England v Holland

froggg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Sturridge and Milner will definitely start. Forster will get the full game too. No point playing Heaton if he won't be going to the Euros as long as we have our first 3 fit, and even then would be number 3.

Wasn't sure about goalkeeper, im pretty sure Hodgson said something along the lines of every player starting a game so it could have been either. Maybe get a half each but I dont rate Heaton that highly.

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Wasn't sure about goalkeeper, im pretty sure Hodgson said something along the lines of every player starting a game so it could have been either. Maybe get a half each but I dont rate Heaton that highly.

When was that said? Heaton wasn't initially in the squad. I'm all for giving players chances in the friendly games but I think we need to give Forster the experience a lot more. It's quite possible we could have no choice but to have Forster as our number 1 in the summer

Just now, Kernow said:

When was that said? Heaton wasn't initially in the squad. I'm all for giving players chances in the friendly games but I think we need to give Forster the experience a lot more. It's quite possible we could have no choice but to have Forster as our number 1 in the summer

"I can't guarantee that every single player will definitely get 90 minutes in the games, but at the same time we are in principle here to utilise the whole squad. 

"We want to have a look at people here or at least give them the chance in this final encounter before I have to name 23 to at least try and put a marker down."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/10218139/roy-hodgson-challenges-england-players-to-stake-claim-for-place-in-euro-2016-squad

Maybe not guaranteeing starts for every player but would make most sense when you look at the squad he brought, seems to be two players for every position except left back and with Milner and Sturridge both starting it looks like it might go that way.

Is Stones in the squad? He has not being getting into Evertons starting XI for a few months. I like him and see his potential but it has been quite a poor season for him. 

I don't mind England chopping and changing midfield and forwards for these friendlies but give how our defense has been a little shaky I think from here he should decide his back 4 and stick with it. Give them precious playing and building time together before the Euros... 

11 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Is Stones in the squad? He has not being getting into Evertons starting XI for a few months. I like him and see his potential but it has been quite a poor season for him. 

I don't mind England chopping and changing midfield and forwards for these friendlies but give how our defense has been a little shaky I think from here he should decide his back 4 and stick with it. Give them precious playing and building time together before the Euros... 

Shows you how lacking we are for good centre halves at the moment.  You're always going to concede goals with Smalling/Cahill/Jones/Stones/Jaglelka to choose from.  I like Stones, he'll be a great player in a few years, and Smalling has gotten a lot better but they aren't exactly Ferdinand/Terry or Adams/Campbell are they?

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Shows you how lacking we are for good centre halves at the moment.  You're always going to concede goals with Smalling/Cahill/Jones/Stones/Jaglelka to choose from.  I like Stones, he'll be a great player in a few years, and Smalling has gotten a lot better but they aren't exactly Ferdinand/Terry or Adams/Campbell are they?

We could be the 4-3 International team mate..:D

Archived