Pick the team for the second leg.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ramitupper said:

To be honest, Keogh has always scared me with the ball at his feet, or if he's tackling a player in the box. I've tried to like him, but just can't. I don't know why. I like him when he makes those foraging runs forward through the middle. Shackell - I really thought he was a great move when we were trying to sign him. But he's disappointed me big time. I love that he can head a ball, but he just can't pass the fricking thing. Call me greedy, but I want both. Rawson has both. I think. And I'd like to see him in the team. Our defence just hasn't worked this year and we were lucky not to have conceded way more than we have. I've seen enough of DCFC over the years to know that it's impossible for us to turn this tie around. When the pressure's on, we never fail to disappoint. So yeah, I'd like to see all these players who have consistently under-performed and especially in big games - dropped. Having faith in the same team to turn things around? Nope. I have none. Up the new Rams!

Have you seen Rawson play? I would imagine the answer is no if you seriously think he is anywhere near the level of Keogh and Shackell. 

From the matchday thread:

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Carson

Christie     Keogh      Shackell      Olsson

Bryson        Hughes

Ince       Martin      Bent      Camara

Subs: Grant Bucko Butterfield Hendrick Weimann Blackman Russell

Desperate times... This isn't a team Bruce will expect or be set up for. We've hardly seen anything of Camara at all, yet he is lightning fast and will get to the bye-line and whip balls in. These are the sorts of crosses Bent particularly benefits from. This lineup enables us to attack with guile sometimes and pace at others, making it difficult for the Hull defence to know whetther to press or drop off.

It's a gamble playing two in midfield, but Hughes and Bryson operate well together and can help unlock a defence in different ways. We don't have Thorne and we can't adequately replace him, so why not stop trying? Instead focus on hurting our opponents rather than waste a player such as Hughes in that position.

No place for Johnson. I had thought the team on Saturday picked itself, but Wassall picked a different one, bringing a player who'd missed seven games (IIRC) straight back into the lineup at the expense of a fit £5m (apparently!) midfielder on the bench. Not surprisingly it backfired. Johnson is the player in the squad with by far the least technical ability and I would quietly leave him out on the understandable basis he isn't able to play 2 games in 3 days after such a long lay-off.

20 minutes ago, sage said:

Have you seen Rawson play? I would imagine the answer is no if you seriously think he is anywhere near the level of Keogh and Shackell. 

Nope but I'd like to. He played in Rotherham's 2-0 victory over hull behind a 5-man midfield can use his head and his feet and would probably play his heart out for the team given the chance. That's good enough for me :) Like I said, I see this as a nothing game now and I'm looking for players that give 100%, haven't seen much of that lately.

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Carson

Christie    Keogh     Shackell     Olsson

Russell     Bryson     Hughes     Camara

Weimann     Camara 

Lots of pace? trial something new because the tie is dead and buried

Camara x2 certainly would mean a lot of pace.

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Carson

Christie    Keogh     Shackell     Olsson

Russell     Bryson     Hughes     Camara

Weimann     Camara 

Lots of pace? trial something new because the tie is dead and buried

Putting the same player on the team-sheet twice? Hi Paul, how are you doing? Good luck at Bayern next season!

4 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Camara x2 certainly would mean a lot of pace.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Putting the same player on the team-sheet twice? Hi Paul, how are you doing? Good luck at Bayern next season!

Weimann and Blackman/Bent up front rather than Camara haha

20 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Picking johnson was an error but i think the tactics employed were a greater one.

The previous time we played Hull, Johnson dominated midfield and scored two goals.

Easy to pick fault with the benefit of hindsignt though, isn't it?

I don't think it really matters if I'm to be totally honest, the damage has already been done.

Our only chance would be a repeat of last Friday's game at Hillsborough. But this time it's Hull who lose four of their best players to injuries with 30 minutes of the game to go, & we'd already managed to get one goal back.

But then again I always did have a rather wild imagination ?????

49 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Nope but I'd like to. He played in Rotherham's 2-0 victory over hull behind a 5-man midfield can use his head and his feet and would probably play his heart out for the team given the chance. That's good enough for me :) Like I said, I see this as a nothing game now and I'm looking for players that give 100%, haven't seen much of that lately.

So you are extolling the virtues of a player you have never seen him play ans comparing his abilities to others.

Carry on. 

Carson 

Christie Keogh Shack Olsson

Johnson 

Bryson Hughes

Ince

Bent Martin

I really don't see the point in just going down drawing 0-0 or losing 1-0, lets go there with the intent of smashing em, all out attack, I'd sooner have a 5-4 defeat and go down swinging. 

That saturday was shameful. 

PistoldPete2

I think we should rest our best players in case they get injured with a big game at Wembley coming up. 

PistoldPete2

Carson christie Keogh shackell Olsson hughes  bryson butterfield martin ince russell subs grant bucko Hendrick weimann camara bent Blackman 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The previous time we played Hull, Johnson dominated midfield and scored two goals.

Easy to pick fault with the benefit of hindsignt though, isn't it?

Not really - he wasn't fit.

Also playing hughes in the holding role seems to make little sense to me.

(No hindsight required there.)

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I'd put a DCFC fans Forum XI out. Game would attract global interest from a purely car crash entertainment point of view plus Steve Bruce actually could but himself in goals... 

Im thinking...

1 - Boycie

2 - Eddie

3 - Sissy

4 - Utch

5 - Sage

6 - McLooooovin

7 - Curtains

8 - Daveo ( capt)

9 - B4

10 - Dimmu

11 - Bris

12 - Steve Brummie

13 - Carl Sagan

14 - Mackworth

Manager

StockholmRam

Physios

Mrs and Lady Ram

Its rolling subs too. On and off when you want. And no matter what the score is at 89 mins on aggregate it's still next goal wins.

I'd take my place in physio's room with the women. Just a thought of playing football makes me injured...

21 hours ago, sage said:

Change it to what? I would have thought today's team was within 1 or 2 selections of being our best team. 

Totally agree..JB for BJ personally but that was our best team. Except that was our best team to be solid and win maybe 1-0. ! Not our best team to surprise them and somehow create a hateful of  chances. I'd go for Weimann in front two. ..probably be terrible but may be a miracle!

Archived