Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

11 hours ago, unclej said:

Another dreadful display from the boy wonder. What do we do? Give him a flipping award.

Something is really wrong at Derby.

Yeah we have fans that know sod all about football and would rather slate one of our best/consistent players than be happy at the fact he's deservedly won POTY.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Yeah we have fans that know sod all about football and would rather slate one of our best/consistent players than be happy at the fact he's deservedly won POTY.

Havent a clue why a few (minority) of fans have this hate thing going on with Keogh. It does almost seem like they sit there in anticipation waiting for any error, then rub their hands together with glee when one happens.

Even Igor made mistakes, everyone seems to remember him as some sort of god, which he was of course, but sometimes his over confidence led to errors which are conveniently forgot. Its just easier when you are looking for them and analysing someones every move.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

Whatever happened to the concept of the 'considered opinion'? Seems that on the 'net if you have any opinion about anything it must always be absolute. No shades of grey, no room for context, no time for reflection. 

To conclude what unclej has concluded about Keogh is classic one eyedness (I think I might have made that word up). Under no circumstances can a player who has made a mistake EVER play well or deserve any form of praise. The simplest of simpletons can see how well OVER THE SEASON Keogh has played and how the defence has improved over the end of last season.

Every centre half gives pens away. Every centre half makes mistakes that leads to goals. Comes with the job. If he didn't make any mistakes he also probably wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at a top four club.

There's s bloke sits a few seats down from me who thinks the same way about Ince. Made his mind up and can't say or think anything good about him. Now all he does is wait for a mistake so he can gleefully shout some abuse. Seems s shame to be happier about s player doing badly so you can get your 'told you so' comments in doesn't it?

To be fair, I was probably this way about Warren Barton... But I grew up. 

Your summing up is inaccurate and unwarranted.

I've been watching him since he came to Derby, home and away.  I'd much rather he didn't make these school-boy errors. I'd much rather he inspired confidence rather than panic. I'd much rather he behaved more like a captain than giving public dressing downs to the right back. I'd much rather he played somewhere else, preferably Forest. I'd much rather like him than not I assure you.

The paradox between supporting the team but being absolutely sure one of our number should be gone doesn't bring any pleasure.

I like Ince. I wish he'd pull the trigger sooner in front of goal. Arsenal were guilty of wanting that extra touch to line up the shot but were genrally closed down before they could.

Sith Happens
Just now, unclej said:

I've been watching him since he came to Derby, home and away.  I'd much rather he didn't make these school-boy errors. I'd much rather he inspired confidence rather than panic. I'd much rather he behaved more like a captain than giving public dressing downs to the right back. I'd much rather he played somewhere else, preferably Forest. 

I'd much rather like him than not I assure you. The paradox between supporting the team but being absolutely sure one of our number should be gone doesn't bring any pleasure.

I like Ince. I wish he'd pull the trigger sooner in front of goal. Arsenal were guilty of wanting that extra touch to line up the shot but were genrally closed down before they could.

So to summarise, Keogh isnt your favourite player then?

11 minutes ago, unclej said:

I've been watching him since he came to Derby, home and away.  I'd much rather he didn't make these school-boy errors. I'd much rather he inspired confidence rather than panic. I'd much rather he behaved more like a captain than giving public dressing downs to the right back. I'd much rather he played somewhere else, preferably Forest. I'd much rather like him than not I assure you.

The paradox between supporting the team but being absolutely sure one of our number should be gone doesn't bring any pleasure.

I'm not sure you have really proven me wrong there. In fact, you may have just substantiated my claim ?

As had been said, if he didn't have these mistakes he'd not be at Derby.

As frustrating as it is, we're not even top flight yet and in our position you get players with ability but mistakes or more limited all round players.

He had to make the challenge, got it slightly wrong. He's still had a fantastic season and fluffed it up in a dead rubber not the play off.

2 hours ago, unclej said:

Most people - well, fans anyway - watch the team.

2 hours ago, unclej said:

I'm sure Keogh thinks the same about so called supporters like you.

What a ridiculous comment.

Show me a CB that doesn't make the odd mistake and I'll give you the 50 mill it will take to buy that player.

Dressing down?, you have never seen Roy Keane play then, How many times did he berate his players but is loved by the supporters. You never heard his supporters wishing he was at man city.

He makes a clean sweep of POTY, Yeah he's crap!!.

18 hours ago, unclej said:

Another dreadful display from the boy wonder. What do we do? Give him a flipping award.

Something is really wrong at Derby.

Made a few mistakes and you moaning about him won the awards which is he deserved it? Listen give the guy a break. 

Mistakes are one thing, brainless idiocy putting yourself at risk of suspension just before the playoffs is another.

He had to make that challenge? No he didn't, it was an almost entirely meaningless match with no need to dive into any rash challenges - he didn't engage his brain, twice, which is worse than simply making a mistake. 

It was an untimely reminder that a fault he'd seemingly banished from his game is still present, with potential to cost us.

...and that's from someone who's been impressed with him this season and thinks he's deserved the POTY awards

18 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Mistakes are one thing, brainless idiocy putting yourself at risk of suspension just before the playoffs is another.

He had to make that challenge? No he didn't, it was an almost entirely meaningless match with no need to dive into any rash challenges - he didn't engage his brain, twice, which is worse than simply making a mistake. 

It was an untimely reminder that a fault he'd seemingly banished from his game is still present, with potential to cost us.

...and that's from someone who's been impressed with him this season and thinks he's deserved the POTY awards

Why the people seem to think that Keogh is the only player who makes mistakes? Shackell has, Thorne has, Hughes has etc. but some reason Keogh is the only one who gets reminded of this.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Why the people seem to think that Keogh is the only player who makes mistakes? Shackell has, Thorne has, Hughes has etc. but some reason Keogh is the only one who gets reminded of this.

It would appear that to some he is the worst player ever to don the black and white of Derby thats why, not me i hasten to add.

49 minutes ago, Coconut said:

If it was entirely meaningless match then the manager should not put him out there ,, players get injured pulling out of challenges and half playing,, sure he would have been given crap if he had not tried too,,, can't win the poor bloke

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

It wasn't a foul. 

Archived