England v Holland

froggg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see what the system is that Hodgson is after, Drinkwater and Milner could be Dier and Henderson as the defensively minded player and the runner-abouter with Barkley replacing Alli as the proper footballer - not dissimilar to Thorne - Bryson - Hughes. I'd perhaps prefer another footballer in there though as Milner and Henderson are so lacking in technique. Alli and Barkley is perhaps too unbalanced though. 

Stones and Smalling is going to be the centre half partnership going forward so makes sense getting them together as soon as possible. Stones needs to start playing more regularly at Everton though.

Walker, i'd start over Clyne all day as well. Hope he takes his chance.

2-1 England tonight.

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Team is out

Forster

Walker - Smalling - Stones - Rose

Milner - Drinkwater - Barkley

Lallana - Sturridge - Vardy

Good team for this one ... gives Kane a rest he will need it if Spurs go to the wire in the Premier League title race. And at test for Sturridge's fitness. Nice to see a Stone Roses backing group.

We're knocking about nicely, movement off the ball and players looking for the ball, please no more persevering with Rooney ffs, him in the side is like Raul for Spain, they kept trying to accommodate him at the expense of a less well named but better team player. 

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, sage said:

He was probably shown a clip at half time of the one he didn't give against Rose on about 6 minutes. 

True. Get Milner off ffs. 

Archived