England v Holland

froggg

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes he is easily. I still remember back in 2010/2011 when Wishere bossed the best midfield of all time in Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta when  Arsenal played Barca where you could obviously see his talent and since then I've kept a close eye on his career. I don't really like Wishere mind because he is so talented but wastes his potential by keeping the clubbing lifestyle. I'd only take Wishere though if he plays between now and the end of the season. An 80% wilshere is better than a 100% Milner or Henderson 

LOL

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Wilshere should go, heard the other day he's been man of the match in six of the last seven England games. If we decide to go with either a 4-3-3 or a diamond, he'd be a perfect complement to Alli and Dier. I'm not convinced Alli and Barkley could go together in a midfield three, potentially they're too similar; if that does end up being the case then Wilshere is probably the next best midfielder available.

My squad would look something like this:
Goalies: Hart, Forster, Foster
Defenders: Clyne, Walker, Stones, Smalling, Cahill, Shawcross, Bertrand
Midfielders: Dier, Milner, Henderson, Wilshere, Alli, Barkley, Lallana
Forwards: Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Welbeck, Sterling, Sturridge

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My squad:

GKs: Hart,Forster,Foster

Defenders: Clyne, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Rose, Bertrand

Midfielders: Dier, Carrick, Alli, Barkley, Wilshere, Henderson, Milner

Forwards: Rooney, Kane, Vardy, Welbeck, Strurridge, Sterling

Milner Sterling Henderson no ta very much

Just now, Inglorius said:

Milner Sterling Henderson no ta very much

I wouldn't start them but in tournament football you need a lot of energy as you play matches in close proximity so Milner's and Henderson's energy could be key to provide the balance. I'd start a midfield of Dier, Wilshere/Barkley(depending on Wishere's fitness) and Alli though . In regard to Sterling I'd prefer to play him over both the Ox and Walcott. Maybe you could choose Albrighton over Sterling on form but that's very unlikely to happen

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I wouldn't start them but in tournament football you need a lot of energy as you play matches in close proximity so Milner's and Henderson's energy could be key to provide the balance. I'd start a midfield of Dier, Wilshere/Barkley(depending on Wishere's fitness) and Alli though . In regard to Sterling I'd prefer to play him over both the Ox and Walcott. Maybe you could choose Albrighton over Sterling on form but that's very unlikely to happen

I agree with you about Walcott and Chamberlain I just think of Henderson and Milner and think what do you actually do other than run around a lot.  Sterling I think has regressed since going to Man City an expensive version of Franz Carr

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes he is easily. I still remember back in 2010/2011 when Wishere bossed the best midfield of all time in Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta when  Arsenal played Barca where you could obviously see his talent and since then I've kept a close eye on his career. I don't really like Wishere mind because he is so talented but wastes his potential by keeping the clubbing lifestyle. I'd only take Wishere though if he plays between now and the end of the season. An 80% wilshere is better than a 100% Milner or Henderson 

Whatever game that was, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta must have been having an off day.  I don't doubt Wilshere's talent for a moment, but it's almost gotten to the stage where he is a hypothetical footballer.  Constantly injured...Arsenal's and England's Branko Strupar.  Even if Wilshere is fit enough to board the plane, you can be pretty sure that he'll have picked up an injury by the time the Russian game kicks off.

I think with the young attacking talent England has at the moment, there is a decent chance that 2016 could be their year.  If they play without too much caution, they could be real handful for anyone.  I wouldn't quite make them favourites but if i were English i would be optimistic.

2011 was probably one of his last 10 appearances.

I used to like Wilshere and think he could be something. But years go by and he's not progressing because he never plays. 

What can you do with him. You can't include him in your plans. You can't even say you'll get another like for like and you then have back up for his injuries. 

He's always injured. So you'd need back up for your back up. 

I don't know if he's not cut out for it or if he's one of those players that won't play with any discomfort. But he's a waste of time. 

After all he's not THAT good. He's not a unique talent. A 1 in a million. 

I bet he's only play 2 seasons worth of football in the last 5 years at best. Say Arsenal offer him 45-50 games. England play what, 10 times per year?? 

I bet not once has he played a full PL league season worth of games? 

He needs to prove himself. You can't hand him anything now. Not worth it

1 hour ago, sage said:

I am surprised Everton haven't given him a game there. Jagielka and Funes Mori are keeping him out at CB and they are still conceding goals.

Saying Barry is to leave this summer. Surely now would be the time to at least trial him there?

Wilshere has averaged only 13 Premier League games per year for the past five seasons.

That's not enough I'm afriad. Some players are just prone to injuries. Maybe he needs a change in diet, or a change in environment. Whatever he is doing now clearly isn't working.

I'd say he's either a pussy or his body is too weak. 

That's either pathetic or unfortunate. I wouldn't suggest Arsenal dump him. But he's totally unreliable when it comes to including him in your plans. It doesn't really matter why he's unavailable. Just that he is.

I know there's players out there that won't play unless 100%. Which is ok if you're a well built lad. But if you're not playing for years then maybe you need to play with discomfort. 

Maybe he's desperate to play and just can't get passed fit often enough. 

Who knows. 

Don't think he deserves any special treatment anymore. He's had plenty already. He really has to go and prove some reliability. 

But then England are probably taking Walcott so I guess if they're helping the poor...

On 30/03/2016 at 18:50, McLovin said:

In fairness to Wishere most of his injuries have been impact injuries looking at this website http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2770/jack_wilshere_injury.html

i.e caused when an opposition player tackles him whilst he is dribbling. Would be more concerning if he regularly picked up non impact injuries like Sturridge. 

Might be my ageing memory failing me, but doesn't he also create some of his own issues by lunging into ill-advised tackles, either because hes trying to win the ball or he's lost control?

I think also he has some congenital ankle weakness.

I can't see how Roy can name him in the Euro squad given he has committed to naming the squad so early. He certainly isn't match fit now and you can't pick a squad based on Arsenes undertakings as to how many more matches he might feature in this season can you?

Archived