Daily Mail linking Tim Sherwood with the Derby job.

Yojimbo

Billy Davies vol2.

http://www.dirtytackle.net/2015/09/19/tim-sherwood-is-referring-to-himself-in-the-third-person/

Tim Sherwood is referring to himself in the third person

by Brooks Peck

Aston Villa have now lost four of their six Premier League matches so far this season after getting beat 1-0 by West Brom and manager Tim Sherwood wants you to know that this is good news. He also wants you to know that his name is Tim Sherwood.

From the Birmingham Mail:

‘Tim Sherwood is at his best when he’s backed into a corner.’

Those were the exact words from the Aston Villa manager when asked if he was starting to worry about his side’s poor start to the season.

First of all, Sherwood needs to stop watching Dirty Dancing.

Secondly, at least he’s not talking about win percentages anymore.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never easy to tell who would be a success or not but there are no indications that he has done anything positive so far and didn't he turn us down as a player all those years ago as we weren't big enough ( I believe he went to the spuds) 

so no ( I would take mc claren back in a heartbeat if that were an option after he had eaten humble pie)

If this thread garners so much comment while probably utter rubbish then I'm so looking forward to the closed season. Hope Daveo has a lot of time on his hands, the sites going to crash and burn with the constant rumours and meltdowns. 

I hate Tim Sherwood, I can't even watch his self importance on tv so I'd struggle to watch it in all its glory in our dug out :( 

It intrigues me how easily people on this forum dismiss people. 

Looking at Sherwood fairly, he rescued Spurs' season, whilst blooding youngsters and getting Adebayor playing, there was a clear feelgood factor around the place before he was inevitably stabbed in the back by Levy.

He then saved Villa from relegation by getting Benteke firing again and getting 32million from the scousers for him before again being a victim of delusion. With Villa now certainties to be relegated with the bloke once tipped to replace Wenger in charge and doing much worse! 

It's laughable that those judging Sherwood harshly are keen to overlook McClaren's much poorer record at Newcastle!  

Personally, i think Sherwood ticks a lot of boxes for what we are after. Alright, he's a bit self centred, but so are the greatest in the game!  

He plays the right way, knows how to revive struggling players, encourages youth and is a winner. 

Yes please. 

12 hours ago, SecretDave said:

Please Mel, don't do it. Sherwood had his chance at Villa and look what a complete and utter mess he's left them in. Gary Rowett, Martin O'Neill or Sean Dyche for me please.

Surely this is a joke? You're just trolling right? How you can come to the conclusion that Villa is Sherwood's fault blows my mind, one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

It intrigues me how easily people on this forum dismiss people. 

Looking at Sherwood fairly, he rescued Spurs' season, whilst blooding youngsters and getting Adebayor playing, there was a clear feelgood factor around the place before he was inevitably stabbed in the back by Levy.

He then saved Villa from relegation by getting Benteke firing again and getting 32million from the scousers for him before again being a victim of delusion. With Villa now certainties to be relegated with the bloke once tipped to replace Wenger in charge and doing much worse! 

It's laughable that those judging Sherwood harshly are keen to overlook McClaren's much poorer record at Newcastle!  

Personally, i think Sherwood ticks a lot of boxes for what we are after. Alright, he's a bit self centred, but so are the greatest in the game!  

He plays the right way, knows how to revive struggling players, encourages youth and is a winner. 

Yes please. 

Totally agree, I don't get this dismissive **** attitude around here. Some of the posts in this thread are unbelievable and clueless.

I've personally thought that sherwood has talkedsense in some of the interviews I've seen. However he does seem inconsistent and the self importance points are important where they are not backed up by achievements. We seem to have a high maintenance group of players that need a character of variety and subtlety to handle well. Not convinced sherwood has evidenced all that but then has anyone?

Hope Mel has a thorough interview plan to tease out the responses he's looking for. 

57 minutes ago, DRBee said:

This thread is only getting so many responses cos of the perceived weakness in Mel's judgement when itt comes to managerial appoinments.

Really? He has chosen 1 full time head coach, who had us in the top 6 but was removed due to a number of reasons and put the academy director in charge whilst he considers his options. Not exactly a weakness, he could be waiting for the right person to be available.

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I've personally thought that sherwood has talkedsense in some of the interviews I've seen. However he does seem inconsistent and the self importance points are important where they are not backed up by achievements. We seem to have a high maintenance group of players that need a character of variety and subtlety to handle well. Not convinced sherwood has evidenced all that but then has anyone?

Hope Mel has a thorough interview plan to tease out the responses he's looking for. 

He managed to get Adebayor putting effort in and scoring goals. We don't have high maintenance players at all.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Surely this is a joke? You're just trolling right? How you can come to the conclusion that Villa is Sherwood's fault blows my mind, one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time.

