George Thorne

Kernow

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a shame for Thorne and us, but these things happen in football.

I had big hopes for him for next season, this would have been the first full season of his career to date. Once he got that under his belt with a good pre-season, I hoped he return to the player we saw in the playoff 2 years ago. He's done well this season but his form/fitness has been a bit up and down at times, which is to be expected given his lack of games/type of injury he's had over the last few years. 

We will miss his defensive qualities, but it's not over, we still have Butters, Hendrick and Johnson, all talented players who bring different qualities to the table. 

IMO if Hughes and Bryson are nailed on starters, then Johnson needs to play if fit. Hull have a physically strong midfield, so I would put BJ in to help combat that, whilst Hughes and Bryson can easily out manoeuvre them. 

Not ideal, but Wassall needs to come up with a plan for the 3 CM's compensating for not having a natural CDM and hammer it home on the training ground.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Such a shame for Thorne and us, but these things happen in football.

I had big hopes for him for next season, this would have been the first full season of his career to date. Once he got that under his belt with a good pre-season, I hoped he return to the player we saw in the playoff 2 years ago. He's done well this season but his form/fitness has been a bit up and down at times, which is to be expected given his lack of games/type of injury he's had over the last few years. 

We will miss his defensive qualities, but it's not over, we still have Butters, Hendrick and Johnson, all talented players who bring different qualities to the table. 

IMO if Hughes and Bryson are nailed on starters, then Johnson needs to play if fit. Hull have a physically strong midfield, so I would put BJ in to help combat that, whilst Hughes and Bryson can easily out manoeuvre them. 

Not ideal, but Wassall needs to come up with a plan for the 3 CM's compensating for not having a natural CDM and hammer it home on the training ground.

Bradley certainly did well the last time we played them so I'd be inclined to start him if fit.  I know we could go with Butterfield and have young Will sit in but I's prefer the steel of Bradley for this one.

4 hours ago, philmycock said:

We really do need Hughes further upfield, gotta be Baird at CDM surely, or Johnson perhaps, or Butterfield, just not Will

I agree that we need him further upfield but the team itself is a lot worse off with one of the others holding in my opinion.

Butterfield is too lightweight and is actually pretty bad defensively. I wouldn't mind Johnson in there but you have to wonder how fit he actually is. He didn't even make the bench on Saturday and to then go and play, what you'd presume would be, two full games in four days seems like a big ask. Baird hardly set the world alight when with Fulham either.

The thing is, that position is so key. Particularly in transition. I don't think the others have the positional awareness or discipline to play it well.

53 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm being serious.:thumbsup:The time limit has ended since then and now, I wouldn't waste a post on making it up.:D I have a likes to post ratio to uphold you know!

So what you're saying is - "I've given out so many likes to guilt trip people into liking my posts back to uphold my rather impressive posts-to-likes ratio, that i couldn't like your post."

Prostitution. 

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

So what you're saying is - "I've given out so many likes to guilt trip people into liking my posts back to uphold my rather impressive posts-to-likes ratio, that i couldn't like your post."

Prostitution. 

I'm a nice guy, I see a sensible/funny post, I like it.;)You seem to have liked a fair few of mine anyway you cheeky b*stard!:D

Dont think I don't know what you're doing, building up this story that you claim that you're going to post, just so you can get likes and build up people's hopes.:angry:I bet you'll p*ss off to another forum after 29 posts ya chirpy ginger b*astard (sorry @Duracell).:D

15 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm a nice guy, I see a sensible/funny post, I like it.;)You seem to have liked a fair few of mine anyway you cheeky b*stard!:D

Dont think I don't know what you're doing, building up this story that you claim that you're going to post, just so you can get likes and build up people's hopes.:angry:I bet you'll p*ss off to another forum after 29 posts ya chirpy ginger b*astard (sorry @Duracell).:D

Keep your knickers on Chantelle...for once.

Watch your like distribution over the next week. The thread is imminent.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Keep your knickers on Chantelle...for once.

Watch your like distribution over the next week. The thread is imminent.

It better make me laugh my knickers off or it won't get a like.:thumbsup:

We will meet again someday Norman.:ph34r:

#LordOfBurton signing out...

18 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Weimann is 5'10 and a half ".

1.79m

As part of a SAT test, one kid that I taught years ago, measured a distance as six feet, two and a half centimetres.

i asked a West Indian guy how far it was to a shop and he replied that it was 'about two chains down the road'. He was correct but it did not help that much.

Best ever was someone that I know when we were fitting a carpet in a van. I asked him what the gap was and he replied that it was 'a small amount of distance'. 

Archived