Favourite retro computer games

SantosHalper

On 27.4.2016 at 01:40, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Been through the entire topic page by page and could find little or no mention of Pitfall 2 : The Lost Caverns.

Even now, 30 + years after it's initial release the music is unforgettable.     Spend many a night in the 80's playing into the early hours trying to complete but once done, would start again and finish two or three times over.

Someone may remember Questron, released on 8-bit format in '84, but there was a glitch in the game once you went into the underground caverns and the game would crash.   Tried to find another copy but to no avail.    Up until that point, and for the other 90 per cent of the game, it was years ahead in terms of entertainment and value for money.

M.U.L.E. was another that was hard to put down.   (Although)  If your mule wasn't inserted into a plot correctly it would run off and cost you time and money, but that minor complaint aside, one of the very best games ever introduced to the public.

Mail Order Monsters was another good one, but it was easy to lose interest after a while.

H.E.R.O has to be included in this also, but as with a number of games of it's time, was prone to error and all too easy to blow yourself up with your own explosive or hit a wall where life force was lost (where there wasn't enough room to maneuver)

H.E.R.O. I remember playing and being quite good in it. But rest of those you said :blink:

Winter games, summer games, already mentioned Decathlon, Pit Stop and Commando springs to mind after few beers. Some great games there.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
On 26/04/2016 at 03:40, MuespachRam said:

another one..... Wheelie

used to play for hours on that

Civilization - Strategy.  One of the best strategy games ever conceived.  Sid Meier is a genius

Colonization - Strategy.  Sid did it again

Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 - Strategy

Aces Of The Pacific and Aces Over Europe - Fighter plane simulator

Panzer General - Strategy

Rise Of The Triad - First person shooter

Nobunagas Ambition - Strategy  A KOEI masterpiece

Sea Rogue - Treasure hunting simulator

Wolfenstein series - First person shooter

11 hours ago, ramit said:

Civilization - Strategy.  One of the best strategy games ever conceived.  Sid Meier is a genius

Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 - Strategy

I used to play nerd versions of those two, Moria with Amiga. And upgraded it to Adom with PC.

****, that's was some game. I think I'll need to look for new version of it!

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I used to play nerd versions of those two, Moria with Amiga. And upgraded it to Adom with PC.

****, that's was some game. I think I'll need to look for new version of it!

Google Heroes Of Might And Magic Complete Download Fr** (fill in blank) and you should find it.

You can also find hundreds of maps online for free.

i still play this game.

All the other games on my list need dosbox to work, my friend set me up with it through

something called D-Fend Reloaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived