Derby County v Hull City

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anon said:

Bryson got played out of position on the right quite often by Clough. It wasn't particularly effective. The very fact that you'd even consider putting Blackman up top should lead to you being committed.

But wasn't Blackman signed as a striker? And he's never been selected to play there since he came to Derby has he? At least not with any regularity. All I know is I've seen enough decent quality football from decent quality teams over recent years at the KC to suggest that a player like Martin will be made to look bang average. The likes of Dawson and Curtis are afraid of out and out pace, not size and weight. He offers you very little up front from what I've seen of your frequent love TV appearances and the odd live game.

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Great day yesterday. Was running late, got stuck in traffic, couldn't park, that game, parking ticket for me but not lots of similar offenders.

Bit bored of the cliched moan of our players didn't try/didn't want it. It didn't happen for us in a big way, but why do people read that as not caring?

Lots of people moaning that we were hoofing it up to Martin. In the early part of the game, I thought Martin was winning lots vs Dawson and Davis, even getting Dawson (very harshly) booked. Hull were great at stopping our normal play, so think we should have started hoofing it a bit more. That's proper hoofing, not high chipped passing.

We needed Hughes at CDM as he can look to control the game. We also need him in the advance position as he is the only one who can makes things happen there (see early on when he almost got Johnson in after some neat play). We need Thorne, Hughes and Martin all fit to beat good teams. We imploded last season as Thorne, Eustace and Omar all got injured, plus obviously Martin. Some poor recruitment means we still only have Hanson as backup for Thorne and no one for Martin.

Hull were also excellent yesterday. Livermore and Hudds were great in the Prem season before last. Diame won games for West Ham by himself. Right back looked great player. Defence is solid. As Bris enjoyed saying, best team in the league on their day. And yesterday was their day. I hope they go up to give us a better chance next season.

Very little chance of us going through, but no fear can be occasionally a dangerous thing. They have been inconsistent. If we mix things up and get an earlyish goal we could yet scare them.

Fair post riot, but you seem to be making Waffles mistake of overlooking some members of the squad. You suggest WH is the only one who can play the advance midfield role to unlock defences and you've got Butterfield on the bench. WTFs that all about. IMO he's a better all round footballer than Hughes, FULLY fit FFS! And a proven regular scorer from the edge of the box as well as provider. I laughed my c**k off when I saw him named as a sub and BJ starting. You had 3 not fully firing midfielders, one of whom has been crap most of the season and missing with injury in the last few games, and still you left your BEST footballer (who scored 2at the KC by the way on the sidelines. It was no surprise to me that the your best phase of the game was for 20 minutes in the 2nd half straight after he came on. Sell him to Brucey before the start of our Premiership return and he'll show you lot how to use him. Same for Weimann by the way. He didn't come to you as a crap player, you just turned him into one!!

7 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Fair post riot, but you seem to be making Waffles mistake of overlooking some members of the squad. You suggest WH is the only one who can play the advance midfield role to unlock defences and you've got Butterfield on the bench. WTFs that all about. IMO he's a better all round footballer than Hughes, FULLY fit FFS! And a proven regular scorer from the edge of the box as well as provider. I laughed my c**k off when I saw him named as a sub and BJ starting. You had 3 not fully firing midfielders, one of whom has been crap most of the season and missing with injury in the last few games, and still you left your BEST footballer (who scored 2at the KC by the way on the sidelines. It was no surprise to me that the your best phase of the game was for 20 minutes in the 2nd half straight after he came on. Sell him to Brucey before the start of our Premiership return and he'll show you lot how to use him. Same for Weimann by the way. He didn't come to you as a crap player, you just turned him into one!!

What on earth are you talking about? Butterfield's introduction made no impact on the game at all. As for him being a better all round player than Hughes, you really haven't got a clue. If "Brucey" wants to buy Butterfield I'd be happy to sell and the same goes for Weimann.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Thanks for your thoughts... I think my own preference for Johnson in midfield was not because of his previous game v Hull, but because of Thornes injury. A midfield of Bryson Hughes and Butterfield is too lightweight. But as it turned out Johnson was terrible either not fit or back to being hopelessly out of form.   Weve had real fitness problems in midfield  Thorne and his direct replacement Hanson injured, Hughes and Bryson only just getting back from injury, and Johnson and Hendrick also missing until Saturday. Carrying too may injuries for too long and it showed big time. But that doesnt excuse the failing elsewhere we had problems all over the pitch an dtime for a rebuild in the summer .  

