OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Hello! Leicester fan in peace. Just wanted to say a few words about the legend that is Nigel Pearson.

If you get him, in 2 seasons you will be in the premiership I have no doubt about that. His first season will be about rebuilding, getting rid of anyone that isn't willing to die for your club & sign players that will. Anyone not pulling their weight, (seen alot of hate for Tom Ince?) will be out the door ASAP! At the same time, Pearson knows how to get the best out of players so people not pulling their weight now could be world beaters this time next season. 

Yes he's no media darling, but his media antics relieved so much pressure off our players last season. He doesn't like the media and it will probably always be like that, but that doesn't stop him from being a great manager. He's a very good man manager, who will put his arm around players who need it but he's also, in my opinion, a great tactical manager at championship level. 

My only WORRY about Pearson would be... The fact he won't have the same backroom staff he had at Leicester who were very important to our success, it wasn't just Pearson. From our medic staff, sports science, Craig Shakespeare, and most importantly our Chief Scout Steve Walsh who unearthed our gems. Without Walsh, it might be more difficult for Pearson to get the right players in, but i'd still have total faith in him to bring in his own scouting network. In addition, when we were in the Championship, our Chairman pretty much did everything Pearson asked. He would go to our chairman and say 'I need 1 million for Jamie Vardy... Oh yeah.. He plays in the conference', and our chairman would be fine with it. Hopefully your chairman & board will be as flexible with Pearson, as ours. Of course it didn't work out in the Premiership between our chairman & Pearson but, the working relationship was evident in the championship.

Of course nothing is guaranteed in the championship, but Pearson is a winner & he's the best option for you guys right now. Good luck next season you Rams :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You do know Pearson has only been promoted from the Championship once don't you?

How can you be so sure that he'll get us promoted?

He has also "bottled it" multiple times, a comical penalty by Kermogant in 2010 and a conceding from your own penalty in 2013.

2014 he took the league by storm, but that was after three seasons in that spell.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Jesus, that's amazing....I too can't believe that Coyle is that ranked that much as an outsider, he isn't a complete no-hoper as he has a promotion and a title on his CV.

Want to give you two likes, one for the Wassall joke and one for not picking me up on the Cole/ Coyle autocorrect that I couldn't be bothered to re-post!

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Answer me this Wixman , how specifically do you want to go up then in a way "that matters to you?"

Chris Martin scores 28 goals in the play off final, and rips off his shirt to to reveal the words "TOO FAT AND SLOW FOR MCLOVIN" painted on in ketchup. 

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Chris Martin scores 28 goals in the play off final, and rips off his shirt to to reveal the words "TOO FAT AND SLOW FOR MCLOVIN" painted on in ketchup. 

That will be the same day you make it past nursery, never

19 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I absolutely want us to win, and I absolutely want us to get promoted, but the way in which we do matters a lot to me. If Mourinho came in as head coach, we spent a billion pounds, cruised to promotion and finished in the top 4 the next year I'd actually be pretty devastated and would lose interest in football completely. 

How long have you watched football? ( not being offensive it's serious question). The scenario you put forward that would make you lose interest in football completely is a scenario that has always been a massive part of football certainly over the 50 years I've been watching it ,, it's cyclical and happens to lots of clubs at different times in fact it's a myth that Brian clough built Derby on nothing ,,, he bloody spent a fair bit of Sam longs tons money ( not always sanctioned first) , I'm shocked you don't see that scenario as part and parcel of football ,, it's always been there and always will be ,

35 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So who would you want instead? Please don't say Wassall. Pearson is the best out of the realistic potential candidates available. I for one would be very glad if we got him.

Warburton was my choice, but unlikely to leave rangers, I could have seen Martinez working out OK, and I don't by any means think Pearson is a bad or wrong appointment I'm just not excited by it at all. Competency with added ostriches. I'm not going to cry out in ecstacy. I expect us to finish next season around the top six, which, frankly any number of our candidates should be able of doing, but I don't like Nigel Pearson.

Just now, McLovin said:

That will be the same day you make it past nursery, never

That's not very nice. I've not resorted to insulting you on here.

I just simply hold your opinion in such low regard that I feel that any candidate you endorse would automatically be terrible. I don't see what's childish about that. 

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

Not only are people expecting NP,they are predicting his tactics,and virtually breaking open the champagne bottles. I am thinking lots of wristslashing next season. I think we have been here before.

To avoid a large hole in the bank balance, in case we suffer a disappointment, I can recommend an extremely palatable and modestly priced Blanquette de Limoux form Tescos. £8.50 a bottle. Delicious.

Forgot to mention in my post, FFP is a pain but Pearson knows how to work with a budget. His track record speaks for itself, lots of free's, loans, bargains, etc.

Oh and you should expect to see some United youth players signed during his time with you :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

That's not very nice. I've not resorted to insulting you on here.

I just simply hold your opinion in such low regard that I feel that any candidate you endorse would automatically be terrible. I don't see what's childish about that. 

Have a nice day :) I'd suggest that not wanting a particular manager just to spite myself is childish hence I just the nursery reference but that's just my opinion

10 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

Hello! Leicester fan in peace. Just wanted to say a few words about the legend that is Nigel Pearson.

