The Rams are going up !!

loweman2

Derby County U21s Crowned Division 2 Champions

Derby County’s Under 21s have claimed the Barclays U21 Premier League – Division 2 title after Arsenal failed to defeat West Bromwich Albion this evening.

The Gunners lost 2-1 to the Baggies at Boreham Wood in their final fixture of the 2015/16 season, meaning the Rams secured the one and only automatic promotion position.

Their promotion means that Derby’s talented squad will ply their trade in the top U21 division – competing against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Southampton, Sunderland, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur - next season. 

Managed first by Darren Wassall, before becoming Head Coach, and then Rory Delap the Rams won 13 and drew three of their 22 Division 2 fixtures – four of which came at the iPro Stadium – and scored the most goals (44) in the process.

Notable success also saw Offrande Zanzala crowned the U21 Premier League Player of the Month in November, whilst a number of the club’s Under 18s players have fit seamlessly into the group to assist in this season’s promotion.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-u21s-crowned-division-2-champions-3065773.aspx#w3YKCuFVwCTKLPx1.99

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-u21s-crowned-division-2-champions-3065773.aspx

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

So Wassall leaves the u21s and they get promoted! Booooooo Wassall out :ph34r:

Rory Delap's Barmy Army

;)

17 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Great news. Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of them.

How many do we think will have real chance of making the first team if, a) we go up and b) we don't?

If we go up, 2 or 3 (Rawson/Calero/Zanzala seem ready), if we don't then a couple more (Lowe/Koblenz?/Guy and Mitchell all worth a shout!) 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well done to young they have worked hard and bones well for the future.

Always something to look out for.

Dyer, Lampard and Ferdinand all boned well as u21's on the video I've seen, and went on to have good careers!

Well done to the under 21  ones, great achievement, from players and staff, now for the first team to follow suit, and win in the play offs at Wembley, I have a very good feeling, we will be celebrating a double promotion season, the feel good factor is returning.We are going up ,I say We are going up.

35 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

If we go up, 2 or 3 (Rawson/Calero/Zanzala seem ready), if we don't then a couple more (Lowe/Koblenz?/Guy and Mitchell all worth a shout!) 

Rawson, Calero and Zanzala ready for the Prem? Good Lord. The first 2 will never play regularly in the Prem. Zanzala is just potential at this stage.

Mitchell, Lowe, Stabana and Vernam have the most potential out of the rest IMO 

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Always something to look out for.

Dyer, Lampard and Ferdinand all boned well as u21's on the video I've seen, and went on to have good careers!

Gotta say that's not my bag so I will give it a miss if I see it knocking around online @reveldevil ! ?

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

If this is the Derby Way Mel Morris alluded to then I'm all up for that 

If some of the youth players can be brought through into the first team without needing wholesale changes to their games in order to "adapt" then this is exactly what Mel was alluding to.

As well as that was the point that if you can consistently play good football then the results should - by the law of averages - also be generally good.

Archived