Fair point pistol, but IMO when you're up against big (but skillful) players like Huddlestone, Livermore and Diame in midfield, then surely the trick is not to try and match it but get around it. They are not the most mobile ( particularly Huddlestone who needs a ring road to turn round rather than a sixpence!) I bet Javi, Iniesta and Messi would have dealt with them. You have quick skilful players available to your midfield, but you overlook them or you play them out of position. Starting with a 4-1-4-1 with Hughes out of position, Butterfield on the bench and an unfit out of form Johnson starting was suicide. I've said it earlier but a flat 4 midfield with JB starting ahead of BJ would have given you far more mobility and speed than us and far more options going forward. Trust your defenders to defend and have a bit more ambition. If Brucey said to Dawson I'm gonna put Livermore just in front of you and Davis to protect you he would tell him to f*** off and let me do my job. Protecting Keogh and Shackell with a out of position and impotent Hughes just added to the confusion, helped create our first goal, and left you with nowt going forward. Madness and p*** poor management. The difference out there was Bruce v Waffle, and your man came up way short!! 

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

What on earth are you talking about? Butterfield's introduction made no impact on the game at all. As for him being a better all round player than Hughes, you really haven't got a clue. If "Brucey" wants to buy Butterfield I'd be happy to sell and the same goes for Weimann.

At least he increased your shots on target by 100%. Not his best but FFS, at least give us a game. Watch it again (if you can) it was the only period that you kept any possession and put us under any pressure whatsoever. Clearly you are a footballing maestro along the lines of your manager! Are you Waffle in disguise???? Go back to your posts during the transfer window at the beginning of the season. Your signings were apparently astute, ambitious and laid down a marker for the rest of the championship. All of them stand out performers at their respective clubs. You've just turned good footballers into crap or worse still totally overlooked them. I bet if you swapped Steve Bruce for Daz Waffle you'd be going up automatically and we'd have Hernandez at left back and Livermore bringing the water bottles on!!! ! You bordering on being a bellend!

11 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

At least he increased your shots on target by 100%. Not his best but FFS, at least give us a game. Watch it again (if you can) it was the only period that you kept any possession and put us under any pressure whatsoever. Clearly you are a footballing maestro along the lines of your manager! Are you Waffle in disguise???? Go back to your posts during the transfer window at the beginning of the season. Your signings were apparently astute, ambitious and laid down a marker for the rest of the championship. All of them stand out performers at their respective clubs. You've just turned good footballers into crap or worse still totally overlooked them. I bet if you swapped Steve Bruce for Daz Waffle you'd be going up automatically and we'd have Hernandez at left back and Livermore bringing the water bottles on!!! ! You bordering on being a bellend!

Oh no, I wouldn't want to come across as a bellend. How ever could I live with myself? Far from bordering on being anything you are an arrogant toerag who apparently has the temerity to tell Derby fans who've watched these players week in week out all season who should be playing where and doing what based on three games and a few highlight reels. You're deluded if you believe you were under any pressure at any point during the second half. We had a good 20 minute spell and that was from the kick off before you scored, but by all means continue lying through your teeth in order to support your half baked opinions.

17 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

Anyone else think Archibald deacon is a closet ram?

God damn it! You've rumbled me!! Born in Hull, life long Hull fan, moved to live and work in Derby recently with a couple of DC fans as friends. So adopted as a bit of a second club and genuinely want them to do well. I get to the odd game at both Hull and Derby so very mixed feelings yesterday but naturally on the Tigers side of the fence. So any comments from me are with good intentions. You may notice by the way I was massively absent after the 4 nil stuffing we copped for at your place! 

11 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Alright mate no one likes a smug ****

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Oh no, I wouldn't want to come across as a bellend. How ever could I live with myself? Far from bordering on being anything you are an arrogant toerag who apparently has the temerity to tell Derby fans who've watched these players week in week out all season who should be playing where and doing what based on two games and a few highlight reels. You're deluded if you believe you were under any pressure at any point during the second half. We had a good 20 minute spell and that was from the kick off before you scored, but by all means continue lying through your teeth in order to support your half baked opinions.

