Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Are you and Derby4Me who liked your post serious or am I missing something ?

Are trolls ever really serious? I ... I mean THEY just post nonsense for a reaction.

Sith Happens

You sort of get the feeling some people want him to make a mistake just so they can rush on here and point out to the rest of us how rubbish he is.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

He was actually taken off to save him from suspension. Same reason as Martin.

Possibly the exact opposite situation you've just said as we took him off just so he can play the next game...

Mumble, mumble should be happy with that, gives him another chance to pick faults.

b.t.w it was a truly carp challenge by Keogh, but really I couldn't give a stuff, move on.

Not giving away penalties is a skill all good defenders have. Sometimes i wonder would keogh be better playing at Real madrid, he wont have so much defendign to do, and people can marvel about his passing and how well he brings the ball out of defence as a genuine ball playing centre half.

I just know Boro and Burnley wouldnt havent made that challenge that keogh did today.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Are trolls ever really serious? I ... I mean THEY just post nonsense for a reaction.

*Waves* look at me look at me :lol:

9 minutes ago, unclej said:

Another dreadful display from the boy wonder. What do we do? Give him a flipping award.

Something is really wrong at Derby.

Bet you could barely contain your excitement when he gave away that penalty could you?

9 minutes ago, unclej said:

Another dreadful display from the boy wonder. What do we do? Give him a flipping award.

Very true. We've just finished 5th with 43 goals conceded. The last time we had such a good season defensively was 1989-90, but we were in the Premier League and conceded 40 goals in 38 games, instead of 46 games. Before that we conceded 38 goals in 42 games in the old Second Division in 1986-87.

So to clarify, we have never had a better season defensively over a 46 game season.

Richard Keogh, the dreadful defender, has played every game this season. He's won every individual award the club can give him. That includes being voted by his peers, the fellow Derby players.

But, no, you're right. He's actually dreadful. Glad that's cleared up.

18 minutes ago, unclej said:

unclej - always got a troll in him

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Very true. We've just finished 5th with 43 goals conceded. The last time we had such a good season defensively was 1989-90, but we were in the Premier League and conceded 40 goals in 38 games, instead of 46 games. Before that we conceded 38 goals in 42 games in the old Second Division in 1986-87.

So to clarify, we have never had a better season defensively over a 46 game season.

Richard Keogh, the dreadful defender, has played every game this season. He's won every individual award the club can give him. That includes being voted by his peers, the fellow Derby players.

How to dismantle nonsense in one easy step!

Now donate @Kernow, and start the matchday thread!

Just now, reveldevil said:

How to dismantle nonsense in one easy step!

Now donate @Kernow, and start the matchday thread!

Ohhh is that how you start them? Sneaky little Daveo! I have been considering donating for a while actually, just been biding my time ;)

30 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Bet you could barely contain your excitement when he gave away that penalty could you?

I couldn't see it from the SS but word soon got around who was responsible, with a general sigh of resignation. I wasn't excited but I continue to be surprised.  From the highlights I see he played a very nervous clearance without being under pressure, right to their man, followed up by a reckless, sliding tackle to take out their inside left.  A staggeringly stupid display by our 'player of the season'. 

It was a pleasure to see Buxton and Shackell together although I'm not sure its the future either.

I think the kindest thing I can say about Keogh is that he polarises opinion. My opinion is that we will never win anything with Keogh in our side. Others like him although I'm beginning to suspect a joint troll in his benefit.

Whatever happened to the concept of the 'considered opinion'? Seems that on the 'net if you have any opinion about anything it must always be absolute. No shades of grey, no room for context, no time for reflection. 

To conclude what unclej has concluded about Keogh is classic one eyedness (I think I might have made that word up). Under no circumstances can a player who has made a mistake EVER play well or deserve any form of praise. The simplest of simpletons can see how well OVER THE SEASON Keogh has played and how the defence has improved over the end of last season.

Every centre half gives pens away. Every centre half makes mistakes that leads to goals. Comes with the job. If he didn't make any mistakes he also probably wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at a top four club.

There's s bloke sits a few seats down from me who thinks the same way about Ince. Made his mind up and can't say or think anything good about him. Now all he does is wait for a mistake so he can gleefully shout some abuse. Seems s shame to be happier about s player doing badly so you can get your 'told you so' comments in doesn't it?

To be fair, I was probably this way about Warren Barton... But I grew up. 

11 hours ago, Kernow said:

Yeah, but apart from that....What has Richard Keogh ever done for us?!!!

Archived