Score in the first 20 minutes and we have something to play for...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would 100% take the u21's up and give them a run out, the tie is dead and buried. I would tell the first team to f**k off after today's performance and make them sit in the stands to watch. Show them what desire and energy look like 

Carson

Christie Keogh Shacks Olsson  

Buxton

Bryson  Hughes

Ince

Bent    Martin

1 minute ago, BarrowRam said:

I don't  think Wassall will change it. He hasn't got the bottle to do it.

Change it to what? I would have thought today's team was within 1 or 2 selections of being our best team. 

1 hour ago, CheltenhamRam said:

I don't care what we put out as long as it doesn't resemble today's mess 

People cussing Martin out need to look at the  role he's been asked to play and the amount of support he's getting in trying to deliver that 

People have always said we need Martin in the team as he holds the ball up and allows runners to join him, I haven't seen any of that of late. The last few months he has been using that god awful move where he takes the ball on his chest and moves the ball on with a flick of the shoulder. Problem is he is just putting the ball into areas where there are no runners or giving the ball straight to the opposition.

Seeing as the rest of the squad seem to revert to long ball to Martin with 20mins of kick off I would prefer to see him control the ball dead on his chest and then move the ball on with his feet. This should give players time to make ground and support and it should help draw the fouls that he is so desperate to claim each match. 

Obviously it would just be better if players passed to his feet but hey, they don't.

5 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Carson

Christie Rawson Buxton Olsson

Butterfield Hughes Bryson

Blackman Weimann Camara

On what basis is this your selection ? Not being rude but you've obviously opted to make drastic changes to the 11 so why keep Christie in ? Why keep hughes in the holding role ? And have you ever seen anything from Camara that warrants a start ? 

Martins record is there for all to see , but I would like a throw of the dice and go for something unexpected , on that score I would forget Martin and Bent and give two guys the chance to play in their obvious positions Blackman and Weimann upfront in a 4-4-2

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shacks Olsson  

Buxton

Bryson  Hughes

Ince

Bent    Martin

Buxton as DM?! Really?! Wow...

2 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Only missing Thorne and Forsyth, with Johnson and Ollson dropping to bench it was his best available.

I would have picked Butterfield ahead of Johnson. Other than that I would have picked the  same team. 

Archived