I stand both corrected and in humiliation with my tail firmly between my legs Anon. And I apologise for the bellend accusation.  Clearly you're a c**k! I'll just leave you with this........we're off to Wembley....and you're not!! That just happened!!!

1 minute ago, The Arch Deacon said:

I stand both corrected and in humiliation with my tail firmly between my legs Anon. And I apologise for the bellend accusation.  Clearly you're a c**k! I'll just leave you with this........we're off to Wembley....and you're not!! That just happened!!!

Good luck in the play off final. Maybe you should head over to Owlstalk and tell them how, in your expert opinion, Nuhiu is so much better than Forestieri.

NRhTp24.png

5 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

Alright mate no one likes a smug ****

Go back to the forum just after your 4 nil demolition of Hull at your place, and then in the lead up to yesterday's game. I'll show you smug!!!! But fair point. I'm just suffering from that morning after feeling when something special happened and all is good in the world! Christ! I even took the wife a cup of tea in bed and told her I loved her! Soon things will return to normal, I'll disappear from your forum and go back to telling the wife she needs her top lip waxing! Until then......COOOOOMMMMMEEEE     OOOONNNNNN     UUUUUUUU.     UUUUUULLLLLLL!!!!

23 minutes ago, Anon said:

Oh no, I wouldn't want to come across as a bellend. How ever could I live with myself? Far from bordering on being anything you are an arrogant toerag who apparently has the temerity to tell Derby fans who've watched these players week in week out all season who should be playing where and doing what based on three games and a few highlight reels. You're deluded if you believe you were under any pressure at any point during the second half. We had a good 20 minute spell and that was from the kick off before you scored, but by all means continue lying through your teeth in order to support your half baked opinions.

Oh......and by the way......Wassell also watches Derby week in and week out, plus training sessions, video relays etc..etc.. But you seem to have the right to criticise his selection. It's called football and it's having an opinion. That's all it is. But can I just say, I've not heard the term toerag and used the word temerity for several years now. I shall duly note them and use them in future conversations.

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Good luck in the play off final. Maybe you should head over to Owlstalk and tell them how, in your expert opinion, Nuhiu is so much better than Forestieri.

NRhTp24.png

What a good idea, hadn't thought of that! I'm off.....see ya! 

For your info by the way, I think we'll get done by the Wendies at Wembley, with Forestieri being the difference. We'll see.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

But wasn't Blackman signed as a striker? And he's never been selected to play there since he came to Derby has he? At least not with any regularity. All I know is I've seen enough decent quality football from decent quality teams over recent years at the KC to suggest that a player like Martin will be made to look bang average. The likes of Dawson and Curtis are afraid of out and out pace, not size and weight. He offers you very little up front from what I've seen of your frequent love TV appearances and the odd live game.

Im afraid anyone who sees only the live TV games will get a very distorted view of Derby...it quite a regular chant from the away fans now.. **** on th etelly, your always **** on the telly. Saturday obviously a very good example. 

28 minutes ago, Brian Clough's Sponge Cake said:

Not sure why we'd notice your absence ArchD. Perhaps at the time of your 4-0 drubbing you were more inclined to go away and lick your wounds in peace. I mean the last thing you would have wanted is to come on here and have to suffer some smug idiot rubbing your nose in how abysmal your team's performance was the day before!!

See my intervention as therapy. A hate figure if you will! On past occasions you all turn on yourselves and accuse each other of misplaced loyalty and blame each other for everything from team selection to strategy. I'm here as your punchbag! 

Mawled by the tigers, you're getting mailed by the tigers,.....etc.....etc.....

Sit down, sit down.....all part of the treatment.......come on....that's it......deep breaths......there u go.....it's not all that bad now is it......there there

34 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Imagine if after 15 mins on Tuesday it was Hull 0 - 2 Derby................. Just sayin'

And u know what, City have that in them! I'm not sure if 3 nil is a slightly dangerous score line. I didn't like the teams celebration on the final whistle, it was all a bit home and hosed for me. At 2 nil there's a game on to be up for, at 3 nil I'm a bit worried they're already on the coach to Wembley. A Derby goal in the 1st 20 and it's all back on again. Your average across the 2 league games is 3 nil! Just bring you're best team and your A game and you never know.

...........oh, hang on, Waffles still in charge..........you're f*%€#d!!!!!

Archived