No, I'm not trolling. I'm a Derby season ticket holder of 11 years. I hate the thought of Sherwood coming to Derby,  can't think of anyone I'd like less than him. He's not achieved anything significant at all in his managerial career, apart from getting Villa to the cup final, which they got slaughtered in. Maybe all that's gone wrong at Villa isn't his fault, but I don't think he left them in better shape than he found them in. He's no better than Clement or even Darren Wassall for me. At least Wassall knows our squad.

Appointing Martin O'Neill would show real intent for me, but I'd be happy with Rowett or Dyche too. It's vital we get the right manager this summer. We need to build stability right now and we're not going to do that by changing managers so often. Sherwood has way too many question marks over him. Let Forest have him.

Sometimes you just have a feeling about a person, a dislike of their demeanour or attitude. Some subtle thing you see in the way they conduct themselves that maybe others don't see. I didn't like Sherwood as a player and can't see me taking to him if he was our manager. 

5 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

No, I'm not trolling. I'm a Derby season ticket holder of 11 years. I hate the thought of Sherwood coming to Derby,  can't think of anyone I'd like less than him. He's not achieved anything significant at all in his managerial career, apart from getting Villa to the cup final, which they got slaughtered in. Maybe all that's gone wrong at Villa isn't his fault, but I don't think he left them in better shape than he found them in. He's no better than Clement or even Darren Wassall for me. At least Wassall knows our squad.

Appointing Martin O'Neill would show real intent for me, but I'd be happy with Rowett or Dyche too. It's vital we get the right manager this summer. We need to build stability right now and we're not going to do that by changing managers so often. Sherwood has way too many question marks over him. Let Forest have him.

You have zero clue about what has been going on at Villa, they are rotten to the core and the owners don't care. Under Sherwood it was the first positivity they'd had in ages. How do you draw their current situation from what he did there? Baffling. I don't know what relevance the length of time you've had a season ticket has?

Also how do you know who is better than who? What coaching methods did Clement employ on the training ground then? What training methods and motivational techniques do you see not changing? So they will have exactly the same dynamic with the p[layers will they? Sherwood is known as a motivator but from what I saw Clement wasn't in that category. Here's another one, what is the fetish with O'Neil? Just a good to average manager, his qualification to the Euros isn't really a major achievement if you factor in the increased spaces and his squad. Rowett plays percentage channel pumping football, we have zero frame of reference of what he'd do at a club like ours with this squad. As for Dyche? What planet are you on? Why in the world would he come here?

I just don't understand the foundations for these criticisms.

7 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Sometimes you just have a feeling about a person, a dislike of their demeanour or attitude. Some subtle thing you see in the way they conduct themselves that maybe others don't see. I didn't like Sherwood as a player and can't see me taking to him if he was our manager. 

Imagine what we'd have thought about Clough before he came to Derby if the media was the way it was now. Who cares about how you feel about someone, judge them on how they do the job.

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

You have zero clue about what has been going on at Villa, they are rotten to the core and the owners don't care. Under Sherwood it was the first positivity they'd had in ages. How do you draw their current situation from what he did there? Baffling. I don't know what relevance the length of time you've had a season ticket has?

Also how do you know who is better than who? What coaching methods did Clement employ on the training ground then? What training methods and motivational techniques do you see not changing? So they will have exactly the same dynamic with the p[layers will they? Sherwood is known as a motivator but from what I saw Clement wasn't in that category. Here's another one, what is the fetish with O'Neil? Just a good to average manager, his qualification to the Euros isn't really a major achievement if you factor in the increased spaces and his squad. Rowett plays percentage channel pumping football, we have zero frame of reference of what he'd do at a club like ours with this squad. As for Dyche? What planet are you on? Why in the world would he come here?

I just don't understand the foundations for these criticisms.

Football's all about opinions, I just don't take to Sherwood.

Do you fancy Sherwood as manager then? Who else would you like to see if it's not Sherwood? 

3 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Football's all about opinions, I just don't take to Sherwood.

Do you fancy Sherwood as manager then? Who else would you like to see if it's not Sherwood? 

Sherwood isn't my favourite no, I wouldn't lose my mind if he came in but at the same time I wouldn't be happy. He could end up doing well. Personally I like Pearson, good football and has the right experience both here and up in the Prem. Always the danger that the players could react badly to his more authoritarian mindset though I guess. Would like Rodgers equally but I'm not sure he'll drop down without being paid a bucket load of cash, he's hinted he would but could we really afford him?

Wait and see, might be a few more options available in a couple of months. Either way I want experience, Clement obviously had ideas above his station without the experience to back it up.

50 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Imagine what we'd have thought about Clough before he came to Derby if the media was the way it was now. Who cares about how you feel about someone, judge them on how they do the job.

Not many people take that advice do they? They had Wassall down as a clown before we'd played a match, he's been treated in the most disgusting way by some fans. 

Whover comes I will support the club but I won't be excited about his appointment 

Seems some can't see the forest for the trees.  i saw it was a lumbering time for Tim at Villa yet i think he wood have hauled them into a clearing, but somebody had an axe to grind and so Tim got the chop.

Nice woody name too, i just like it, gives me confidence.

Archived