If you get him, in 2 seasons you will be in the premiership I have no doubt about that. His first season will be about rebuilding, getting rid of anyone that isn't willing to die for your club & sign players that will. Anyone not pulling their weight, (seen alot of hate for Tom Ince?) will be out the door ASAP! At the same time, Pearson knows how to get the best out of players so people not pulling their weight now could be world beaters this time next season. 

Yes he's no media darling, but his media antics relieved so much pressure off our players last season. He doesn't like the media and it will probably always be like that, but that doesn't stop him from being a great manager. He's a very good man manager, who will put his arm around players who need it but he's also, in my opinion, a great tactical manager at championship level. 

My only WORRY about Pearson would be... The fact he won't have the same backroom staff he had at Leicester who were very important to our success, it wasn't just Pearson. From our medic staff, sports science, Craig Shakespeare, and most importantly our Chief Scout Steve Walsh who unearthed our gems. Without Walsh, it might be more difficult for Pearson to get the right players in, but i'd still have total faith in him to bring in his own scouting network. In addition, when we were in the Championship, our Chairman pretty much did everything Pearson asked. He would go to our chairman and say 'I need 1 million for Jamie Vardy... Oh yeah.. He plays in the conference', and our chairman would be fine with it. Hopefully your chairman & board will be as flexible with Pearson, as ours. Of course it didn't work out in the Premiership between our chairman & Pearson but, the working relationship was evident in the championship.

Of course nothing is guaranteed in the championship, but Pearson is a winner & he's the best option for you guys right now. Good luck next season you Rams :)

Bloody ell a Leic's fan with sense. Welcome and congrats on a fantastic achievement this season. I am born an bred in Leics and it's been mental over the last few weeks, flags everywhere lol.

I'd accept it taking 2 seasons if he came in as I genuinely believe we have a squad that should, with the right man in charge, be a top 2 side.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Christ I can't win on here. When I state an opinion that a lot of Derby fans are thinking but are afraid to say I get accused of being "too negative"  but when I'm being positive and optimistic by stating that we will get promoted I get questioned.

You do often come across as negative, McLovin. You may not realise that you seem to do so. Reread your posts as if you had not written them and you may get a different perspective on them. Everyone on here is an 'expert'. If you do not know that, you have not been reading carefully enough. We all give our best insights because we are all  'experts'.

My only problem with this Forum is that a lot of the other 'experts' actually know more than me. This is rather unacceptable but I am learning to live with it. Keep posting, McLovin.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Christ I can't win on here. When I state an opinion that a lot of Derby fans are thinking but are afraid to say I get accused of being "too negative"  but when I'm being positive and optimistic by stating that we will get promoted I get questioned.

I'm questioning you because I genuinely want to know what makes you so confident that he will guarantee us promotion. I want to be sold on him but all I see is a guy with the same number of promotions as Holloway, as Coyle, as a whole host of average managers, but with a questionable mental state on top.

16 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

He has also "bottled it" multiple times, a comical penalty by Kermogant in 2010 and a conceding from your own penalty in 2013.

2014 he took the league by storm, but that was after three seasons in that spell.

This is exactly my reservation as well. Not sure why it's getting overlooked really.

17 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

My only WORRY about Pearson would be... The fact he won't have the same backroom staff he had at Leicester who were very important to our success.

seen it mentioned a few times, but were the backroom staff in place before pearson arrived or did he bring them in? if he brought them in then there should be no reason he couldnt build another great backroom

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

You do often come across as negative, McLovin. You may not realise that you seem to do so. Reread your posts as if you had not written them and you may get a different perspective on them. Everyone on here is an 'expert'. If you do not know that, you have not been reading carefully enough. We all give our best insights because we are all  'experts'.

My only problem with this Forum is that a lot of the other 'experts' actually know more than me. This is rather unacceptable but I am learning to live with it. Keep posting, McLovin.

I'm not having that @Rampage, I long for the status of tolerable, never mind expert!

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You do know Pearson has only been promoted from the Championship once don't you?

How can you be so sure that he'll get us promoted?

Very few managers have been promoted from the Championship more than once. Since 2004 when the division was renamed (and I don't think we need to consider managers from much before that as football has moved on) Steve Bruce holds the record with three promotions and Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock and Ian Holloway all have two. Steve Coppell, Alan Curbishley, Paul Jewell, Sam Allardyce, Gary Megson and Harry Redknapp all have a single Championship promotion, but achieved previous promotion from Division 1. 

So if your saying that multiple promotions is your main criteria, that is your shortlist. 

No one on that list appeals to me more than Pearson, who also has a League 1 promotion and the distinction of playing a key role in the Leicester story. 

Really hope it is Pearson but think some people are getting a little carried away.. Sounds like other interviews will still take place a lot of time for things to effect any deal 

12 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

seen it mentioned a few times, but were the backroom staff in place before pearson arrived or did he bring them in? if he brought them in then there should be no reason he couldnt build another great backroom

Pearson bought them in. He basically built our clubs whole structure. From the sports science, to the medic team, to the scouts, to the coaches, etc. He laid the foundations, which Ranieri took to the next level. 

its reasonable Pearson could do it again, but people like our chief scout Steve Walsh & our medic staff are hard to find.

Anyway, you guys need to stop worrying because Pearson is a top manager who knows how to structure, run and lay foundations of a football club. If you get him you are in very safe hands.

Archived