England v Holland

froggg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, sage said:

This ref is a joke

He's had a shocker... Should have given a penalty to Holland then gave one that wasn't and let an obvious foul lead to a goal. Three game changing bad decisions in one game is terrible for an international referree 

This is why we struggle.. when we're the better side the ref doesn't mind doing us over with pathetic decisions. god help us if we're in the quarters and clearly the better side and on the way to the semis again. its not a coincidence we're always on the receiving end of a dreadful decision.

Argentina at France 98 was the worst I've seen, sends beckham off for a little tap on his calf and then rules out a perfectly good goal in stoppage time... I've never understood those 2 decisions to this day, and he couldn't wait to brandish the red either, he almost gave out a fist pump after it. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He's had a shocker... Should have given a penalty to Holland then gave one that wasn't and let an obvious foul lead to a goal. Three game changing bad decisions in one game is terrible for an international referree 

I can certainly understand the handball being given, but how on earth that wasn't a foul, I will never know.

England have reverted to type this game. Struggling to create anything against a solid team content on just holding them at bay. Midfield has been poor, with the tempo so slow.

Holland's second goal was a joke though. Was a clear foul. The penalty was debatable too, though the Dutch should have had one in the first-half.

Stones is a really average defender. So overhyped because his distribution is excellent.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hoddle annoys me to no end, god knows how he gave Drinkwater man of the match. 

Think he was let down today. Usually plays in a two-man midfield but was given the lone holding role today as Milner played further upfield. Meant he was vulnerable and had to cover more ground.

Archived