Favourite retro computer games

SantosHalper

Some old PC games I enjoyed

Earth siege 2 ... Addictive. 

Tie Fighter on Windows 95 .. Those pesky rebellion A wings were a b****** to kill

Fifa 98 I think .. When they still ran like little robots .. Got a bit boring after I twigged that lofted through pass plus forward run and sprint striker was a cert goal every time. Spent ages bending my fingers trying to do rainbow trick in the 6 yard box. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defender and Robotron - Williams classic arcade games.

Doom - Doom 4 is out in May. Doom 3 was very underrated.

Quake III (still kept alive by Quake Live)

Twilight Zone - Pinball at it's finest. No strictly a computer game but cpu controlled!

Just been alerted to the fact that there are not one but two retro arcade museums here in Prague! And one of them is literally 2 minutes from where I work! 

Ghosts and Goblins, Bubble Bobble (one of my favourites), Outrun, Street Fighter 2, the original Asteroids, Time Crisis, etc.

That's next weekend sorted. 

6 hours ago, jono said:

Some old PC games I enjoyed

Earth siege 2 ... Addictive. 

Tie Fighter on Windows 95 .. Those pesky rebellion A wings were a b****** to kill

Fifa 98 I think .. When they still ran like little robots .. Got a bit boring after I twigged that lofted through pass plus forward run and sprint striker was a cert goal every time. Spent ages bending my fingers trying to do rainbow trick in the 6 yard box. 

I too spent my teenage years bending my fingers trying to get into the box!

11 hours ago, SantosHalper said:

Just been alerted to the fact that there are not one but two retro arcade museums here in Prague! And one of them is literally 2 minutes from where I work! 

Ghosts and Goblins, Bubble Bobble (one of my favourites), Outrun, Street Fighter 2, the original Asteroids, Time Crisis, etc.

That's next weekend sorted. 

Bubble Bobble was great! Especially 2-player game.

14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Bubble Bobble was great! Especially 2-player game.

My 3 sisters mum and Dad loved that game. Still go on about it now. Here is a story for you:-

When I was really young I had a game with my mum on Bubble Bobble my mum didn't give me a power up I raged and went behind the sofa shouting so she literally raged and screamed at me. I cried and wet my self on the spot and apparently I never moaned on a game with her ever again! She still regrets doing it to me lol.

1 minute ago, Ashz09 said:

My 3 sisters mum and Dad loved that game. Still go on about it now. Here is a story for you:-

When I was really young I had a game with my mum on Bubble Bobble my mum didn't give me a power up I raged and went behind the sofa shouting so she literally raged and screamed at me. I cried and wet my self on the spot and apparently I never moaned on a game with her ever again! She still regrets doing it to me lol.

Good for you to learn it straight away... it's Bubble Bobble after all. :p

Sensible soccer ruled my life on the Amiga, I would go home every lunch from work to play it and talk about the goals I scored all afternoon. Me and one of my mates had a league going, we would play games and calculate the table by hand...Brian Deane was top goalscorer....

back in the Spectrum days (I still have my rubber keyed version that is still in the Gordon Harwoods box with the price tag 175 pound!)(that must have broke mum and dad buying me that...! Thank you) 

anyway, Chuckie egg as someone mentioned was amazing, I got to the stage where I had that many lives that I couldn't die.

Manic miner, another classic.

All the Ultimate games, attic attac, underworlde, sabre wolf etc where great. 

Daley Thompsons decathlon saw the ending of many of my Quickshot 2 joysticks.

BC's quest for tires on the C64

and an honourable mention to everyone's favorite bit of Spectrum programming...

10 PRINT "Derby County are great"(or Someone at school is fit or someone at school stinks"etc

20 GOTO 10

RUN

Archived