What happened to the Derby County team with the lowest ever Premier League points total?

Phoenix

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Oh they both make an appearance if you carry on to the end of the article !

The only one(s) who seem to come out of it with any credit were Dave Jones, Big Dave, Earnshaw and, erm, Kenny Miller.

Luckily, no mention of the mercurial Lauren Robert. 

I think Alan stubbs dodged a bullet with that squad and all....

I've got vivid memories of that season that will no doubt stick with me through time. 

Tyrone Mears came out with credit, only to piss it away in the following summer, but that was about it. 

Leacock, who was incredible in the Championship for our promotion, turned to ****. We sold our best performer, Matt Oakley, in January. Along with our top goalscorer from the previous season, Steve Howard, to a League One side. We lost Seth Johnson's grit through injury after the promotion. We bought badly, well, badly would be a very nice word for it. We landed a top, top manager in Paul Jewell, who must have suffered from a mental breakdown as soon as he put pen to paper on the contract. He worked wonders at Wigan, yet will forever be remembered as one of our worst ever managers. 

We had some incredibly atrocious players in the team week in, week out. Eddie Lewis, Andy Griffin and Claude Davis are the three players that will forever sum it up for me. 

I still think the side that went up was better than the side we started the season with. We lost oakley, seth & lupoli i think them three along with the signings of miller would have improved us 

there were some shocking players and dont get me wrong we were rubbish and got hammered in most games but we were unlucky in some and we'd have gone down but potentially with more points. 

I'll never have a bad word said about darren moore he seemed a nice bloke, always gave 100% and always tried but he just simply wasnt good enough. But miles better than griffin who i hated with a passion we've had some bad players at this club but he was so rubbish 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

I still remember Miller's goal against Newcastle. I can still see it in my head. The only winning goal of the campaign. Had my son with me all season as season ticket holders. Abysmal. It may never be beaten.

You know Its about the only thing I remember too, there were so many disappointments the other games roll into one, yet that stands out if only because it was such a great goal I came away with some optimism. Sadly on the night, Newcastle were rubbish and it was a false dawn.

Geez it just shows with the achievements after, players were either at the wrong end of their careers or complete dross.

Thought the evaluation of david jones was incorrect. It said he has no footballing ability and is just a tough tackling midfielder. I'd say he was probably in that season derby's most technically gifted player. Except maybe hossom ghaly when he came in.  Pretty decent from set pieces as well. Still looks pretty good for Burnley these days. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Article says Tito Villa was only with Derby for one season, but I'm sure he scored against Forest at home in our first season back in the championship after relegation.

So he must have played with us in 2 seasons - but perhaps he only played part of each.

Etymological inaccuracies are so tiresome.....

Season and a bit i thought he was a Jan signing when we were in the prem then clough moved him on when he came in for Jewell 

Archived